The Heat have caught up with us

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Heat have caught up with us

Celtics and Heat have equal records.   The Heat as I watch them seem beatable but they are winning despite this.  I have noticed during games I watched Wade and Lebron are hitting threes at a high percentage.  I do not think this can continue considering neither has been a great three point shooter.  Watching them they do not scare me but there improving record does.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: The Heat have caught up with us

I think it really was only a matter of time before the Heat started playing better as a team and the Celtics' old legs and beat-up bodies caught up with them.  Perhaps a more appropriate way of putting it, rather than to say that the Heat have caught up, is to marvel at how long the Celts managed to stay ahead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Remember all those bad raps some of you describing the Heat?
    Fake - Fraud - heat ?

I said...it's a long season, they will adjust and they will look good and
       shinning on NBA Allstars!! They will be # 1 by All Stars.
    So, what now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Che,
    The Heat are an assembled team of selfish superstars unlike our big three who embody team play.  No I do not and did not expect them to be great.   I think they will hit a wall through injury or just a poor team ethic.  They have played well though and it concerns me.  You seem to be saying what?  They will beat us or we will beat them?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

The Heat needs superlative efforts EVERY NIGHT  from their Big 3 to beat mediocre to poor teams. Their weakness continues to be a lack of a bench and a hole in the middle. The maximum minutes LeBron and DWade and Bosh are playing now will be felt in May. A competitive race for best record, if the Cs get everyone back healthy and contributing, will be good for Boston. Strong starters, solid bench, manageable minutes = a great record and energy for the playoof run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"So, what now?" go get a Lebron jersey....you really seem to love those guys so why not sport their colors?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

All I know the Cs are 2 and 0 against them....without a full roster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

They're still behind one game in the loss column. The C's are on pace to win about 65 games this season and we've been hampered with injuries all season. I like the way things have gone thus far this season. Hopefully the injury bug will go away for the rest of the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cceltic8. Show cceltic8's posts

BINGO!!!!  Also notice that LeFake or Dwade have to drop 40 to win against average to subpar teams.  All this positioning does not mean jake. Come June it will be LA Fakers v. Beantown!!!!!

In Response to Re: The Heat have caught up with us:
    [QUOTE]All I know the Cs are 2 and 0 against them....without a full roster.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We are 28-8 and have not played one game with a full roster, yet.  Regardless, I do think we can improve, and I hope DA is looking at ALL possibilities, including trading BBD for someone who can give us more than 4 rebounds in 43 mins!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I'll bet our horses against their horses. We are the better team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

meh, it is a long season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

Looks more and more like it will be what everyone wants: The Lakers and Heat Finals. Kobe vs Lebron. It's what everyone was hoping for. Seems like it's always the Lakers vs somebody.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Troll have you read the posts under the thread we are all Celtic fans.  The standings are tightening up nobody is switching allegiances.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

they are young and good. of course they are going to win high amount of games. to win in play-offs, i say no. i still like our chances better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Can't take anything away from the Heat.  They are a great team but who didn't know that coming into the season.  With 2 of the 5 best players in the league and arguable 3 of the best 15, they were bound to do well.  They play great defense and a team that plays D is going to win a lot of games.  

BUT, there are a few things in their favor now that won't be in their favor come playoff time:

1. In their last 22 games, they've played 5 or 6 games against good teams (counting NY Knicks as a good team).  The rest were below .500 teams and non-playoff teams.

2. The Heat are healthy.  The Celts are not.  If its that way at the end of the season, Celts lose.  But, if the Celts are healthy, I CANNOT see the Heat beating them.

3. Heat are playing a run and gun game in the regular season.  They'll beat just about anyone at that game.  Unfortunately for them, in the playoffs, possessions are at a premium - everyone rebounds, and the game slows to a lot of half court.  The Heat weaknesses will then be more glaring.  Lebron and Wade will be incredible, but they'll see more zones and more double teams.  The clanger jump shots will matter more.   Wade and Bron will have the jump shots the most on their team and they shoot 31% and 36% from 3 point land.  Pierce and Ray will shoot our threes the most and they shoot 41% and 45% respectively.   This matters more in the playoffs when getting to the basket is more difficult.

I like the C's in a series with the Heat if we are healthy.  ONly thing that can stop us is the Refs Cool !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celts fans 4 life.
    You could not have said it better.  If healthy only the refs can stop us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Injuries aside, will be tough for any team to pull away. The reason being the NBA is now a league of HAVES and HAVE NOTS.

Youre either an elite team or garbage. So, every game for Boston, Miami, Orlando etc should be easy pickins until they play each other. Over the years more teams in the NBA were in the middle...capable of beating each other or good teams.

Now, you see long winning streaks by multiple teams and outrageously great records by more than just 2 teams.

You got the cream of the crop thats gonna crush the rest of the NBA... 7-8 elite teams and then garbage... hard to pull away when everyone has an easy schedule

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to The Heat have caught up with us:
    [QUOTE]Celtics and Heat have equal records.   The Heat as I watch them seem beatable but they are winning despite this.  I have noticed during games I watched Wade and Lebron are hitting threes at a high percentage.  I do not think this can continue considering neither has been a great three point shooter.  Watching them they do not scare me but there improving record does.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

There is not one player playing for the Heat who could not have "caught up with us", by any measurement there is nobody posting on this board that is as fast as any player for the Heat, so how could they have not caught up with us?

There is Doc and his staff, the medical staff, and 15 great athletes and none of that includes US.

The Cs may be the team we cheer for but we are not them and they are not US, therefore, Miami of course has caught up with US.

Are there any posters out there that think they could compete in a foot race with D Wade?  Of course they have caught up with US.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Che, The Heat are an assembled team of selfish superstars unlike our big three who embody team play.  No I do not and did not expect them to be great.   I think they will hit a wall through injury or just a poor team ethic.  They have played well though and it concerns me.  You seem to be saying what?  They will beat us or we will beat them?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    what is selfish about taking less money to play ball with your friends?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder once again are kidding?  Of course we know we are fans using the word us because we love the team and feel a part of it.  I read your mind bending stuff hoping to make sense out but I now think you are for some other reason.  Maybe you need help.  I just want to talk about MY team the Celtics. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]The Heat needs superlative efforts EVERY NIGHT  from their Big 3 to beat mediocre to poor teams. Their weakness continues to be a lack of a bench and a hole in the middle. The maximum minutes LeBron and DWade and Bosh are playing now will be felt in May. A competitive race for best record, if the Cs get everyone back healthy and contributing, will be good for Boston. Strong starters, solid bench, manageable minutes = a great record and energy for the playoof run.
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan[/QUOTE]
    no, they dont

they have blown quite a few teams out and did rather easily

and the minutes of the big 3 will go down when miller gets into playing shape and when haslem returns in late march/early april

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The C's thrive off competition. When the competition isn't in their face, they just cannot get up for the opponent, just can't!!

When it's all on the line and the C's focus big time.

Sections
Shortcuts