The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.

In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.:
    Bird beats Kobe in almost every category.....different positions but comparing two basketball superstars.... Kobe gets the nod in scoring avg...25.4 to 24.3....but Bird wins in FGP (.496 to .453)...3 Pt Shooting (.376 to .337)...and FTP (.886 to .838).....simply put...Kobe shot more... Bird is tops in RPG (10.0 to 5.3).....SPG (1.7 to 1.5).....APG (6.3 to 4.7).....BPG (0.8 to 0.5)..... Kobe wins the turnover battle (3.0 to 3.1)..... Statistics favor Bird....also Bird won 3 consecutive MVP's and was top 5 an additional 11 times.....Kobe won 1 MVP and was top 5 7 times Kobe has 5 titles to Bird's 3......but Bird was the Alpha Dog his entire career....Kobe played Robin to Shaq's Batman.... Bird all day long.....
    Posted by Duke4

that is how you win a debate!

Well no NBA experts would ever debate this, its a known fact

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I have vowed to not join the insanity.  And I will not engage in any baiting.  However, I find this thread interesting................so, I will list my top 15 by position, even though some may not belong to either BOS or LAL. 1st team all-time Magic MJ Bird Duncan Russell 2nd team all-time Big O Bryant Dr. J McHale Kareem 3rd team all-time Stockton (for now) West Worthy K. Malone Olajawon That's it - as you can see - mostly BOS or LAL anyway.....my apologies to Wilt, Pippen, Sam Jones, Elgin Baylor and Shaq!!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

your first team can not be doubted.  Not only because of who they were as individual players, but the chemistry between them would be something equivalent to a basketball game in heaven.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.:
    1. Bill Russell Celtics 2. Abdul Jabbar  Lakers 3. Kobe Bryant  Lakers 4. Larry Bird     Celtics 5. John Havilcek  Celtics 6. Jerry West   Lakers 7. Shaquille O'neill  Lakers 8. Bob Cousy  Celtics 9. Elgin Baylor Lakers 10. Paul Pierce Celtics The Celts and the Lakers have been the cream of the crop since foundation, I have left out George Mikan who I never saw play, and this may be a mistake , but I would like too see how the objective fans rate their favorite Celt laker combined top ten. Just for fun.
    Posted by aussiewill2

why is PP there with one ring?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Back to the Kobe over Bird debate.

I have heard tons of basketball analysts compare Kobe Bryant to Michael Jordan. As a matter of fact on ESPN today, there is another comparison between the two. Who is better, blah, blah, blah...

I never heard any comparison of Bird to Jordan because that is just ludicris. 

Enough said.

Thanks for playing!  Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Man what a clown Bynamite is, just pure teenage idiocy, I usually have him on ignore, but just had to sneak a peak t see if he was dumb enough to say Kobe is better than Bird, and sure enough this 15 year old took the bait

the stats and MVP awards already proved Bird to be a FAR superior player... but Bynumite, the clueless immature child, just like his favorite Laker, thinks people on tv comparing the best SG ever b/c Kobe is a guy who desperately wants to be like Jordan (but is the 2nd or 3rd best SG ever) is somehow proof that he is better than the best FORWARD ever??

ignorance at its best folks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Man what a clown Bynamite is, just pure teenage idiocy, I usually have him on ignore, but just had to sneak a peak t see if he was dumb enough to say Kobe is better than Bird, and sure enough this 15 year old took the bait the stats and MVP awards already proved Bird to be a FAR superior player... but Bynumite, the clueless immature child, just like his favorite Laker, thinks people on tv comparing the best SG ever b/c Kobe is a guy who desperately wants to be like Jordan (but is the 2nd or 3rd best SG ever) is somehow proof that he is better than the best FORWARD ever?? ignorance at its best folks
    Posted by rameakap

Bird could not even carry Kobe's jockstrap. Cool Bird played in a league where Kevin McHale was considered great. That should tell you something. The showtime Lakers owned that decade and Larry Bird.

Thanks again for playing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Just a google search ranking the greatest ever gives you this:

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-top-nba-players-of-all-time(Bird 4, Kobe 7)

That is the best site b/c it takes 117 other lists and gives you the average

I looked at like 20 other lists and only 1 of them had Kobe over Bird but several of them had Kobe outside the top 10, NONE had Bird outside the top 7

Thanks for playing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Also, the only recent player that has been compared to Bird is Dirk Nowitzky. Hmmmmm...... kind of embarassing if I'm a Celtic fan. Luckily for me, I am not. Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Just a google search ranking the greatest ever gives you this: http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-top-nba-players-of-all-time(Bird 4, Kobe 7) That is the best site b/c it takes 117 other lists and gives you the average I looked at like 20 other lists and only 1 of them had Kobe over Bird but several of them had Kobe outside the top 10, NONE had Bird outside the top 7 Thanks for playing
    Posted by rameakap

google... Enough said my friend, enough said.

LMAO!!!!

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun. : Bird could not even carry Kobe's jockstrap.  Bird played in a league where Kevin McHale was considered great. That should tell you something. The showtime Lakers owned that decade and Larry Bird. Thanks again for playing
    Posted by BynumizaHERO

wow keep showing your extremely young age, low IQ and ignorance fool, you lost this big-time

McHale was a far superior player to James Worthy. McHale was unfortunately done in by injuries.. if not, the C's woulda won in '87, but even so, the only reason the Lakers won more titles in the 80's was b/c the draft pick they were gifted (Worthy) lived and the likely better one the Celts were gifted (Bias) DIED.

Just some of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen... you were just creamed by FACTS and STATS kid, your drive-by idiocy has real fans of the sport shaking their heads with pity and sadness

you have been humiliated

game over

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Also, the only recent player that has been compared to Bird is Dirk Nowitzky. Hmmmmm...... kind of embarassing if I'm a Celtic fan. Luckily for me, I am not.
    Posted by BynumizaHERO

Bird is the best small forward EVER, Dirk and some experts think he can be considered 2nd, and he has an argument, when you consider Dr. J long held that distinction.

MJ is the best SG EVER, Kobe is likely the 2nd best

There is no point comparing MJ and Bird, they are both known to be tops at their positions, MJ 1-3 best ever and Bird 4-6 best ever.

Kobe might have snuck into the top 10 and Dirk the top 15 in recent years.

I don't know why I use facts, stats and reality to win arguments with a brainless child who lost them and humiliated himself the second he posted.

Truly pathetic and ignorant

Thanks for 'playing' back to the sandbox for Bynamite

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun. : wow keep showing your extremely young age, low IQ and ignorance fool, you lost this big-time McHale was a far superior player to James Worthy. McHale was unfortunately done in by injuries.. if not, the C's woulda won in '87, but even so, the only reason the Lakers won more titles in the 80's was b/c the draft pick they were gifted (Worthy) lived and the likely better one the Celts were gifted (Bias) DIED. Just some of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen... you were just creamed by FACTS and STATS kid, your drive-by idiocy has real fans of the sport shaking their heads with pity and sadness you have been humiliated game over
    Posted by rameakap

If this, and If that. Now that is reaching for straws my friend. You should write a fiction book so that you can use all of your Ifs.  Here in the REAL World, the Lakers owned the 80's and Larry Bird is only mentioned in the same sentence with Kobe Bryant on Celtic blogs. You might want to go google something else now. Cool

Thanks again for playing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and the shameful lies by a kid born in the 90's keep on coming

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

well that argument winning was fun and easy, ignorance proven without a doubt

now its time to put the child back on ignore so the intelligent fans of basketball can speak in peace without the screaming of the fool on the short bus ruining the forum

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

well that argument winning was fun and easy, ignorance proven without a doubt now its time to put the child back on ignore so the intelligent fans of basketball can speak in peace without the screaming of the fool on the short bus ruining the forum
    Posted by rameakap

Apparently you cannot handle the truth my friend. Ask any knowledgeable person outside of Boston who they would rather have on their NBA team between Kobe and Larry? Get back with me after your assignment.

You lose AGAIN!

Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Magic and McHale should be on the list. Remove Pierce and Kome.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Russell Magic Bird Kareem Hondo Kobe McHale Baylor Pierce West

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.":
    Bird beats Kobe in almost every category.....different positions but comparing two basketball superstars.... Kobe gets the nod in scoring avg...25.4 to 24.3....but Bird wins in FGP (.496 to .453)...3 Pt Shooting (.376 to .337)...and FTP (.886 to .838).....simply put...Kobe shot more... Bird is tops in RPG (10.0 to 5.3).....SPG (1.7 to 1.5).....APG (6.3 to 4.7).....BPG (0.8 to 0.5)..... Kobe wins the turnover battle (3.0 to 3.1)..... Statistics favor Bird....also Bird won 3 consecutive MVP's and was top 5 an additional 11 times.....Kobe won 1 MVP and was top 5 7 times Kobe has 5 titles to Bird's 3......but Bird was the Alpha Dog his entire career....Kobe played Robin to Shaq's Batman.... Bird all day long..... Posted by Duke4
    There was never really a doubt on this but if anyone ever doubted which was more valuable, you sure cleared it up!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

1.  Russell (greatest winner in the history of team sports)
    2.  Bird (slim margin over Magic; Larry made everyone on the team better)
    3.  Magic
    4.  Kareem
    5.  West
    6.  Baylor
    7.  Havlicek
    8.  Bryant (yes he is great but not in the same class as the top 6)
    9.  McHale
    10.  DJ (one of the most underrated players of all time)

Honorable mention (in no order):  Cousy, Chief, Cowens, Worthy, Cooper, Jo Jo White, Pierce, Byron Scott, and another hugely underrated old timer, Satch Sanders.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

1.  Russell (greatest winner in the history of team sports) 2.  Bird (slim margin over Magic; Larry made everyone on the team better) 3.  Magic 4.  Kareem 5.  West 6.  Baylor 7.  Havlicek 8.  Bryant (yes he is great but not in the same class as the top 6) 9.  McHale 10.  DJ (one of the most underrated players of all time) Honorable mention (in no order):  Cousy, Chief, Cowens, Worthy, Cooper, Jo Jo White, Pierce, Byron Scott, and another hugely underrated old timer, Satch Sanders.
    Posted by phxvlsoxfan

Interesting

Historically Magic and Bird are even, HIV and the sad back injury ended their careers early, both were well rounded players, I think Magic being a 6'9" PG who also got you 7 rebounds slightyl more impressive than Bird being a forward that got you 6 assists. Bird was the better shooter/scorer of course.

Yet Magic's 5 rings beat Bird's 3 to give him the slight edge... too bad McHale got hurt in '87 and Bias died or it woulda been reveresed but thats the breaks.

No way Baylor is over Kobe, as terrible a human being as Kobe is, his stats from the modern era equal Baylor's from the 50's/60's and Eldin never won a ring, Kobe has 5.

Of course Kobe isn't as good as Bird:-)

Cooz is superior to DJ, more rings, more years as a Celtic

I have no problem with Magic/Bird over Kareem

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Your probably right about Larry Bird I am getting a little senile, that's obvious, I forgot Magic Johnson . Can't believe I did that .

Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.:
    Anyone that puts Kobe over Bird is a moron
    Posted by rameakap

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

My new and improved all time Laker Celtic top ten. One point I would like to make. Bill Russell was so dominant, more than any other player in history. The man averaged 22 rebounds a game, not for a year , for his career. Back to the point. Russell made everyone around him look better, consequently some hall of Fame players owe their lofty achievements in large part to the fact that they played on Russell teams.

1. Russell 2. Jabbar 3. Bird 4. Magic 5. Shaq 6. Kobe 7. Hondo ( I would take Hondo as a player over Kobe anyday , but ) 8. Zeke from Cabin Creek aka Jerry West. 9. The Cuz ( most unbelievable dribbler in NBA history) 10. Elgin Baylor , where do you think MJ got his moves. Baylor had them all. Seen him triple teamed and he still scored.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun. : Apparently you cannot handle the truth my friend. Ask any knowledgeable person outside of Boston who they would rather have on their NBA team between Kobe and Larry? Get back with me after your assignment. You lose AGAIN!
    Posted by BynumizaHERO
    Well let me take that to a different place for you then, Magic Johnson IMHO is also somebody I'd rather have on my team than Kobe.

Magic and Larry were very unique players because they could on any night only shoot the ball 12 times and still be the best and most dominant player in the game. As great as MJ and Kobe were/are nobody will ever say that about them...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

No Magic?  Is this a joke?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

In Response to The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.:
    1. Bill Russell Celtics 2. Abdul Jabbar  Lakers 3. Kobe Bryant  Lakers 4. Larry Bird     Celtics 5. John Havilcek  Celtics 6. Jerry West   Lakers 7. Shaquille O'neill  Lakers 8. Bob Cousy  Celtics 9. Elgin Baylor Lakers 10. Paul Pierce Celtics The Celts and the Lakers have been the cream of the crop since foundation, I have left out George Mikan who I never saw play, and this may be a mistake , but I would like too see how the objective fans rate their favorite Celt laker combined top ten. Just for fun.
    Posted by aussiewill2

Sections
Shortcuts