The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.

In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.:
    In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun. : wow keep showing your extremely young age, low IQ and ignorance fool, you lost this big-time McHale was a far superior player to James Worthy. McHale was unfortunately done in by injuries.. if not, the C's woulda won in '87, but even so, the only reason the Lakers won more titles in the 80's was b/c the draft pick they were gifted (Worthy) lived and the likely better one the Celts were gifted (Bias) DIED. Just some of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen... you were just creamed by FACTS and STATS kid, your drive-by idiocy has real fans of the sport shaking their heads with pity and sadness you have been humiliated game over
    Posted by rameakap

If this, and If that. Now that is reaching for straws my friend. You should write a fiction book so that you can use all of your Ifs.  Here in the REAL World, the Lakers owned the 80's and Larry Bird is only mentioned in the same sentence with Kobe Bryant on Celtic blogs. You might want to go google something else now. Cool

Thanks again for playing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

well that argument winning was fun and easy, ignorance proven without a doubt now its time to put the child back on ignore so the intelligent fans of basketball can speak in peace without the screaming of the fool on the short bus ruining the forum
    Posted by rameakap

Apparently you cannot handle the truth my friend. Ask any knowledgeable person outside of Boston who they would rather have on their NBA team between Kobe and Larry? Get back with me after your assignment.

You lose AGAIN!

Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Magic and McHale should be on the list. Remove Pierce and Kome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Russell Magic Bird Kareem Hondo Kobe McHale Baylor Pierce West

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.":
    Bird beats Kobe in almost every category.....different positions but comparing two basketball superstars.... Kobe gets the nod in scoring avg...25.4 to 24.3....but Bird wins in FGP (.496 to .453)...3 Pt Shooting (.376 to .337)...and FTP (.886 to .838).....simply put...Kobe shot more... Bird is tops in RPG (10.0 to 5.3).....SPG (1.7 to 1.5).....APG (6.3 to 4.7).....BPG (0.8 to 0.5)..... Kobe wins the turnover battle (3.0 to 3.1)..... Statistics favor Bird....also Bird won 3 consecutive MVP's and was top 5 an additional 11 times.....Kobe won 1 MVP and was top 5 7 times Kobe has 5 titles to Bird's 3......but Bird was the Alpha Dog his entire career....Kobe played Robin to Shaq's Batman.... Bird all day long..... Posted by Duke4
    There was never really a doubt on this but if anyone ever doubted which was more valuable, you sure cleared it up!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

1.  Russell (greatest winner in the history of team sports)
    2.  Bird (slim margin over Magic; Larry made everyone on the team better)
    3.  Magic
    4.  Kareem
    5.  West
    6.  Baylor
    7.  Havlicek
    8.  Bryant (yes he is great but not in the same class as the top 6)
    9.  McHale
    10.  DJ (one of the most underrated players of all time)

Honorable mention (in no order):  Cousy, Chief, Cowens, Worthy, Cooper, Jo Jo White, Pierce, Byron Scott, and another hugely underrated old timer, Satch Sanders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Your probably right about Larry Bird I am getting a little senile, that's obvious, I forgot Magic Johnson . Can't believe I did that .

Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.:
    Anyone that puts Kobe over Bird is a moron
    Posted by rameakap

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

My new and improved all time Laker Celtic top ten. One point I would like to make. Bill Russell was so dominant, more than any other player in history. The man averaged 22 rebounds a game, not for a year , for his career. Back to the point. Russell made everyone around him look better, consequently some hall of Fame players owe their lofty achievements in large part to the fact that they played on Russell teams.

1. Russell 2. Jabbar 3. Bird 4. Magic 5. Shaq 6. Kobe 7. Hondo ( I would take Hondo as a player over Kobe anyday , but ) 8. Zeke from Cabin Creek aka Jerry West. 9. The Cuz ( most unbelievable dribbler in NBA history) 10. Elgin Baylor , where do you think MJ got his moves. Baylor had them all. Seen him triple teamed and he still scored.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun. : Apparently you cannot handle the truth my friend. Ask any knowledgeable person outside of Boston who they would rather have on their NBA team between Kobe and Larry? Get back with me after your assignment. You lose AGAIN!
    Posted by BynumizaHERO
    Well let me take that to a different place for you then, Magic Johnson IMHO is also somebody I'd rather have on my team than Kobe.

Magic and Larry were very unique players because they could on any night only shoot the ball 12 times and still be the best and most dominant player in the game. As great as MJ and Kobe were/are nobody will ever say that about them...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

No Magic?  Is this a joke?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

In Response to The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.:
    1. Bill Russell Celtics 2. Abdul Jabbar  Lakers 3. Kobe Bryant  Lakers 4. Larry Bird     Celtics 5. John Havilcek  Celtics 6. Jerry West   Lakers 7. Shaquille O'neill  Lakers 8. Bob Cousy  Celtics 9. Elgin Baylor Lakers 10. Paul Pierce Celtics The Celts and the Lakers have been the cream of the crop since foundation, I have left out George Mikan who I never saw play, and this may be a mistake , but I would like too see how the objective fans rate their favorite Celt laker combined top ten. Just for fun.
    Posted by aussiewill2

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

1.  Russell (greatest winner in the history of team sports) 2.  Bird (slim margin over Magic; Larry made everyone on the team better) 3.  Magic 4.  Kareem 5.  West 6.  Baylor 7.  Havlicek 8.  Bryant (yes he is great but not in the same class as the top 6) 9.  McHale 10.  DJ (one of the most underrated players of all time) Honorable mention (in no order):  Cousy, Chief, Cowens, Worthy, Cooper, Jo Jo White, Pierce, Byron Scott, and another hugely underrated old timer, Satch Sanders.
    Posted by phxvlsoxfan

I am not a Kobe fan I am sorry. I put him ahead of Bird and Magic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun. : Do even trolls understand that Kobe for the first three titles he won was a very small factor?  Kobe is from an era of overhype where players flashiness and lack of substance is overweighted in determining a player's greatness.  Jordan light is all he really is.  An immensely talented but selfish player. Larry Bird is the polar opposite, brilliant as a team player with equal individual skill to match.  I will always maintain that Bird and Magic were superior as players due to the renaissance period they played in.  Jordan being younger never competed with them when they were at their best.  After Jordan started winning Bird and Magic were gone and the league was no longer as balanced and full of talent.  If Magic and Bird had not played against each other head to head those eight titles would have gone to one or the other.  Not saying Jordan was not great but the league was not as good when he won his six.
    Posted by concord27

Concord - The Jordan era was by far the worse basketball myself and almost everyone I have ever spoken with about this would agree. Everyone wanted to be selfish just like Mike! So many think he was the best D player in his era, and he wasn't even the best D player on his own team.  Pippen was the better player, and no one played the passing lanes better, and he destroyed teams late in playoff games with 3 or 4 steals in the passing lanes in about 3 minutes and he destroyed the other teams rythmns completely and that was easily as valuable as MJ offense to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

You have to have Elgin Baylor on there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

1) Bill Russell - The reason why The Celtics are what they are.
    2) Magic Johnson - Greatest Laker ever.
    3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Kept going when others told him to quit after 1984. Also changed his game to win titles in 87 and 88.  
    4) Larry Bird - Should have won more titles, denied by injury and Magic. Greatest acomplishment NCAA run with Indiana State.
    5) James Worthy - Poety in motion. My favourite NBA player EVER. If I was emotional about this he'd be number one.
    6) Jerry West - Was the Lakers during a rough period of being so near but yet so far.
    7) Dave Cowans - Undersized and tough. Underated as well I think.
    8) Shaquille O'Neal - Bought us a three-peat. Most powerful centre in the game at that time.
    9) John Havlicek - Under the radar on a list like this. Top player and multiple NBA champion.
    10) Michael Cooper - Mr Defence. Underated and ought to have his number retired.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

welcome back sweetie.....we missed you.....!!!!!!
      B

Sections
Shortcuts