The future

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The future

1.  EXTEND BIG BABY NOW 2. Keep Rondo and Nae  3. Keep Semi and Luke 4. Sign West 5. Offer Daniels a small contract. 5. Keep Perk  *** When Paul , Kevin, and Ray are gone take the money and go out and sign a top player and a stud roll player.  And we will be ready to compete for four or five years, championship mabey if we get on a roll one year at the right time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: The future

who cares about the future. live in the now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I agree they should be trying to hang on to baby and make him a good offer.
    I also think this group has another run in them next year. Of course this will be heavily dependent on the injury situation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not saying that it's the best move for the C's but #18 won't depend on whether BBD is a Celtics or not. As long as we have a healthy top 6-7 guys, we're good. Get a clue!!

The C's are loaded and I'd rather Ainge move BBD and get something while his value is high rather than watch him walk EVEN after winning #18. You never let a guy walk when your team needs some younger players. If Ainge can sign him I think he will. Let's not start getting carried away with resigning guys that are role players again. This board seemed to do that with TA and Posey...we have to sign them, we have to sign them. Well Ainge knows what pieces fit with this team and those guys should've stayed and they'd still be known on a good team instead of bit pieces on mediocre teams. BBD needs to realize the same thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The future:
    I'm not saying that it's the best move for the C's but #18 won't depend on whether BBD is a Celtics or not. As long as we have a healthy top 6-7 guys, we're good. Get a clue!! The C's are loaded and I'd rather Ainge move BBD and get something while his value is high rather than watch him walk EVEN after winning #18. You never let a guy walk when your team needs some younger players. If Ainge can sign him I think he will. Let's not start getting carried away with resigning guys that are role players again. This board seemed to do that with TA and Posey...we have to sign them, we have to sign them. Well Ainge knows what pieces fit with this team and those guys should've stayed and they'd still be known on a good team instead of bit pieces on mediocre teams. BBD needs to realize the same thing.
    Posted by BiasLewis

BBD is the 6th man of the Celtics. I think the word 6th is the clue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I'm not saying that it's the best move for the C's but #18 won't depend on whether BBD is a Celtics or not. As long as we have a healthy top 6-7 guys, we're good. Get a clue!! The C's are loaded and I'd rather Ainge move BBD and get something while his value is high rather than watch him walk EVEN after winning #18. You never let a guy walk when your team needs some younger players. If Ainge can sign him I think he will. Let's not start getting carried away with resigning guys that are role players again. This board seemed to do that with TA and Posey...we have to sign them, we have to sign them. Well Ainge knows what pieces fit with this team and those guys should've stayed and they'd still be known on a good team instead of bit pieces on mediocre teams. BBD needs to realize the same thing.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Are you crazy? The Celtics will not win #18 if BBD is not with the Celtics.

I tell you what, when the Celtics win #18 BBD will be right there in that locker room hugging that Larry O'Brien trophy. 

The Big 4 plus Shaq equals the best 5 players on the Celtics. And I think almost all the Celtic fans here agree that the 6th best is none other than Glen Davis. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: The future : Are you crazy? The Celtics will not win #18 if BBD is not with the Celtics. I tell you what, when the Celtics win #18 BBD will be right there in that locker room hugging that Larry O'Brien trophy.  The Big 4 plus Shaq equals the best 5 players on the Celtics. And I think almost all the Celtic fans here agree that the 6th best is none other than Glen Davis. 
    Posted by P34

You can't be serious!!! Are you his agent?? Wow! I'm losing respect for you with each post. So now we have a role bench player that we can't win a title without having him on the team?? We start pretty much 4 All Stars, 4 HOFers and now the most important player is BBD.

So what was the C's record last year when BBD was out the first two months??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Given the inconsistent health of the bigs, and the chemistry we've developed with baby, plus his consistency in being available (other than the thumb thing), I think it would be stupid to trade him.  I dont' expect the market for him this summer will be much higher than it was last summer.  And it would certainly take till next year to properly train his replacement.  That is, unless we could bring in a guy like posey who already knows the system.

I do see where, if they thought sheed was coming and could play, they might try to make a move wtih davis.  But that's a mighty MIGHTY big if.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Given the inconsistent health of the bigs, and the chemistry we've developed with baby, plus his consistency in being available (other than the thumb thing), I think it would be stupid to trade him.  I dont' expect the market for him this summer will be much higher than it was last summer.  And it would certainly take till next year to properly train his replacement.  That is, unless we could bring in a guy like posey who already knows the system. I do see where, if they thought sheed was coming and could play, they might try to make a move wtih davis.  But that's a mighty MIGHTY big if.
    Posted by cole-ely

Apparently I'm not the only who thinks that trading BBD this February is stupid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The future : this is an insane concept!  we are going to uproot the team chemistry and trade the SIXTH MAN (maybe of the year league wide?!) who averages double digit scoring, spreads the floor, bangs inside, leads the league in charges taken, if he won't sign a low brow contract offer before the trade deadline?!!!! crazy idea!  for this year, davis is a KEY COG in the team, and i'd like to have him on any team, he brings grit, hustle, and a considerable skill set no matter who is around him.  they think so much of him that he CLOSES GAMES AT CENTER FOR US RIGHT NOW.  just think about that for a second- a 6-6 "fat" guy is our best player to finish at the 5 (and if you haven't noticed we're winning about .700 ball right now?!) and you think we're going to trade him if he doesn't sign what we say he should sign when we say he should sign it. i guess you're counting on jerlame being injury free AND effective?  kind of like betting your life savings on a house-rigged roulette wheel, no?
    Posted by aciemvp

Guess acie is also BBD's agent, huh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm going to ask again. What was the C's record when BBD was out for two months last season?

I'm not saying we HAVE to trade him. I'm saying Ainge will offer BBD a contract and if he balks about the money (i.e. TA & Posey) Ainge will look to move him to get a player. I like BBD but let's not act like he's irreplaceable on this team.

I'll wait for the answer to my question? (queue the Jeopardy music)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Big Baby has been in intricate cog in the CELTICS line up.  it would be foolish, stupid, moronic, assanine to think about trading him at any point.  We do not know what is on BBD's mind, so let's not jump to conclusions on what he may or may not accept.  I feel BBD is a career role player and I think he fits best in Boston.  I would hope that he looks at others who thought the grass is greener elsewhere and will eventually fade into oblivion.  I think BBD has a good comradare with KG and Nate and would be nuts to turn down a decent offer to continue his career for one sports BEST franchise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I'm going to ask again. What was the C's record when BBD was out for two months last season?  I'll wait for the answer to my question? (queue the Jeopardy music)
    Posted by BiasLewis

We were 22-5 to start the year last year and promptly hit the skids following davis' return to finish out the season 27-27.  so was that davis' fault?  Or was the team dragged into a quagmire largely by RASHEED WALLISS being a fat lazy guy who gave away leads on a nightly basis faster than a h00ker could get her clothes off? 

it was debilitating for me as a fan to watch the starters build up a 10 point lead and then watch sheed come in each game and give away the store in no time flat.   that was going to catch up with our team last year, and it did. 

We're 19-4 this year with Shak at center for 22 mins and Davis playing considerable minutes at center.  Shak has been much more effective than Perkins was last year, better efficiency, better foot speed, better everything.  

Davis is playing better than he ever has before, is still improving, leads the league in charges taken, is acknowledged as the best big man help defender in the league by most commentators and you think he's just another dude you can plug and play WHO with?

Let's get down to brass tacks with this arguement of yours and to replace davis with someone if he doesn't sign when we say so and for just how much we like?  WHO comes in and learns the system from Jan-April and makes us better or remotely near the same as we are w/ Davis as 6th man and finishing 5?  

I have no idea who you are talking about?  Tolliver <gag>?  Hakim Warrick?  Earl Barron?  Alla Abdelflabby?  Have you checked what some other similar stat profile (to Davis) big guys are making?  Charlie V just signed a long term gift with Detroit- he's over 10M a year!!!(??).  Tyrus Thomas at 8M for an airhead who isn't a winner.  Don't we have a good thing going with Davis at 3M even if that's soon to be made 6M??!@!#@$#

Last time I checked, quality bigs / versatile bigs that can play both 4/5 help off the bench was a hard thing to find..... but you know differently so please tell us who the replacement candidates are for Davis should it "come down to that" in your trade deadline scenario of scuttling the potential 6th man of the year for something better. 

<play alex trebeck musak here />

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Do some of you read?? I remember seeing these same type comments about TA and Posey. What happened with both of them when it was time to resign them?? THEY BOTH TOOK THE MONEY OVER ALL THE ATTRIBUTES THEY GAVE THE C's.

For the 5th time, I think BBD fits in well with the C's BUT unless the numbers are right I doubt he'll resign to sit behind KG for 2-3 more years. Last year BBD was discouraged about his role. This year he has accepted it probably because he knows he's in a contract year. Watch out for the guys that are in contract years because they usually ball out.

I don't know who the replacements should be but trust me Ainge will get what he's looking for by either resigning Davis or replacing him.

aciemvp - Please stop acting like BBD is an All NBA player. I know what he brings to the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Big Baby has been in intricate cog in the CELTICS line up.  it would be foolish, stupid, moronic, assanine to think about trading him at any point.  We do not know what is on BBD's mind, so let's not jump to conclusions on what he may or may not accept.  I feel BBD is a career role player and I think he fits best in Boston.  I would hope that he looks at others who thought the grass is greener elsewhere and will eventually fade into oblivion.  I think BBD has a good comradare with KG and Nate and would be nuts to turn down a decent offer to continue his career for one sports BEST franchise.
    Posted by jdm894g

I learned a long time ago and maybe you should too. IT'S A BUSINESS! You don't want me jumping in his head but you think he's a role player...but what does he think??? What he thinks is what matters. If someone asked if he didn't mind sitting behind KG for 2-3 more years, he would probably give the PC answer but he's already expressed the chance to start and was discouraged by not getting offers before. Remember if he had received an offer worth taking last year he was gone.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

To me, the main thing that baby brings to the table at this point vs other 2nd string power forwards is the fact that he fits well and knows the system.  If you bring in a new guy of equal talent, he will barely be on board by the playoffs and never will mesh the way baby does now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The future : I learned a long time ago and maybe you should too. IT'S A BUSINESS! You don't want me jumping in his head but you think he's a role player...but what does he think??? What he thinks is what matters. If someone asked if he didn't mind sitting behind KG for 2-3 more years, he would probably give the PC answer but he's already expressed the chance to start and was discouraged by not getting offers before. Remember if he had received an offer worth taking last year he was gone.  
    Posted by BiasLewis

Tell me this, you don't think Banner #18 is worth losing BBD next season?

Which option do you prefer?

A. Celtics get Banner #18 but lose BBD in the summer.

B. Celtics trade BBD in February, because he won't sign an extension, and in the process the Celtics fail to get Banner #18.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Do some of you read?? I remember seeing these same type comments about TA and Posey. What happened with both of them when it was time to resign them?? THEY BOTH TOOK THE MONEY OVER ALL THE ATTRIBUTES THEY GAVE THE C's. For the 5th time, I think BBD fits in well with the C's BUT unless the numbers are right I doubt he'll resign to sit behind KG for 2-3 more years. Last year BBD was discouraged about his role. This year he has accepted it probably because he knows he's in a contract year. Watch out for the guys that are in contract years because they usually ball out. I don't know who the replacements should be but trust me Ainge will get what he's looking for by either resigning Davis or replacing him. aciemvp - Please stop acting like BBD is an All NBA player. I know what he brings to the team.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Would you rather the Celtics kept Posey but failed to get Banner #17?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Are you saying that BBD is only the 8th or 9th best player on the Celtics right now? 

Since JO and Perk are injured are you telling us that BBD is not the first big man off the bench right now?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Posted by jdm894g

Does this also make jdm894g BBD's agent, BiasLewis?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Bias, are you thinking about Sean Williams replacing BBD?

Lawrence Frank's influence

posted at 7/19/2010 10:34 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689&plckUserId=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 12/15/2010
    Things are mighty quiet in Beantown but I guess the "will Sheed or won't Sheed" decision is what is keeping things quiet.

I wonder will Frank be able to lure some of his former players to the C's? One in particular I would be interested in is Sean Williams, 6-10 shot blocker from BC. He would jump on the vet min and probably give us some athleticism we haven't had in years on the frontline.

Antoine Wright is another guy I think played for Frank in NJ.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: The future : Would you rather the Celtics kept Posey but failed to get Banner #17?
    Posted by P34

Um, hello we won #17 with Posey. He left after we won. Now ask me did we need him the following year when we lost to Orlando....YES.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: The future : Tell me this, you don't think Banner #18 is worth losing BBD next season? Which option do you prefer? A. Celtics get Banner #18 but lose BBD in the summer. B. Celtics trade BBD in February, because he won't sign an extension, and in the process the Celtics fail to get Banner #18.
    Posted by P34

P34,

Why are those the only options? Maybe because they fit your point. Where are the other options?

C. Win #18 and sign BBD to an extension

D. Trade BBD before the deadline and still win #18

I prefer D

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: The future : I learned a long time ago and maybe you should too. IT'S A BUSINESS!  
    Posted by BiasLewis

ok, fair enough.  it's a business.  so straight up, for the second time now, name me some names of WHO in this league who is paid 6-8M a year can come to this team and pick up where davis leaves off if we trade him away due to expected contract squabbling.

WHO- i need names.  and they have to be thought to be probably available.  I named Charlie V (who makes $7M / year and couldn't play center if his life depended on it and is soft in body and mind) and Vyrus Thomas (who makes 8M a year for a nickel a year mindset, has had clashes with coaches and is NOT better than davis).  Hakim Warrick was just signed by PHO and Tolliver just signed by MIN.  I don't think either of those two are as capable/versatile as Davis and moreover PROBABLY NOT AVAILABLE FOR TRADE EITHER.

As you see, I am not dealing in "all league" delusions but looking around the league at other 4/5 bench talent and not seeing a single damn thing that looks as good as Davis.

And davis is still improving too!  unless you think he's the same now as before or worse than before and i don't know many people who do.

so just give up the names of the alternative 4/5 talent you desire in trade and maybe we can buy into your opening the door of this seemingly silly idea that davis should be potential trade bait this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

or, are you operating at the level of "this is just a business" where it is okay to just jettison davis' 3m salary cap for a few remaining months of the season and take a 2nd round pick for him from some quasi-contending team?

and thus davis would be replacable by any other assortment of hamragody/erden/jerlame o'neal that you could patch together?  even though 2 of the 3 are playing injured / sitting injured and one is a green rookie not known for any defensive abilities and whom could never play spot duty at the 5?

Sections
Shortcuts