The Heat Will Regret Not Signing Shaq....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: The Heat Will Regret Not Signing Shaq....

Yep great post!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Shaq was offered same deal by heat and turned it down b/c he burned bridges in the organization and didn't want to return

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: The Heat Will Regret Not Signing Shaq....:
    [QUOTE]Shaq was offered same deal by heat and turned it down b/c he burned bridges in the organization and didn't want to return
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound like he burned bridges if he turned down a offer from them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Just repeating the gossip, he didn't want to go from 'the man' there a few years ago to come crawling back at the vet minimum to ride LeBron and Wade's coattails yet again

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq's reasons for taking the minimum and even playing at all are confusing.  The motivation he has to beat Miami and L.A. is so obvious it is clearly understood. He wins number five and sticks it to the two teams he dislikes the most. This will be something we have to remind ourselves over the season as the Shaq experience will surely have its ebbs and flows.  But once the playoffs arrive Shaq will be a killer for the green team and barring injuries it should get us over the top this time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq's reasons for taking the minimum and even playing at all are confusing.  The motivation he has to beat Miami and L.A. is so obvious it is clearly understood. He wins number five and sticks it to the two teams he dislikes the most. This will be something we have to remind ourselves over the season as the Shaq experience will surely have its ebbs and flows.  But once the playoffs arrive Shaq will be a killer for the green team and barring injuries it should get us over the top this time.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

great post and exactly my feelings

Rest Shaq with 18 mins a game, hope he finds himself in his best shape since '06  and complete 100% health next spring

Then I can only imagine the fun if we we face Orlando-Miami and LA all in a row. Granted only LA really disrespected Shaq... but we'll need him badly vs Howard and he should be extremely motivated vs Mia/LA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

These posts are really funny. It will be a sad season for the once dominant big man. Yes, this is Shaq's effort to catch Kobe. He's that egotistical and arrogant. And now Boston has to deal with this albatross.

Poor defensive player throughout his career, is easily pic-&-rolled to death, never could rebound and horrific at the free throw line. Yes, he's a personality, with reporters lapping up his quotes and laughing up a storm but his inferior game can't be hidden. Father time hits us all and Shaq's days of being an effective baller are way past him.

And he'll be a bad locker room presence. Those posting that the Heat wanted to sign Shaq are delusional. They wanted nothing to do with his poisonous personality. And Boston fans will quickly witness Shaq's serious shortcomings and lay into him. It could get really ugly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]These posts are really funny. It will be a sad season for the once dominant big man. Yes, this is Shaq's effort to catch Kobe. He's that egotistical and arrogant. And now Boston has to deal with this albatross. Poor defensive player throughout his career, is easily pic-&-rolled to death, never could rebound and horrific at the free throw line. Yes, he's a personality, with reporters lapping up his quotes and laughing up a storm but his inferior game can't be hidden. Father time hits us all and Shaq's days of being an effective baller are way past him. And he'll be a bad locker room presence. Those posting that the Heat wanted to sign Shaq are delusional. They wanted nothing to do with his poisonous personality. And Boston fans will quickly witness Shaq's serious shortcomings and lay into him. It could get really ugly.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahaahaha

got the FT part right

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from qianxue. Show qianxue's posts

I can't wait until Miami comes to town,the same to you
     www.america-jerseys.com

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Shaqy signed with the Celtics to spoil the three brats....KOBE-LEBRON-WADE.

I didn't like this signing but
         I can hope "motivation" is the only reason why he signed.

He was overweight when playing with the Cavs, however if his old body
        can't take the beating I will give his brain the benefit of the doubt.
    Sex works that way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

i will take our bench any day over the rest of the league.  and that is important.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Shaq will be coming off the bench and taking  other teams bigs to school.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]These posts are really funny. It will be a sad season for the once dominant big man. Yes, this is Shaq's effort to catch Kobe. He's that egotistical and arrogant. And now Boston has to deal with this albatross. Poor defensive player throughout his career, is easily pic-&-rolled to death, never could rebound and horrific at the free throw line. Yes, he's a personality, with reporters lapping up his quotes and laughing up a storm but his inferior game can't be hidden. Father time hits us all and Shaq's days of being an effective baller are way past him. And he'll be a bad locker room presence. Those posting that the Heat wanted to sign Shaq are delusional. They wanted nothing to do with his poisonous personality. And Boston fans will quickly witness Shaq's serious shortcomings and lay into him. It could get really ugly.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

-

Some of these posts are really shortsighted and borderline obsessively/negative for whatever agenda some posters are pushing.

Every organization has it's own culture and there is no culture like the Boston Celtic culture.  The Celtics have a way of taking a player in and changing his mindset in a way that is good both for the player and for the team.

Count me among those who believe Shaq will flourish with the C's and be a royal pain for the Cheat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Shaq will really help if used by Doc in the most beneficial way! ..we can only speculate.  He will! be motivated.. but where the mind knows the body maybe doesn't..You are right Che.

JON might help more!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Just repeating the gossip, he didn't want to go from 'the man' there a few years ago to come crawling back at the vet minimum to ride LeBron and Wade's coattails yet again
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

i bet the real truth went a little like this- shack was probably more than ticked that lebron quit on the CLE team last year vs. the C's like he did.  i would never want to play with a prima donna like that again.  and for all the hype mongering and soft shoe dancing shack does to get attention, i think even lebron's narcisissm made shack ill.  just my take on it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Lakers v Heat on Christmas Day. No Snaquille. Somehow I dont think the Heat give a dam about the big green pickle as they are on a collision course with the back to back World Champion Lakers in the Finals.

The NBA knows as does America, Christmas Day is a preview of what will occur in June 11.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Our starters of JO, KG(healthier hopefully), PP, Ray & Rondo is very solid

Shaq, Baby, Quis, Nate & (need shooter).. decent second team

add to that possibly Perk & Sheed

We're going to be a tough out but I think we need a shooter who can get out on the break. Can Wafer fill the role?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

My only hope is that Shaq doesn't bring the clown circus with him. The C's seem to be a very serious team and I can understand keeping things light but I think some of Sheed's lackadasical attitude rubbed off on some guys and I hope Shaq comes ready, in shape and serious about winning a title.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the heat wanted nothing to do with shaq and found more than capable big men answers in big Z, joel anthony, pittman, haslem, and magloire

the rest of the league should be busy figuring out how to stop wade, lebron and bosh...and good luck with that

GO HEAT!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

With all things being equal right now, I think our 2nd unit is very storng. We've got Nate who's a scorer and Shaq who provides inside presence and scoring with BBD getting his hustle points as well. This is much better than last year's 2nd unit. You throw Wafer in there and the 2nd team can get points.

Remember Doc rarely takes out all 4 starters to begin with anyway so I don't think we'll see the scoring droughts like we saw last year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]With all things being equal right now, I think our 2nd unit is very storng. We've got Nate who's a scorer and Shaq who provides inside presence and scoring with BBD getting his hustle points as well. This is much better than last year's 2nd unit. You throw Wafer in there and the 2nd team can get points. Remember Doc rarely takes out all 4 starters to begin with anyway so I don't think we'll see the scoring droughts like we saw last year.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    i agree that the C's have a strong bench but during the course of the regular season...some of the big 5 will be hurt and/or resting more...which will lead to droughts at times

IMO, i dont think alot of people are giving enough credit to the players of joel anthony, big Z, magloire and haslem who will asked to be defenders and rebounders and basically get garbage buckets while the big 3 and miller and house are dropping the points...plus lebron and wade are both plus defenders and plus rebounders...i know im a bias, long time heat fan(going back to the seikaly, grant, rice days) but this team is going to kicking alot of butt this year...alot

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kensfarvox. Show kensfarvox's posts

If the Chief likes it, this shouldn't even be a topic anymore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Not only the Heat, but the Lakers will regret not signing Shaq. I've copied & pasted some of my comments below from another post Re: Shaq .  I think that the class thing for the Lakers to have done was to take him back for a year or two & let him retire where he won 3 championships & was MVP in all of them. We know he and Kobe were not close but they bit their tongues & cooperated sufficiently to play well enough to win 3 rings. There were some comments that he might not fit in with our guys. IF HE GOT ALONG WITH KOBE , he can get along with anybody & everybody. And, you know, with all their big guys Shaq wouldn't have needed play more that 20 min. I think the fans would have liked it too. Also, I don't believe Shaq's # has been retired among all the Laker greats & this would have given him a definite opportunity to have had it done. Kobe did comment he had one more ring than Shaq. Even Kobe is smart enough to calculate that if they got another ring(s) together, he'd still be ahead of Shaq by one. Maybe he'd be worried Shaq would get another MVP as if Kobe had just 1 of the 3 that Shaq got, he'd be tied for MVPs with Michael Jordan. And, again, Kobe should be but I don't know for sure fairly confident that Shaq would not get another MVP at his age. But, I reiterate, that would have been the class thing to do...a bit too much to ask of LA !!!

Regarding Shaq being too old & not in shape. We've got 3 other old-well, considered old by NBA standards-who brought us with a few minutes of being world champs. He's lost weight and got in pretty good shape I've read. And, he's motivated & indicated he wanted to come with us. Motivation is a key element to winning in sports. I use the analogy of a management course when asked if mgmt. wanted someone who was willing or able. They said that willing was more important because the ableness can be conditioned-the ableness to play as a team.  But if someone ain't willing, it doesn't matter how competent (able) they are. Here's another key I feel. Shaq has played on 2 teams with 2 "Prima Donnas", Kobe & LeBron. He was the next best player & expected to perform accordingly-actually with LA winning MVP in 3 championships it was debatable he was the 2nd best player & maybe only Kobe felt so. He is coming to a team that had 3 All Stars who were the best on their previous teams who left their egos, desire to be leading scorers & consented to play together as a team and won in 2008. Why they didn't in 2010  is discussed in detail in the "Tainted Title" post and I have offered my opinion in many posts why we were denied this. So, Shaq, for the 1st time is coming to a unit that wants to win as a team & he needn't be a star but just contribute as the others to synergy(sum of the parts equal more than the whole).

I believe he'll fit in nicely to contribute to a winning team effort and because LA will probably win the West & probably have best record as they won't have the competition we will have, we might have to beat them in a deciding game in Tinsel Town & won't it be nice for Shaq to get his tying ring with Kobe in LA and, hopefully, his passing Kobe & retiring ring the following year. Hopefully, we'll be sufficiently ahead in points(13 wasn't enough in 2010) where even the refs can't award enough gift foul shots to overcome us(Ha !).

Onward & upwards to the Over-The -Hill-GREEN Gang !!!      I can't wait !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Snacquille is more interested in finding his local donut outlet, pretending he cares about winning and being relevant with a franchise that has 1 title in 24 years. Even Miami can boast that, oh yeah Snacquille was 6 years younger and only the 2nd best player (at best) then lol.

Sections
Shortcuts