The Gerald Wallace Trade.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

The Gerald Wallace Trade.....

The only way I see Gerald Wallace being traded is in a straight up swap for Steve Nash plus the Celtics throw in the Doc Rivers Clippers #1pick....

Nash is a better fit in Boston, the perfect 15 minute backup to Rondo and a guy who can translate (and be willing to) Brad Stevens offense to a young inexperienced, not to mention being a mentor to Marcus Smart ...........Wallace is a much better fit on the Lakers where he actually fills a need and will get as many minutes as he can handle 

Both Wallace and Nash are progress stoppers on their current teams- Wallace is in the way of Suly, James Young, Evan Turner and Nash is in the way of Jordan Clarkson (steal of the 2nd round and the entire draft)

Wallace for Nash makes the most sense for both teams

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Re: The Gerald Wallace Trade.....

In response to PHX85014's comment:

The only way I see Gerald Wallace being traded is in a straight up swap for Steve Nash plus the Celtics throw in the Doc Rivers Clippers #1pick....

Nash is a better fit in Boston, the perfect 15 minute backup to Rondo and a guy who can translate (and be willing to) Brad Stevens offense to a young inexperienced, not to mention being a mentor to Marcus Smart ...........Wallace is a much better fit on the Lakers where he actually fills a need and will get as many minutes as he can handle 

Both Wallace and Nash are progress stoppers on their current teams- Wallace is in the way of Suly, James Young, Evan Turner and Nash is in the way of Jordan Clarkson (steal of the 2nd round and the entire draft)

Wallace is horrible, unrosterable.  He makes 10 per yr the next 2 yrs.  Nash is done, his body cant handle the nba.  His contract is expiring.  Accept the fact that LA would never in a million years take on an additional 10mil in wasted salary.  Wallace is ours unless he can be sent somewhere with rondo or to take on an equally horrible contract, which I sure hope we don't do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

They should just stretch Wallace, and put his out of his misery...............

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

No draft choice goes with Wallace anywhere

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

No need to stretch Wallace.  Celtics aren't going anywhere next year, so his presence doesn't prevent them from doing anything.  After this coming season, his expiring contract becomes somewhat of an asset.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Good thought,  You want slackers for next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

Nash is a better fit in Boston, the perfect 15 minute backup to Rondo and a guy who can translate (and be willing to) Brad Stevens offense to a young inexperienced roster, not to mention being a mentor to Marcus Smart ...........Wallace is a much better fit on the Lakers where he actually fills a need and will get as many minutes as he can handle 

Wallace is horrible, unrosterable.  He makes 10 per yr the next 2 yrs.  Nash is done, his body cant handle the nba.  His contract is expiring.  Accept the fact that LA would never in a million years take on an additional 10mil in wasted salary.  Wallace is ours unless he can be sent somewhere with rondo or to take on an equally horrible contract, which I sure hope we don't do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

No need to stretch Wallace.  Celtics aren't going anywhere next year, so his presence doesn't prevent them from doing anything.  After this coming season, his expiring contract becomes somewhat of an asset.

Have to disagree ... we are at the tax apron and have no room to sign a player for say $5MM if a decent player is cut from another team before the season starts. Stretching Wallace now gives the C's some elbow room and waiving Bogans give them plenty of room.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

Have to disagree ... we are at the tax apron and have no room to sign a player for say $5MM if a decent player is cut from another team before the season starts. Stretching Wallace now gives the C's some elbow room and waiving Bogans give them plenty of room.

Room for what?  The NBA isn't the NFL where quality players are routinely cut.  Stretching Wallace will have him on our cap for the next 5 years at 4 million a year.  You're insane if you want that.  The Celtics shouldn't be signing anyone for this current year.  A 5 million dollar per year player isn't going to help us....it will only hurt us.  Be patient, children.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Room for what?  The NBA isn't the NFL where quality players are routinely cut.  Stretching Wallace will have him on our cap for the next 5 years at 4 million a year.  You're insane if you want that.  The Celtics shouldn't be signing anyone for this current year.  A 5 million dollar per year player isn't going to help us....it will only hurt us.  Be patient, children.

Stretching him now means he'll be off the books when it's time to sign big contracts. And who said he won't negotiate for less than $20MM to get out of here and sign with another team?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ok, if that is true, then we shouldn't stretch him.  I thought the stretch provision added ONE year, which means 3 years at about 7 per...........if it's 4, and I don't doubt you because I don't know, then I say no...thanks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Wallace is the only completely untradeable player on our team. No one will take that contract. 

We don't need Nash. Time for young guards to develop and another trip to the lottery.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ok, if that is true, then we shouldn't stretch him.  I thought the stretch provision added ONE year, which means 3 years at about 7 per...........if it's 4, and I don't doubt you because I don't know, then I say no...thanks

It's double the length of the deal plus one year.  Wallace has 2 years left, so that would be 5.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Be patient.  Let's shoot for a high pick this year and jettison as many contracts as possible, i.e., Green.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Do you stay awake and smoke legalized drugs to come up with these things??  Wouldn't it just be better to release him .. Pay him ..,if he is so bad

Always Right.....at least in my mind

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

It's 5 yrs if stretched now. So if waived for the entire $20MM over 5 yrs then only $4MM/yr and even less if negotiated down to say $15MM then only $3MM/yr cap hit. Thats peanuts to free up $10-15MM in cap space now between him and Bogans to have available if a viable piece becomes available. Just because the space is there, doesn't mean we have to use it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

It's 5 yrs if stretched now. So if waived for the entire $20MM over 5 yrs then only $4MM/yr and even less if negotiated down to say $15MM then only $3MM/yr cap hit. Thats peanuts to free up $10-15MM in cap space now between him and Bogans to have available if a viable piece becomes available. Just because the space is there, doesn't mean we have to use it.

....or we can keep Wallace this year because we are going nowhere and use his expiring deal in the 2015-2016 to get something in return for nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

....or we can keep Wallace this year because we are going nowhere and use his expiring deal in the 2015-2016 to get something in return for nothing.

and pay him $10MM to sit on the bench ala Bogans ... letting him get paid for nothing vs stretching him now is just a "pay me now" vs "pay me later" strategy to accomplish what ... getting a late 2nd round draft pick in 2018 or one that's top 50 protected? Penny wise and pound foolish.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

There is no benefit to stretch Wallace now.  

This year Wallace brings value with his vet presence in the locker room and at practice helping develop young keepers.  Next year his expiring becomes a trade asset.  

Bringing on Nash makes less sense.  

Giving "15 minutes" to Nash means taking 15 minutes from Smart. Smart is our PG of the future and needs all the development minutes he can get this season.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

This year Wallace brings value with his vet presence in the locker room and at practice helping develop young keepers.  Next year his expiring becomes a trade asset.  

Giving "15 minutes" to Nash means taking 15 minutes from Smart. Smart is our PG of the future and needs all the development minutes he can get this season.   

Agreed...save the minutes for the kids that need seasoning...Wallace will be here for the duration, sort of like that nasty wallpaper that was in the hallway when you bought the house...it sucks, but you can live with it at night when the lights are down low!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Agreed...save the minutes for the kids that need seasoning...Wallace will be here for the duration, sort of like that nasty wallpaper that was in the hallway when you bought the house...it sucks, but you can live with it at night when the lights are down low!

[object HTMLDivElement]

Too funny!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Too funny!!

And, unfortunately, all too true

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Stretching Wallace didn't happen.

Sections
Shortcuts