The guy C's need is asking to be traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: The guy C's need is asking to be traded

Jamal Crawford is a 10m per year guy, no way will the Celtics be able to give him that kind of money right now. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: The guy C's need is asking to be traded:
    [QUOTE]Jamal Crawford is a 10m per year guy, no way will the Celtics be able to give him that kind of money right now. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

not even via trade???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He would be a great addition to this team, but I am not sure how the Celtics could make this happen. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The guy C's need is asking to be traded : not even via trade???
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

Rondo for Crawford? Or Perk, Glen Davis, and Avery Bradley for Crawford? Those are the only players that the Celtics can trade for Crawford. You really think the Celtics will be a better team if they traded Rondo for Crawford? Or giving the Hawks Perk, Davis, and Bradley for Crawford will make the Celtics a better rebounding team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Crawford is a terrific offensive player as most of us know. However his defensive game is as bad as his offensive game is good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Crawford is in the last two years of a seven year 55 million dollar contract. That is eight million over seven years.  I don't know how it breaks down but he would be something if we could get him for Nate and say a first rounder.  I think we would win the championship with him off the bench. Of course I don't know the details interesting to think about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford is in the last two years of a seven year 55 million dollar contract. That is eight million over seven years.  I don't know how it breaks down but he would be something if we could get him for Nate and say a first rounder.  I think we would win the championship with him off the bench. Of course I don't know the details interesting to think about.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Crawford said he wants a contract similar to Manu Ginobili, there's no way the Celtics can afford that. Nate only makes 4m per year so Nate and a 1st round pick is totally not doable. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce, what about Nate and Perk that is over eight.  Am I right or just dreaming?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

No one wants hands of stone....next fantasy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce, what about Nate and Perk that is over eight.  Am I right or just dreaming?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You're right that Crawford will help the Celtics a lot. But I don't think the Celtics are willing to give Crawford the kind of money that he wants. And Nate can't be traded until after December 15, so Jamal Crawford ending up in Boston is highly unlikely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

IMO, the guy we needed was TA.  Can anyone make me feel better re: why he's not here?

Was it a minutes issue?  He didnt want to return because he didnt see enough minutes with Quis on the team?  He's well worth the money he got as a shut down perimeter defender / high energy guy off the bench.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, the guy we needed was TA.  Can anyone make me feel better re: why he's not here? Was it a minutes issue?  He didnt want to return because he didnt see enough minutes with Quis on the team?  He's well worth the money he got as a shut down perimeter defender / high energy guy off the bench.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Yup, it was about minutes. TA even said on record that in Boston he was overshadowed by Pierce and Ray Allen. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Why do you want to gut the Celts' young player roster for a one dimensional, suspension waiting to happen, no defense, lousy teammate, wanting to be grossly overpaid player like Crawford? Hasn't he been on like 5 teams in 10 years? Didn't he get run out of Golden State for some off the court issues? And you want to bring in this toxic liability when the Celts are gearing up for a final run with this group? Plus, trade away the few young players we do have for the 'privilege'?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Why do you want to gut the Celts' young player roster for a one dimensional, suspension waiting to happen, no defense, lousy teammate, wanting to be grossly overpaid player like Crawford? Hasn't he been on like 5 teams in 10 years? Didn't he get run out of Golden State for some off the court issues? And you want to bring in this toxic liability when the Celts are gearing up for a final run with this group? Plus, trade away the few young players we do have for the 'privilege'?
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan[/QUOTE]

I agree that trading away youth would be foolish.  We have players like him already.  All this talk about this and that player is just ridiculous.  If its not a 6'7 or 8'' player, then it shouldnt be any discussion.  PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts