The future is bright, especially with our point guard.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

The future is bright, especially with our point guard.

id like to start by saying how proud i am of this Celtics team. what they went through, with all the injuries and what not, being one game away from the NBA Finals is a great accomplishment. it looks to be the end of the big 3, thanks for the title, i think we all know that without key injuries we could have had 1 or 2 more.

On to the future. alot of people arent excited, but when i look at it, i am VERY excited. I think we showed the league something this season, we showed how great our fans our, how great our coach is, how we are a fight-to-the-end kind of team. i expect free agents will once again want to come to Boston, especially now that they have a chance to be a significant piece of the future with the Big 3 gone. they have the great coach to play for, and the Point Guard.

Rondo was greatly scrutinized this season, and some of it was justified, but this guy REALLY stepped into his own, especially in the postseason. his playoff performance was special, and we saw him mature b4 our eyes. he def had some hiccups (atlanta game 1), but overall, we saw him play and act like a player that knew he was taking the reigns. his interviews and his play. he has a jumper, and wen engaged can hit his free throws. his 4th qtr effectiveness can no longer be questioned. and hes SO smart, bball iq is off the charts. players wanna play with this guy.

i will go as far to say, and i might be killed for this, that if Dwight Howard wouldnt have waved his rights, we would have had a better than good chance of landing him this summer.

im gunna enjoy watching Danny's approach to rebuilding this team, to grabbing guys to run with the new man in town, Rajon Rondo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: The future is bright, especially with our point guard.

It was all to  clear that when DA was shopping R9R the past few  off-seasons, teams weren't willing to give up a good player in trade for Rondo.

Maybe that's changed a bit with R9R winning the assist title and having a good post season.

We'll see what Danny has in mind.

Should be an interesting off season indeed.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: The future is bright, especially with our point guard.:
    It was all to  clear that when DA was shopping R9R the past few  off-seasons, teams weren't willing to give up a good player in trade for Rondo. Maybe that's changed a bit with R9R winning the assist title and having a good post season. We'll see what Danny has in mind. Should be an interesting off season indeed. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

You have sources for this?

Dude you are dull.  Get a new act.  You picked the wrong guy to be obsessed with.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

we're all proud....thank you thank you....blah blah blah.  Now, front office: improve the team in the offseason.
    Posted by bellhorn_

You're a sad little panda.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo was truly something in the playoffs and is still improving (outside shooting). I still think this team is one rebounding big man away from a championship; Big 4, Bradley, Bass, Green, and a big.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Only real question with Rondo was mentioned in this thread and by most basketball experts.... why is he not engaged so often?

Since game 2 of the Heat series, when he jumper what Reggie Millerish... why did he stop taking it??? Instead the Heat defense sagged and Rondo pounded the ball.

Why didnt he push the ball on missed Heat shots?? He did some of the time... but how many times have you heard Doc complain about this post game???..even in the huddles and by announcers...

He can put up a 27-14-18 line one game and the very next  3-6-12...

The new cliche is Not Engaged... real question is why

Celtics far exceeded my expectations, turned out to be a great season. we had a horse in the race... and thats with Green, Wilcox, AB & JO watching... we get hit by injuries worse than anyone... 

ps/ im not a Rondo hater, i just want the guy to lay it out there all the time in the playoffs esp.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

As an avid Boston fan, I really enjoyed the positivity in this thread. I'm really sick of the negativity towards specific players, and at the teams in general. It gives us all a bad name.

On that note, I think the Celtics can do a lot this offseason, but I would love to see them bring back KG at a reduced salary. I think (with the draft picks) that Boston has a solid offseason ahead of them. I think they need to add another big-man through free agency, a defensive body. KG is key though, I believe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: The future is bright, especially with our point guard. : Yeah, right. So when was the last time danny made a solid move?  Shaq? JON? Green? Perkins? JaJuan?
    Posted by sk8brd

As I said keep up with your pathetic trolling.

Given the constraints Danny had, Shaq was a good move.  Rondo and Bradley were good moves.  Bass was a good move.  Sheed was a good move.

Don't know what team you support.  But I believe that the Celts will soon be much better than the pathetic piece of crap that you support.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: The future is bright, especially with our point guard. : Yeah, right. So when was the last time danny made a solid move?  Shaq? JON? Green? Perkins? JaJuan?
    Posted by sk8brd

I usually don't respond to idiotic posts, but since the next news is the draft and that's 2 1/2  wks off, I'll make an exception this time.
    In answer to your stupid questions - Avery Bradley
    You're probably smarter than what you post.
    If you posted without stupid baiting remarks, you might enjoy things more here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

I love this Celtics backcourt and young guys coming up. 

I expect big things from last years two draft picks, now that Doc will have to play and develop them given PP's and KG's ages. RayA is done, but the C's are deep on undeveloped talent.

We know how good Green is, heir apparent to PP. Avery is only going to get better. Add a sharpshooter, a la Eddie House, and this team is dangerous every night.

Three good big men to go with KG, PP, BB and this team is a contender--again.

To the Laker trolls on this site and the Boston fans who hate them, I say, bring it on. 2012-2013 Finals: LA vs Boston--as it should be. Celtics in 7.

Sections
Shortcuts