The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown

The Good: Green is a fast perimeter player who can play the three or the four, help the Celtics spread the floor and provides versatility the Celtics lost after Posey left, and he can help Pierce get some needed rest for the playoffs. Kristic is a better offensive center than Perkins. Pavlovic might hit a big three for the team in the playoffs.
    The Bad: We lost interior defense, chemistry with Perkins, and we already were arguably the best team prior to the shakeup. Murphy at this point looks horrible. Hope it is just rust, and he can help the team in April.
    The Unknown: Shaq? Will Shaq be able to be there night in and night out as the starting center in the playoffs? Can Doc get all these new pieces into place with only twenty regular season games left and find a new championship winning formula and rotation for the playoffs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Re: The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown

In Response to The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown:
    [QUOTE] The Good: Green is a fast perimeter player who can play the three or the four, help the Celtics spread the floor and provides versatility the Celtics lost after Posey left, and he can help Pierce get some needed rest for the playoffs. Kristic is a better offensive center than Perkins. Pavlovic might hit a big three for the team in the playoffs. The Bad: We lost interior defense, chemistry with Perkins, and we already were arguably the best team prior to the shakeup. Murphy at this point looks horrible. Hope it is just rust, and he can help the team in April. The Unknown: Shaq? Will Shaq be able to be there night in and night out as the starting center in the playoffs? Can Doc get all these new pieces into place with only twenty regular season games left and find a new championship winning formula and rotation for the playoffs?
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown :
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

And the Celtics keep winning even with the bad and the unknown.Go celtics

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

We lost less chemistry than you might think in Perkins.  Yes, he was very tough on D, but we have Davis that does that too.  And Shaq.

From what I see so far, we have a greatly incresed chemistry on offense betwen Kristic and everyone else vs. having Perkins on the offensive end being a non factor to a downright drag when he tried to do things or caught the ball inside, about a 30% rate of finishing from 2 feet out.  most of the time the ball stripped away from him.

Kristic seems willing to show and hustle on D as well.  I hope his legs stay together.

Green is another huge plus- a much better offensive player than posey and marquis combined, he gives us something new off the bench, a 3/4 guy who is solid starting quality.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Seriously watching Rondo and Green run is not only good but fun - this Celtics team is very easy to watch right now from a winning and entertainment perspective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Here is the good
    1 Ray Allen hitting three's late with fresh legs
    2 PP getting ten free throws the other night by driving to the paint
    3KG getting more looks in the paint and actually looking to go down there because there is no one to roll off and defend
    4Rondo has one more option to pass to and open lanes to drive to when everyone is covered.
    5 Having a fast break

The bad have not seen yet

Unknown is a question when Shaq was healthy RR was posting crazy assist numbers and we were playing our best ball of the season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

bramrock

... a very even handed analysis.

After today, seeing the Lakers dismantle the Spurs with defense and rebounding on their home court, I hope we can still match up. 

Our all star first string may be able to score enough to over come the defensive deficit against the Lakers front line.

... yeah I know we have had good defense with out Perk, but if we meet the Lakers in the finals, we will facing a team that is different than any other team. No one else has the front line size that the lakers can provide. Bynum had 17 rebounds against the Spurs today.

I guess we will find out in June. Lets hope that a healthy KG and Green will be enough. I guess I would try to get Bynum in foul trouble by going at him early and often with Shaq.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I still rate the Lakers the pick of the West.  The Spurs may have won more games but to beat the Lakers 4 times in the playoffs is something I doubt the Spurs have got in them

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

After today, I would agree.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown:
    [QUOTE] The Good: Green is a fast perimeter player who can play the three or the four, help the Celtics spread the floor and provides versatility the Celtics lost after Posey left, and he can help Pierce get some needed rest for the playoffs. Kristic is a better offensive center than Perkins. Pavlovic might hit a big three for the team in the playoffs. The Bad: We lost interior defense, chemistry with Perkins, and we already were arguably the best team prior to the shakeup. Murphy at this point looks horrible. Hope it is just rust, and he can help the team in April. The Unknown: Shaq? Will Shaq be able to be there night in and night out as the starting center in the playoffs? Can Doc get all these new pieces into place with only twenty regular season games left and find a new championship winning formula and rotation for the playoffs?
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]
    Until Murph gets his basketball legs, I think you could call it the Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown : Until Murph gets his basketball legs, I think you could call it the Good, The Bad and the Ugly.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

and even after that, murph ain't a looker

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown : and even after that, murph ain't a looker
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    Heh Heh...I can't laugh too much after looking in the mirror.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the good 1 Ray Allen hitting three's late with fresh legs 2 PP getting ten free throws the other night by driving to the paint 3KG getting more looks in the paint and actually looking to go down there because there is no one to roll off and defend 4Rondo has one more option to pass to and open lanes to drive to when everyone is covered. 5 Having a fast break The bad have not seen yet Unknown is a question when Shaq was healthy RR was posting crazy assist numbers and we were playing our best ball of the season
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Good points.  I'd only edit your post by saying:

The bad:  We keep letting teams come back after getting far ahead.  Against good teams, that could bite us.  I'm hoping its just because we're missing so many players to injury (West, Shaq, BBD).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

The principal impetus for the trades was Marquis' loss for maybe the season.  We really needed him to spell PP and with him down, we were not sitting as pretty as we had been.  Green's acquisition corrects that.  I have to trust Danny's feeling about the playoff availability of Shaq, JON, and Delonte -- and Krstic's ability to be a serviceable center.  If Murph can regain his shot and Arroyo fill in until Delonte gets back, I think we'll be okay, if different.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Number,

I agree with the impetus, however, we only needed a sub not a replacement for Pierce. We will find out if it was a good choice in June.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The bad,
    Murphy in my opinion looks terrible. I say that considering we are hoping to get a real contribution from him.  I don't see it.  He looks slow, and unable to rebound as previously advertised on the defensive end.  Nothing from him in that regard.

Avery Bradley has not a clue or the skills to play point guard.  This second unit looks mighty weak with these scrubs.

BBD, Wafer, West, all need to get very quickly.  Arroyo will also come in handy.

Sections
Shortcuts