The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.

In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.:
    [QUOTE]1.  Russell (greatest winner in the history of team sports) 2.  Bird (slim margin over Magic; Larry made everyone on the team better) 3.  Magic 4.  Kareem 5.  West 6.  Baylor 7.  Havlicek 8.  Bryant (yes he is great but not in the same class as the top 6) 9.  McHale 10.  DJ (one of the most underrated players of all time) Honorable mention (in no order):  Cousy, Chief, Cowens, Worthy, Cooper, Jo Jo White, Pierce, Byron Scott, and another hugely underrated old timer, Satch Sanders.
    Posted by phxvlsoxfan[/QUOTE]

I am not a Kobe fan I am sorry. I put him ahead of Bird and Magic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Greatest Celtic, Laker top ten team. Just for fun. : Do even trolls understand that Kobe for the first three titles he won was a very small factor?  Kobe is from an era of overhype where players flashiness and lack of substance is overweighted in determining a player's greatness.  Jordan light is all he really is.  An immensely talented but selfish player. Larry Bird is the polar opposite, brilliant as a team player with equal individual skill to match.  I will always maintain that Bird and Magic were superior as players due to the renaissance period they played in.  Jordan being younger never competed with them when they were at their best.  After Jordan started winning Bird and Magic were gone and the league was no longer as balanced and full of talent.  If Magic and Bird had not played against each other head to head those eight titles would have gone to one or the other.  Not saying Jordan was not great but the league was not as good when he won his six.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Concord - The Jordan era was by far the worse basketball myself and almost everyone I have ever spoken with about this would agree. Everyone wanted to be selfish just like Mike! So many think he was the best D player in his era, and he wasn't even the best D player on his own team.  Pippen was the better player, and no one played the passing lanes better, and he destroyed teams late in playoff games with 3 or 4 steals in the passing lanes in about 3 minutes and he destroyed the other teams rythmns completely and that was easily as valuable as MJ offense to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

You have to have Elgin Baylor on there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

1) Bill Russell - The reason why The Celtics are what they are.
    2) Magic Johnson - Greatest Laker ever.
    3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Kept going when others told him to quit after 1984. Also changed his game to win titles in 87 and 88.  
    4) Larry Bird - Should have won more titles, denied by injury and Magic. Greatest acomplishment NCAA run with Indiana State.
    5) James Worthy - Poety in motion. My favourite NBA player EVER. If I was emotional about this he'd be number one.
    6) Jerry West - Was the Lakers during a rough period of being so near but yet so far.
    7) Dave Cowans - Undersized and tough. Underated as well I think.
    8) Shaquille O'Neal - Bought us a three-peat. Most powerful centre in the game at that time.
    9) John Havlicek - Under the radar on a list like this. Top player and multiple NBA champion.
    10) Michael Cooper - Mr Defence. Underated and ought to have his number retired.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

welcome back sweetie.....we missed you.....!!!!!!
      B

Sections
Shortcuts