The heat just got bucked up

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: The heat just got bucked up

sweet

A win over miami and only 1 other loss guarantees us the 2 seed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

2nd seed would be huge for us. Bucks gave us a gift tonight!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Interesting result. Would you think that if the Heat lose again in the next couple of games the Celtics may rest some players prior to the play offs?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Really it is all about where the Knicks and the 76'ers finish.  They are tied now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

In Response to Re: The heat just got bucked up:
    sweet A win over miami and only 1 other loss guarantees us the 2 seed
    Posted by rameakap

If we beat Miami, since we own the tiebreaker, we could go 2-2 in the other games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Interesting result. Would you think that if the Heat lose again in the next couple of games the Celtics may rest some players prior to the play offs?
    Posted by RUWorthy

Chicago looks out of reach. I doubt Doc cares whether we face NY or Philly. He will only go the total rest route if our position with concern to Miami and your team is locked. We need to make up two games on the Lakers to get home court against them, because you own the tiebreaker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Sweeeeet!  Thank you Bucks!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

we own 2 tie breakers against Miami Head to Head and conference

We split with LA so what is the tie breakers with a western conference team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Posted by RUWorthy

The Lakers on are the skids now. If they lose to the Warriors tonight, the C's and Lakers will be tied in the loss column. We don't want the Lakers having a better record just in case the C's meet them again in the finals.  Therefore the C's may have to play the season out with their starters, depending on the Lakers record the last few games. I hope that the Lakers keep losing so Ray and K.G can get a game off. If not, it will be great anyway to have a better record than the Lakers. Think about it. If the C's had homecourt advantage last year vs. the Lakers, #18 would be hanging in the rafters @ the Garden and I would have been able to change my blog name to mem18.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Yeah, the game against the Warriors is not looking good.  I suspect some of the boys may be hurting more than management is letting on.

I don't know if I'd give players time off if I was Rivers. I'd play them but only for perhaps 20 minutes? If they're rested entirely you could have some of the players coming back from injury playing too much and re-injuring themselves.

That's true home court played a part in last years finals. Shouldn't play that big a role with two veteran teams. But it's funny how those things work.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

we own 2 tie breakers against Miami Head to Head and conference We split with LA so what is the tie breakers with a western conference team.
    Posted by genaro008

I think LA has it over us no matter what due to records against the opposing conference.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

It looks like Golden State will hold on and beat the Lakers. Until Kobe went off in the fourth quarter, Gino Time was going to have some road work. Nice, I just reverse-jinxed Kobe who threw up a three air ball. All we need is to gain one more game on the Lakers, and if we meet in the Finals, we have home court. Laker fans were getting all arrogant thinking they could catch San Antonio, while they should have been taking care of business in regards to the Celtics.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Don't matter who Boston plays. They take care of biz they'll be fine. They don't take care of the Biz they'll lose anyway. Seed not important in my opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

If we beat the Heat in Miami, that will clinch it.

Only other concern is edging out the Lakers and Mavs... we're tied with the Lakers as of right now.. we split head2head but we have better conference & division records... but its too close for comfort.

Id feel better if we had HCA vs Lakers, just in case. Now that JON is back playong well, DWest is looking good and Shaq may actually be playing by the Miami game.. should give a big mental boost to the team.

Will Doc rest the starters regardless of HCA issues? Hard to say. He's always preaching limiting their minutes but still drives PP & Ray like they're sled dogs...MUSH, MUSH!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

1. Division winner
    2. Head-to-head record
    3. Record against teams in own division (if teams are in same division)
    4. Record against teams in own conference
    5. Record against playoff eligible teams in own conference 

above is tiebreaking format used last year. it's the same this year, right?

if celtics should be so fortunate as to play lakers in finals, doesn't Cs better record against own conference break the (potential) tied reg season W-L records and give Cs HCA against lakers?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I watched that game and early on it looked like the Heat were trying to lose.  I think the Knicks and Sixers are still battling for # 6.  It will be interesting down the stretch.  Miami only has like 4 more games, while we have 6 I think.  I believe teams are/should be lining up to try and play the sixers who are the weaker of the 2 between them and N.Y.  So with #6 still up for grabs, hard to shoot for the sixers.  I would just rest guys on the 2nd games of backs to backs.,.meaning, play everyone agains the Bulls and the Heat and sit guys the other games, let them rest up and chips fall where they may

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Lakers hold tiebreaker against Celtics

Jay King | March 23, 2011 at 3:00 pm | 4 Comments

As the playoffs come closer, scoreboard watching now makes sense. At the current time, the Boston Celtics (50-19) are in second place in the Eastern Conference, 1/2 game behind the Chicago Bulls (51-19). The Celtics are also third in the NBA, behind only the Bulls and the NBA-leading San Antonio Spurs (57-13), mere percentage points ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers (51-20).

A win over the Bulls in the teams’ final meeting (Thursday, April 7) would give the Celtics a 3-1 series advantage and clinch the tiebreaker should the two teams meet in the playoffs. But the Celtics have already lost the tiebreaker against the Lakers. (OC Register)

Because the Lakers split the regular-season series with both Chicago and Boston, the next tiebreaker for NBA Finals home-court advantage is each team’s record against the opposing conference.

The Lakers are done facing Eastern Conference teams and are 21-9 against them. The Celtics are 17-10 so far against the West, which means they can’t catch the Lakers. But the Bulls are 20-7 with three likely victories still left against West teams: vs. Memphis on Friday, at Minnesota on March 30 and vs. Phoenix on April 5.

If the Lakers and Bulls both finish with 21-9 records against the opposing conference, the next tiebreaker would be … a random drawing! Crazy.

If the Lakers tie with Miami, which is 2 1/2 games behind the Lakers, the Heat would have home-court advantage in that NBA Finals matchup as a result of winning both head-to-head games with the Lakers.

For the East-West tiebreaker to be relevant (and for the Lakers really to lament that three-game pre-All-Star skid in Orlando, Charlotte and Cleveland), the Lakers would obviously have to finish the regular season tied with Chicago or Boston. Both the Bulls and Celtics have relatively balanced remaining schedules with regard to home-road and winning-losing teams. The Lakers have a home-heavy schedule (seven of 11 remaining games) but face mostly winning teams (eight of 11 remaining games).

Sections
Shortcuts