The Heat have great confidence, and we gave that to them."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The Heat have great confidence, and we gave that to them."

To me, this statement hits the nail on the proverbial heat. Little by litle, the Celtics have played right into their hands.

Are the heat yournger? Yes.
    Are the heat more athletics? Yes
    Have the heat forced the Celtics to play their game? Yes
    Are the heat on the verge of a sweep? Yes

Does this have to happen? NO.
    What is given, can be taken. Doc sez they have to play with force.
    I agree. Back in 84/85 i think, the lakers were similarly more athletic than the celtics.They were on the verge of blowing out the celtics. 
     But all of a sudden, the Celts played with force, and took it right to the Lakers.They drew the line. Guess what, the (superior )dlakers blinked, and the celts went on to win the title. This is a very similar situation. This is no time to be soft. Every play, has to be taken seriously. Expect the shot blocker to come, fake, and take the foul. Use their athletiscism against them.Play hard nosed defense, take it hard to the hole, creat some fouls, get some easy baskets, and build on that. Have to keep the game simple. I know it doesnt seem plausible at this point, but this team has all the tools to get it done!Do they want it? Its time to find out.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: The Heat have great confidence, and we gave that to them."

A valid point from fiercest34. You might respond that todays medical support is better but on the other side todays players (eg. KG) enter the nba much earlier. So the 2011 Cs are not only older but also have much more mileage on them.

But was worries me more, the Heat have not only outplayed the Cs. They also played smarter. That is the current problem.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If age was the problem, then they would'nt be here at this point either..They would not have swept the NY's...Im not saying its not a factor. Im saying that when they sweep another team, its because they are wiser..When they lose, its because they are old. Im saying they still have enough in the tank to get it done. But they must hold court at home. After that, its a three game series. The best case scenario is a 7 game series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ortiz, love your post and agree with it 100%.  

Sections
Shortcuts