The Good & The Bad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Good & The Bad

What's good about the Celtics this season is their defense is outstanding. Holding opponents to only 91.18 ppg, 2nd best in the NBA behind Miami, and only allowing opponents to shoot 43.4% from the field, also 2nd best behind Miami.

The bad thing is every time Ray Allen struggles the Celtics lose. If Ray makes 3 or more 3s the Celtics win. When Ray scores more than 20 in a game the Celtics also win. 

I think the Celtics need another shooter off the bench. Von Wafer is just not getting it done. Not getting enough playing is not an excuse anymore, the Celtics already played 28 games. 

While Courtney Lee is no Tayshaun Prince or Gerald Wallace, he will be an upgrade over Von Wafer. And he can be had for 1.35m.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: The Good & The Bad

In Response to The Good & The Bad:
    [QUOTE]What's good about the Celtics this season is their defense is outstanding. Holding opponents to only 91.18 ppg, 2nd best in the NBA behind Miami, and only allowing opponents to shoot 43.4% from the field, also 2nd best behind Miami. The bad thing is every time Ray Allen struggles the Celtics lose. If Ray makes 3 or more 3s the Celtics win. Or if Ray scores more than 20 in a game the Celtics also win.  I think the Celtics need another shooter off the bench. Von Wafer is just not getting it done. Not getting enough playing is not an excuse anymore, the Celtics already played 28 games.  While Courtney Lee is no Tayshaun Prince or Gerald Wallace, he will be an upgrade over Von Wafer. And he can be had for 1.35m.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Good points and if possible the Celtics should trade for another shooter. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

im not sure if its true.
    Celtics 5-28, look at the the shooting woe of Ray on the 4 losses.
    let me know his percentage

Not counting the game vs Orlando. we all know he's bad at that game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Delonte should be back soon and will fill the void. His wrist is healing faster than expected and is projected to return in mid to late January.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce I have also noticed that Ray is now consistently inconsistent with his play. JJ Redick plays him very tough and I never wanted to fully acknowledge it.

They need another three point guy more than anything to get Ray open.  When there are viable threats out there Ray get his looks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Anyone can help me look at the 4 losses statistics of Ray?
    I'm trying but if you are good and searching, I will appreciate it.

I want to believe what Fierce was saying but I'm not buying it yet that we need a shooter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

I would take Courtney Lee over Von Wafer in a minute.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: The Good & The Bad:
    [QUOTE]Delonte should be back soon and will fill the void. His wrist is healing faster than expected and is projected to return in mid to late January.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Yes this is the addition to look for

His ability to play PG and late Nate run wild as a scorer off the bench is more valuable than Lee IMO... b/c once you trade an asset for Lee (Avery? A pick?) where does he fit when DWest comes back? He's just a better Wafer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Here's the stats on Ray Ray and they show what you'd expect in losses (exactly as P34 postulated):

stat                   season        losses (5)        wins (23)
    ----------            -----------       ----------        ----------
    FG %                     51%              33%            51%
    3 pt FG %               41.5%           21%            45%
    FT %                      88%             79%            90%
    Rebounds/gm          3.4               4.8              3.1
    Assists                   3.4               3.4              3.3
    Minutes/Gm            36.6             38.0             36.2

Some stats are deceiving, of course.   We would expect less minutes played in wins than losses because Doc's having to play the starters at the end of the game to come back.   Also, we don't show this for Paul and its likely he's also not playing great in losses.   After all, we lose because people aren't shooting well or playing well so we expect the stats to be worse in losses, right????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ooops, forgot to add:

In wins:  Ray has an average of 2.26   3-pointers made (52 made 3's in 23 wins)  
    In Losses:  Ray has an average of 0.8  3-pointers made (4 made 3's in 5 losses)