The Great Point Guard (Rondo) Debate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: The Great Point Guard (Rondo) Debate

blah blah blah....sick and tired of this thread and this ongoing Rondo conversation

I'm sure I'll read about it if he gets traded.  Save that, I'll talk to you about Rondo after he has a season to base something on.  Until then I am officially out of the debating society.  I can't think of a single aspect of his game, impact, potential, attitude etc that hasn't been beaten to DEATH.  I should start an Edward Snowden thread or a backwardation in gold thread or a NATO backed al Quada mercenary intervention gets utterly defeated in Syria thread or something like that until thje season starts and we actually have something to chew on.

I am waiting to see.  Rondo still can be a league MVP.  31 wins this season for the Cs.  C's don't make the playoffs and neither do the Lakers...we get a high 2014 first round draft pick from some maneuvering with our abundance of picks...looking forward to watching Olynyk and Sullinger and Green and Pressey

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

RallyC

Like I said, that's your opinion.

And we all know you don't like Rondo, so it's either you're an idiot or a hater.

If you read my previous post then you will see exactly why what you say is absolutely impossible and wrong despite what ANYONE on TV may say. You are saying RR is a top 10 TODAY. He can't be if he can't even play the game right now, nor do we know who he will be once he returns. Simple LOGIC defies your lack of reasoning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

RallyC

And we all know you don't like Rondo, so it's either you're an idiot or a hater.

If you read my previous post then you will see exactly why what you say is absolutely impossible and wrong despite what ANYONE on TV may say. You are saying RR is a top 10 TODAY. He can't be if he can't even play the game right now, nor do we know who he will be once he returns. Simple LOGIC defies your lack of reasoning.

RallyC... if you take Fungus serious enough to attempt to "debate" him, you are a bigger fool than he.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

RallyC

RallyC... if you take Fungus serious enough to attempt to "debate" him, you are a bigger fool than he.

Pud

Understood. End of discussion. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

Media is media and and their objective is to manipulate the simpletons of the fan base like you. You Fierce are an undeniable idiot. Don't you notice that most of what  that you write is about You defending You? There is no reason to argure the fact that you are absolutely a bonifide buffoon. You Go worship NBA Network now. They love easy scores like you. They prey on a guy like you who sit with their sports "entertainment" network on and wait for them to feed their manipualtive info to you so that you can then run to BDC and post the info as if it is your own. Don't you undersatnd what they are doing to your smaller than average "human" brain? They are giving you propoganda and half truths and are trying to give you what you want to hear in order to keep you liking/respecting their opinions SO THAT YOU'LL WANT TO WATCH THEM. Truth is, they know very little more, if any, than we do. It comes down to critical thinking and problem solving on an individual basis. I will stop right there because I don't want you to blow an artery in your peanut trying to understand what I say here. Go Fierce, though your brain size may be smaller, your gullibility quotient is through the damn roof. The TV awaits you.......don't forget the popcorn!

Like I said, your opinion is just an opinion, it's not a fact.

You call me an idiot and a buffon for stating facts?

Let me tell you this, if John Wall gets the max then Rondo gets the max.

And Rondo is clearly a top 10 PG in the NBA today.

Why should we believe guys like you when you're a nobody.

Maybe you're living in a fantasy world, but in the real world the guys from ESPN and NBA TV have more credibility than you and Karl. And that's a fact!

[/QUOTE

Ok, you asked for it FIERCE, here is a dose of common sense for ya:

As of this very moment, Rajon Rondo is 20-23 and on an 8-game losing streak as the starting PG of the Boston Celtics since the beginning of the most recent NBA season. Rajon Rondo's losing streak only ended due to his ACL injury which he is presently rehabbing from. Coincidentally the Boston Celtics improved immediately and went on to win 7-in a row, 21 out of the next 38 and get into the play-offs despite not having a supposed top ten PG. That makes no sense! Rajon Rondo has lost 3-HOF starters from the team in the last year+. EDITED OUT DO TO THE FACT THAT THIS STATEMENT IS COMPLETE BS. As a matter of fact, at this very moment, I would find it hard to imagine that he is realistically able to play basketball. As such, he isn't even in the top 30-NBA PGs. Until Rondo comes back and proves he can lead a team to winning without a handful of HOFers and be successful in excelling on defense, HE CANNOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE TOP 10. Now go ahead make all of the excuses you want. THESE ARE ALL FACTS. Go ahead Fierce, make yourself look like a fool by trying to justify your statements, or any of your favorite NBA TV analysts or "insiders" who claim that RR IS A TOP 10 PG RIGHT NOW. How can anyone in this world make that claim and be looked at seriously???.....Go for it baby! You can"t change the facts and the truth about the state of the situation. You just don't get it. This is the real world and you can't look past his inability to even play the game RIGHT NOW and there is no guarantee that he ever will be the same or even play again. And please, don't say "The fans voted him an allstar." Talk about TODAY, right now, and don't dismiss recent history as you seem to want to do. Lastly, if you use a single "IF" in your response, Then you will be proving that as of "today" as you clearly insist, that Rondo is not "today" what you claim and will be wasting everyone's time with a response, thats if you have the nerve to try to respond.........Rondos value today is not one of a top ten PG PERIOD.

Dude! I'm so proud of you!. Those ARE facts (for the most part). I still think you're reading too much into it, but that's OK. You go boy! Plus your opinion is noted. Thanks.

"I would find it hard to imagine that he is realistically able to play basketball." - meaning "I'm guessing he is unable to play basketball" That part is not fact but a guess.

"and you can't look past his inability to even play the game RIGHT NOW". Did you see or discuss this with Rondo today per chance? Just wondering... 

I hope you don't get upset over the fact that I edited your statement above to keep it more factual.

"Go for it baby!" - Did you just call Fierce34 "baby"? You don't sound old enough to be from the 70's. What's up with that?

It seems RallyC and Karllost are going ballistic over this thread with exagerations and name calling. So I'll end my part in all this now. Honestly, I meant no harm or ill feelings. Good debate, but they are taking it too far now. Peace!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

DrBoogieBone, need a tissue?  Didnt realize a basketball blog would get you all shook up. You're taking this way to seriously. Good thing you decided to retreat. Learned a lesson I hope.

If theres anything you should take away from this debate its that you sided and shared  similar opinions and thinking with Fierce, the BDC resident imbecile....which is evidence of your inability to process real facts and think objectively.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

DrBoogieBone, need a tissue?  Didnt realize a basketball blog would get you all shook up. You're taking this way to seriously. Good thing you decided to retreat. Learned a lesson I hope.

If theres anything you should take away from this debate its that you sided and shared  similar opinions and thinking with Fierce, the BDC resident imbecile....which is evidence of your inability to process real facts and think objectively.

Aww. someone is thinking about Fierce again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

After Doc has left there is not much other to hate on^^

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

After Doc has left there is not much other to hate on^^

HAHA, bull's eye!Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

This is the most hilarious thread I've read in quite some time.  Let's get one thing straight, Little Rondo is not even in the top 10 of league and maybe not even top 20!  ESPN just came out with their rankings of each posiiton and guess what?   Little Rondo nowhere to be found!  One of the biggest problems is RR can only make layups!  LMAO  He better be doing some of this when he comes back....

Shootbb

Seriously, can RR even make 10 in a row! Trx Smly120

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

josh smith got his max contract(no notable achievement so far)

so why not rondo? i think rondo is a max contract player

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

If Rondo comes back from the injury, no worse for the ware, of course he'll get a max deal next time around.  Wall isn't in Rondo's league, not even close.  Sure, a franchise like D.C. needs a guy to dump that kind of money on, so I'm not saying that if he gets it that means Rondo gets it.  But Rondo has earned it along the lines of his career in Boston.  

But forget Wall, because really, he's a Rondo wanna be.  Let's talk about Rose and Paul.  Neither one has been to a finals, let alone two. And don't give me that stink about Pierce and KG b/c they wouldn't have made it to the finals without Rondo either.  

In 2012 Rondo, single handed, brought his team 7 games against Miami in the conference finals.  Rose didn't come close to Rondo's performance against that same Heat team a year earlier in the conference finals.  Seriously, what is it that you Rondo haters can't see?!  Open your eyes for cripes sake!  And come to terms with your weird infatuation of hate against this guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

If Rondo comes back from the injury, no worse for the ware, of course he'll get a max deal next time around.  Wall isn't in Rondo's league, not even close.  Sure, a franchise like D.C. needs a guy to dump that kind of money on, so I'm not saying that if he gets it that means Rondo gets it.  But Rondo has earned it along the lines of his career in Boston.  

But forget Wall, because really, he's a Rondo wanna be.  Let's talk about Rose and Paul.  Neither one has been to a finals, let alone two. And don't give me that stink about Pierce and KG b/c they wouldn't have made it to the finals without Rondo either.  

In 2012 Rondo, single handed, brought his team 7 games against Miami in the conference finals.  Rose didn't come close to Rondo's performance against that same Heat team a year earlier in the conference finals.  Seriously, what is it that you Rondo haters can't see?!  Open your eyes for cripes sake!  And come to terms with your weird infatuation of hate against this guy.

Really??? Rondo won 3 games against the Heat all by himself??  Let me know when you come down to reality...

Also, go check your box scores for the games the Celtics won agasint the Heat and notice Rondos biggest stat games werent those...only the losses...

Now explain how important Rondo was when we lost the game in which his stats were the greatest..,..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Really??? Rondo won 3 games against the Heat all by himself??  Let me know when you come down to reality...

Also, go check your box scores for the games the Celtics won agasint the Heat and notice Rondos biggest stat games werent those...only the losses...

Now explain how important Rondo was when we lost the game in which his stats were the greatest..,..

you must know as well as i do that Rondo, down the stretch in game two, got raked across his head going to the bucket by Wade and got no call.  

We've gone through this argument so many times, I feel redundant.  but rondo has been the best player in playoff series against Lebron. Any body else done that? (Maybe Dirk, that's about it)

In 2010, no doubt about it.  In 2012, if Rondo got that call in game two, there wouldn't have been a game 6 for Lebron to do what he did.  Still, if Lebron didn't have his game 6, Rondo would have been the standout in that series as well.

Do you think Rondo is, or isn't, a force in the playoffs?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

you must know as well as i do that Rondo, down the stretch in game two, got raked across his head going to the bucket by Wade and got no call.  

We've gone through this argument so many times, I feel redundant.  but rondo has been the best player in playoff series against Lebron. Any body else done that? (Maybe Dirk, that's about it)

In 2010, no doubt about it.  In 2012, if Rondo got that call in game two, there wouldn't have been a game 6 for Lebron to do what he did.  Still, if Lebron didn't have his game 6, Rondo would have been the standout in that series as well.

Do you think Rondo is, or isn't, a force in the playoffs?

Look, its really not wise to measure a players greatness by a few playoff games or even a series.. that doesnt make a player great.  How did Green look for the Spurs the first 5 games againt the Heat in the finals this year...right, he was a superstar...but guess what, hes really not.. but what Green did was win games in which he played like a superstar, Rondo didnt

Isnt it odd so many point to that Heat series to praise Rondo... now think about Lebron or Durrant or Larry, MJ, Magic et al... theres no one series or handful of games that determine their greatness... its the body of work, the leadership over the test of time..

Rondo doesnt measure up to the word superstar or greatest anything...a handful of games cant change that, especially when his team lost

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

the Bulls series in 2009, almost averaged a triple double and they won.  The conferance finals against Orlando in 2010, he took over that series and they won, right after he was the best player in a series against LeBron's Cavs.  Rondo consistently brings it in the playoffs, which, is the most important time for a player to play at the highest level.

the comparison between Rondo and Green is silly, Green hit a lot of 3's and that's it.  If you compared Green to Ray Allen, that would also be silly, but much closer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

the Bulls series in 2009, almost averaged a triple double and they won.  The conferance finals against Orlando in 2010, he took over that series and they won, right after he was the best player in a series against LeBron's Cavs.  Rondo consistently brings it in the playoffs, which, is the most important time for a player to play at the highest level.

the comparison between Rondo and Green is silly, Green hit a lot of 3's and that's it.  If you compared Green to Ray Allen, that would also be silly, but much closer.

Having some great games or stat games scattered here and there dont get it done...

Bringing it in the playoffs means dogging it during the season.. maybe if Rondo put out like most his teammates do, the C's could have been a higher seed. last season they werent likely to make the playoffs with the diva leading them.. until he went down, then voila, a better team

Again, the biggest point youre missing.... is that Rondo having a great stat game(s) doesnt equate to victory oir greatness.. he hinders the team hogging the ball..sure he does better but the rest of the team suffers for it and usually loses... check the stats if youre so interested in the truth

Rondos been a celtic for 7 years or so... in 7 years and lets say 20 or so playoff series on a team loaded with HOFers, you list 3 series... now try that with Lebron, magic, MJ or any real star.....their name would come up in just about every series they played in..., not just 3

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Having some great games or stat games scattered here and there dont get it done...

Bringing it in the playoffs means dogging it during the season.. maybe if Rondo put out like most his teammates do, the C's could have been a higher seed. last season they werent likely to make the playoffs with the diva leading them.. until he went down, then voila, a better team

Again, the biggest point youre missing.... is that Rondo having a great stat game(s) doesnt equate to victory oir greatness.. he hinders the team hogging the ball..sure he does better but the rest of the team suffers for it and usually loses... check the stats if youre so interested in the truth

Rondos been a celtic for 7 years or so... in 7 years and lets say 20 or so playoff series on a team loaded with HOFers, you list 3 series... now try that with Lebron, magic, MJ or any real star.....their name would come up in just about every series they played in..., not just 3

Who ever said Rondo was as good as Lebron, magic or Mj?

All you do is follow fierce around and post things about Rondo that make it seem like you are in special ed.

Figure stuff out.

Sections
Shortcuts