The Great Point Guard (Rondo) Debate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ieatgreen. Show Ieatgreen's posts

Re: The Great Point Guard (Rondo) Debate

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

In response to CubanPete's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Like I said, only a moron or a hater would say something like Rondo is not even a top 10 PG in the NBA.

Here's my moronic, hate-filled response. After looking at PGs over the last 3 years on Basketball Reference, I have compiled a list, based on the combination of age and advanced stats, of 10 point guards I would take over Rajon Rondo (in no particular order).

Chris Paul

Kyrie Irving

Stephen Curry

Brandon Jennings

Jrue Holliday

Ty Lawson

John Wall

Tony Parker

Mike Conley

Derrick Rose

Thanks dude. Out of, I don't now, how many posts? You actually stuck to the topic. I appreciate that. Though... you must be hy, hie, HIGH!!!! Or you just don't like Rondo. Mike Conley? Ty Lawson? Brandon Jennings? Jrue Holiday? Hey, I respect  everyones opinion, but....wow dude. I'll let S. Curry pass because of all the hype he gets, though I don't see him being better (currently) either. Kid can shoot though. I do appreciate you sharing though. Thanks.

Look Rondho is a second tier pg.  Anybody home?   Just askiing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess people can do this all day...

Once again. Any player who's name is brought up in MVP talks among league experts, won a championship, and is a perenial allstar is not 2nd tier. When we took Miami to 7 games, he and Lebron were the best two in that series. Some might even say Rondo was the better of the two. That sound like a 2nd tier player to you? And, if I recall correctly, didn't Rondo play a game or two one-handed do to D. Wade's dirty play? Any player in this league that has the ability to take over games on numerous occasions in the post-season seemingly at will, is not 2nd tier. Try again, this time with FACTS please. All I hear are guesses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[/QUOTE]

Once again. Any player who's name is brought up in MVP talks among league experts, won a championship, and is a perenial allstar is not 2nd tier. When we took Miami to 7 games, he and Lebron were the best two in that series. Some might even say Rondo was the better of the two. That sound like a 2nd tier player to you? And, if I recall correctly, didn't Rondo play a game or two one-handed do to D. Wade's dirty play? Any player in this league that has the ability to take over games on numerous occasions in the post-season seemingly at will, is not 2nd tier. Try again, this time with FACTS please. All I hear are guesses.

[/QUOTE]

You are trying to be reasonable with a Lakers troll.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are probably 100's of players that won a championship that arent much better than Scal...thats not a criteria. Even if it was, Rondo was the weakest link on the starting 5 in 2008 that won the title. In fact, he spent lots of time on the bench in the finals due to his ineffectiveness. You really want to put a feather in his cap that he won a title? Funny

Also, if you want to rely upon "league experts" for your opinions then why bother posting at all? Just do a cut n paste of what they say and move on.

Finally, Rondo didnt play one handed in the series youre boasting about when the diva had one big stat game that the Celtics lost anyway. You're confused and incorrect... and if you bothered to examine that 7 game series you'd notice Rondos stats werent as mercurial as you think. In fact, seems the better his stats got, the more frequent the Celtics lost. Kinda makes a point about how once Rondo got injured last season the team took off on a winning streak.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[/QUOTE]

There are probably 100's of players that won a championship that arent much better than Scal...thats not a criteria. Even if it was, Rondo was the weakest link on the starting 5 in 2008 that won the title. In fact, he spent lots of time on the bench in the finals due to his ineffectiveness. You really want to put a feather in his cap that he won a title? Funny

Also, if you want to rely upon "league experts" for your opinions then why bother posting at all? Just do a cut n paste of what they say and move on.

Finally, Rondo didnt play one handed in the series youre boasting about when the diva had one big stat game that the Celtics lost anyway. You're confused and incorrect... and if you bothered to examine that 7 game series you'd notice Rondos stats werent as mercurial as you think. In fact, seems the better his stats got, the more frequent the Celtics lost. Kinda makes a point about how once Rondo got injured last season the team took off on a winning streak.

[/QUOTE]

It seems like everytime you see someone saying positive facts about Rondo, you're always there to argue. I guess everybody knows that you're a not exactly a Rondo fan but it doesn't change the fact - Rondo is one of the best pointguards in the game. And there are many facts to confirm this point of view.Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

It seems like everytime you see someone saying positive facts about Rondo, you're always there to argue. I guess everybody knows that you're a not exactly a Rondo fan but it doesn't change the fact - Rondo is one of the best pointguards in the game. And there are many facts to confirm this point of view.Cool

I suppose your just saying it should be good enough for everyone.

Here's a fact for you to explain. How does a team remove one of the best PGs in the game from its lineup, a topic of MVP consideration, a record setter....and instantly become a much better team?

Did that happen when KG went down? How about when Dirk went down or Kobe?? When DH went to the Lakers did the Magic become a much better team? When Rose went down, did the Bulls do alot better? When Westbrook got injured, how much better were the Thunder?

Enjoy

• You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Ieatgreen's comment:

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Like I said, only a moron or a hater would say something like Rondo is not even a top 10 PG in the NBA.

Here's my moronic, hate-filled response. After looking at PGs over the last 3 years on Basketball Reference, I have compiled a list, based on the combination of age and advanced stats, of 10 point guards I would take over Rajon Rondo (in no particular order).

Chris Paul

Kyrie Irving

Stephen Curry

Brandon Jennings

Jrue Holliday

Ty Lawson

John Wall

Tony Parker

Mike Conley

Derrick Rose

Thanks dude. Out of, I don't now, how many posts? You actually stuck to the topic. I appreciate that. Though... you must be hy, hie, HIGH!!!! Or you just don't like Rondo. Mike Conley? Ty Lawson? Brandon Jennings? Jrue Holiday? Hey, I respect  everyones opinion, but....wow dude. I'll let S. Curry pass because of all the hype he gets, though I don't see him being better (currently) either. Kid can shoot though. I do appreciate you sharing though. Thanks.

Seems to me that a first tier injured ASPG should still be bringing more in trade quotes  than Brandon Knight.

At this point in time, Rondo's trade value is way more like 3rd tier.

Who knows if it will improve over time as/if/when he recovers... but  current Rondo stock  is acting like  ENRON penny stock on Wall Street.

He doesn't fetch much buyer interest, beyond say.... a 3rd tier Brandon Knight type.... just like penny stock fetches.

A Blue chipper NBA ASPG on the trade market he has never been, even when healthy.

So whom do you believe?

The Rondonista's 1st tier perennial ASPG hype...  or the actual current "Wall Street" market forces?

Money talks... while BS walks.

Pud

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

test

Here's a fact for you to explain. How does a team remove one of the best PGs in the game from its lineup, a topic of MVP consideration, a record setter....and instantly become a much better team?

Did that happen when KG went down? How about when Dirk went down or Kobe?? When DH went to the Lakers did the Magic become a much better team? When Rose went down, did the Bulls do alot better? When Westbrook got injured, how much better were the Thunder?

Enjoy

• Instantly become a much better team? They were like what? 20-23? And finished 41-40! Wow! It doesn't mean that they became a much better team. 

Ok, here's a fact for you! After Kobe tore his Achilles tendon the Lakers went 2-0 to finish the regular season! That's 100%. Are the Lakers a much better team without Kobe?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Enjoy

Instantly become a much better team? They were like what? 20-23? And finished 41-40! Wow! It doesn't mean that they became a much better team. 

Ok, here's a fact for you! After Kobe tore his Achilles tendon the Lakers went 2-0 to finish the regular season! That's 100%. Are the Lakers a much better team without Kobe?

• Thanks for showing your true colors. For a minute I thought you were actually attempting to mount a sincere argument for your Rondo admiration and love.

Enjoy

Instantly become a much better team? They were like what? 20-23? And finished 41-40! Wow! It doesn't mean that they became a much better team. 

Thanks for showing your true colors. For a minute I thought you were actually attempting to mount a sincere argument for your Rondo admiration and love.

Can you just answer the question? Laughing

It's simple. The lakers were barely over .500 with Bryant and after his injury they are a 100% team.  Are the Lakers a much better team without Kobe? Or this question is too hard for you?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

All you have to do is mention Rondo and karl and Pud come running.

They think about Rondo when they are alone at night.

I promise that they do.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Enjoy

Thanks for showing your true colors. For a minute I thought you were actually attempting to mount a sincere argument for your Rondo admiration and love.

It's simple. The lakers were barely over .500 with Bryant and after his injury they are a 100% team.  Are the Lakers a much better team without Kobe? Or this question is too hard for you?

It's too hard for him.

he thinks anyone that makes fun of his semi-retarded thought process like Rondo.

This is because he is stupid.

Enjoy

Simply youve made a fool of yourself once again. The lakers went 2-4 after Kobe went down with the achilles. 2-0 finishing the regular season, then 0-4 in the playoffs.

Dont come back unless you get a little help.. too ez

Enjoy

Simply youve made a fool of yourself once again. The lakers went 2-4 after Kobe went down with the achilles. 2-0 finishing the regular season, then 0-4 in the playoffs.

The only fool here is you. 20-23, then 23-21, wow! What a dramatic improvement!Surprised I'm not the first poster who showed you what a fool you are.

And you still didn't answer. I guess it's too hard for your brain. Don't bother.

By the way how far did the Celtics go in playoffs? As i remember 2-4 in the 1st round without Rondo... But with Rondo they played 7th game of ECF in 2012. And in 2013 a much better team couldn't even get out of the 1st round... I wonder why?..Undecided

Enjoy

The only fool here is you. 20-23, then 23-21, wow! What a dramatic improvement!Surprised I'm not the first poster who showed you what a fool you are.

And you still didn't answer. I guess it's too hard for your brain. Don't bother.

By the way how far did the Celtics go in playoffs? As i remember 2-4 in the 1st round without Rondo... But with Rondo they played 7th game of ECF in 2012. And in 2013 a much better team couldn't even get out of the 1st round... I wonder why?..Undecided

The Celtics lost their all world starting PG and starting PF in Sully with nobody to replace either and still posted a winning record and a better record than when Rondo was ruining the team.

Spin away all you want. Still waiting for you to tell us what superstar went down and their team immediately went on a winning streak and posted a better overall record without them.  Of course, you'll be looking for more 2 game stretches (which you were humiliated over for being wrong there too) cause ur pea brain cant handle being slapped all around this thread and having to deal with the thought Rondo isnt nearly what you lovebirds wish he was.

Enjoy

The Celtics lost their all world starting PG and starting PF in Sully with nobody to replace either and still posted a winning record and a better record than when Rondo was ruining the team.

Spin away all you want. Still waiting for you to tell us what superstar went down and their team immediately went on a winning streak and posted a better overall record without them.  Of course, you'll be looking for more 2 game stretches (which you were humiliated over for being wrong there too) cause ur pea brain cant handle being slapped all around this thread and having to deal with the thought Rondo isnt nearly what you lovebirds wish he was.

I'm not spinning anything. I gave you an example of a team that went on a winning streak after losing their superstar. It doesn't mean anything, you have to look at bigger picture. The Celtics was 7-0 but still finished only like 23-21. That means they lost many games as well. They weren't a much better team without Rondo especially if we compare the playoffs.

I thought you're a reasonable person but you're either just plain dumb or a troll. Or both.

I should have followed the quote:"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I should have followed the quote:"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" 

Great idea..... you can start right now.

Pud

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

"How does a team remove one of the best PGs in the game from its lineup, a topic of MVP consideration, a record setter....and instantly become a much better team?" - Karllost

That is a complete exageration. There record (without Rondo) was only slightly better. Big deal, they went on a 7 game winning streak. They also did that with him in the lineup last season. And yes, they also did that without KG. In fact we won a playoff series without KG. Did we win one without Rondo? "much beter team" lol, 7 game winning streak doesn't mean a thing. Last season was crap. And you, of course, wanna blame it on Rondo. Everything is Rondo's fault.

"Finally, Rondo didnt play one handed in the series youre boasting about when the diva had one big stat game that the Celtics lost anyway. You're confused" - Karllost

I remember him playing at least 1 game one-handed after having D. Wade purposely land on him and dislocating his elbow (as I stated before). Again, you're exagerating what I said. I didn't say he played the series one-handed. It happened.

Karl... you're trying too hard dude. Give it up. I'm starting to think Rondo did the dirty with your girlfriend or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VizIxsEZkXw Looks like you are the one confused my friend.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Did that happen when KG went down? How about when Dirk went down or Kobe?? When DH went to the Lakers did the Magic become a much better team? When Rose went down, did the Bulls do 

God, I just dont get why you all are so committed to believing what you do about Romdo. What the hell have you been watching and hearing the last year? Dude is a Kook. Rondo isnt even a top 10 PH now and is presently on an 8-game losing streak, and he's on ACL rehab. Sounds pretty bad if you ask any normal person. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Did that happen when KG went down? How about when Dirk went down or Kobe?? When DH went to the Lakers did the Magic become a much better team? When Rose went down, did the Bulls do 

God, I just dont get why you all are so committed to believing what you do about Romdo. What the hell have you been watching and hearing the last year? Dude is a Kook. Rondo isnt even a top 10 PH now and is presently on an 8-game losing streak, and he's on ACL rehab. Sounds pretty bad if you ask any normal person. 

They're facts, not a belief. Do you know the difference between the two? Cause I'm really thinking nobody does. If you don't like him, that's fine. I can understand that. But this kids credendials and what I've seen with my own 2 eyes speaks volumes over anything I've heard here. He's a top 10 PG, PERIOD. He may not be to some. But to the consensus, he is. Get over it. His play goes beyond 1 year. They had a 7 game winning streak after he went out. They also had a 7 game winning streak with him playing last season. Their record was only SLIGHTLY better with him out. That's not telling enough for me. The entire team sucked last season. The players/analysts themselves were fielding questions about this very subject. They all shot the notion down. If you watched interviews both pre & postgame, you would know this. They talked abut it quite a bit.

They're facts, not a belief. Do you know the difference between the two? Cause I'm really thinking nobody does. If you don't like him, that's fine. I can understand that. But this kids credendials and what I've seen with my own 2 eyes speaks volumes over anything I've heard here. He's a top 10 PG, PERIOD. He may not be to some. But to the consensus, he is. Get over it. His play goes beyond 1 year. They had a 7 game winning streak after he went out. They also had a 7 game winning streak with him playing last season. Their record was only SLIGHTLY better with him out. That's not telling enough for me. The entire team sucked last season. The players/analysts themselves were fielding questions about this very subject. They all shot the notion down. If you watched interviews both pre & postgame, you would know this. They talked abut it quite a bit.

+1!

I don't understand why people are trying so hard to discredit a player and acting like their opinion is closer to the truth than any other's one. On the top of that they can't accept the real facts and distinguish it from the opinions.

• This post has been removed.

+1!

I don't understand why people are trying so hard to discredit a player and acting like their opinion is closer to the truth than any other's one. On the top of that they can't accept the real facts and distinguish it from the opinions.

Try to be negative, regardless of the topic or subject, and Karl will be your best friend.

But if you're going to be positive, basically about anything, Karl will be your worst enemy.

HAHAHA

Now i know why you're saying that Karl is lost Laughing

Is there some reason a TV commentator is your gold standard for opinions? Why do you even bother posting anything other than copy n pastes of TV commentators?

The real issue regarding Rondo is from people who have watched the majority of the games hes played and formed their own opinion, without the assistance of a TV commentator. Some of these opinions are much more negative then others.... yet here you are shooting them down because TV commentators disagree.

Rondo is not one of the premiere PGs in the NBA imo. In fact, its proven last season the team does better without him.... just think, the starting PG goes down, no other decent PG on the team to replace him...and the team improved markedly instantly....later the starting PF goes out....still the team finsihes with a better record. There are no other examples in the NBA I can recall where such an occurance took place. ITs noteworthy.

Now go ahead and tell me how Tim Legler said blah blah blah...

• Sections
    Shortcuts