The Homecoming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

The Homecoming

So wow what a waste of 3 hours watching the Cavs n Heat game... I never thought they'd get blown out that bad... and whats up with the Cavs bench chattin it up with LBJ... KG, Shaq, Perk would've never let that happen ... they made the city of cleveland look even worse

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Re: The Homecoming

In Response to The Homecoming:
    [QUOTE]So wow what a waste of 3 hours watching the Cavs n Heat game... I never thought they'd get blown out that bad... and whats up with the Cavs bench chattin it up with LBJ... KG, Shaq, Perk would've never let that happen ... they made the city of cleveland look even worse
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

That's why the Cavs couldn't get into the Finals even if they had the best record the previous 2 seasons. lol 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Very disappointing effort by Cleveland last night.  I really thought with the support of the crowd and the constant booing, that the game would have been much closer. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball4life93. Show baseball4life93's posts

if i was a cleveland fan... id be very VERY dissapointed with the cavs... but im not so I DONT CARE. except the fact that i hate the  heat and LBJ

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

The homecoming game, including Andy V.'s own matador defense, allowed civic pride and "fan support" to take a bit hit. The Cav players, who the fans have made multi-millionaires, clearly decided to play "All Star Game Defense" in order to support their "player unity with James". Where was Andy V's hatcheting that he freely uses when he attempts to play defense against KG, Shaq, and Paul. James was given a free lane to the basket and rarely had a double team or a hand in his face on his open jump shots. Clearly a disgusting show by the Cavs players when one competitive game may have simply put the James jumping ship issue behind them. If Gilbert does bust up this group Byron is better off sending his resume to Jerry and make and effort to get the Lakers' position away from Brian Shaw when Jackson leaves.

No wonder many fans, Celtics and Lakers fans aside, are switching their loyalties to college basketball.

Shameful display by the Cavs players. One has to have empathy for the Cavs fans, even though the hate our beloved Celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

In Response to Re: The Homecoming:
    [QUOTE]The homecoming game, including Andy V.'s own matador defense, allowed civic pride and "fan support" to take a bit hit. The Cav players, who the fans have made multi-millionaires, clearly decided to play "All Star Game Defense" in order to support their "player unity with James". Where was Andy V's hatcheting that he freely uses when he attempts to play defense against KG, Shaq, and Paul. James was given a free lane to the basket and rarely had a double team or a hand in his face on his open jump shots. Clearly a disgusting show by the Cavs players when one competitive game may have simply put the James jumping ship issue behind them. If Gilbert does bust up this group Byron is better off sending his resume to Jerry and make and effort to get the Lakers' position away from Brian Shaw when Jackson leaves. No wonder many fans, Celtics and Lakers fans aside, are switching their loyalties to college basketball. Shameful display by the Cavs players. One has to have empathy for the Cavs fans, even though the hate our beloved Celtics.
    Posted by CeltsSox[/QUOTE]

I don't know what happened near the Cavs' bench last night....  Barkley and USA Today are reporting that the Cavs players were yukking it up with James....  CNN's Rosenberg is reporting that Andy V. tore off LBJ's headband when he would not stop jawing at the bench, and Cavs Assistant Coach Paul Presey told LBJ to "Shut the F*** Up"!  I believe it was Gibson who was friendly; Mo certainly was not....  Anyway, LeBron showed his incredible athletic ability last night, and the Cavs showed that they are a sub-.500 team that needs rebuilding.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Homecoming : I don't know what happened near the Cavs' bench last night....  Barkley and USA Today are reporting that the Cavs players were yukking it up with James....  CNN's Rosenberg is reporting that Andy V. tore off LBJ's headband when he would not stop jawing at the bench, and Cavs Assistant Coach Paul Presey told LBJ to "Shut the F*** Up"!  I believe it was Gibson who was friendly; Mo certainly was not....  Anyway, LeBron showed his incredible athletic ability last night, and the Cavs showed that they are a sub-.500 team that needs rebuilding.... 
    Posted by Indiansbacker[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about LeBron's atheletic ability, however if you look at the replays and/or watched the game, the Cav players did not protect the paint and/or put out much of an attempt to guard LeBron. There was one play in particular with Andy V. was a foot away from LeBron on a reverse layup where Andy V. simply backed away. Had that been Paul Pierce, you can bet Paul would have wound up in the stands. Can't help but feel bad for the fans of Cleveland fans that love their teams. Not everyone can live in South Beach or CA. Nor can every professional ball player play in Florida or CA. Therefore, if these guys can earn millions by representing good cities like Cleveland that deserve to represented in the proper manner, it seems to me that the guys collecting the pay checks from the fans could put up the same fight as they do against the Celtics, the Lakers and the Bulls. The City was not represented well last night to the point the guys playing "all star game defense" should donate last night's checks to the folks in Cleveland whose homes and jobs are in jeopardy. I'm certainly not a Cleveland sports team fan, however that game was difficult to watch, particularly with the swagger that LeBron decided to throw in the face of the fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The Cavs really did kiss the King's ring last night. No hard fouls just a lay down effort. The Cavs effort really let down their fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]The Cavs really did kiss the King's ring last night. No hard fouls just a lay down effort. The Cavs effort really let down their fans.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Well said B.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Cav's had played harder against the Celtics, i was very disappointed with their lack of hard fouls every time James went to the basket. they just laid down for the king and his merry men. as i posted in a thread on Celtics around the NBA, the Celtics must have let the Cav's win opening night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

P, I'm probably being repetitive in my comments, however us devoted Celtics fans should not forget that James decided to insult Bill Russell when he proclaimed he was switching numbers from 23 to 6, since Michael's number should be retired. If it were not for what Russ did for the NBA, not to mention to support equal protection for all races, like Kurt Warner was doing when he was a stock clerk for a grocery store before the Rams accidentally gave him an opportunity, my bet is James may be in the same boat as so many Americans and Ohio folks who are battling to keep their homes. That's why I have so much respect for Paul Pierce, an avid Laker fan as a kid (boo), admittedly matured enough to stay loyal to us Bostonians willing to forgive him for his past mistakes. James stepped on the loyalty of a City and state that needed him to stay loyal at a time of economic need. Can't fault the Heat fans for their joy, although I do hope Pat Riley gets exposed for what he is not, however its great that the majority of the NBA fans support the fans of Cleveland. Although, I wish they would go easier on our boys in Green.

The matador defense last night was clearly a replication of the respectful matador defense the all stars use in order to allow the players to showcase their offense talents. No more, no less.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Cavs really let the city of Cleveland down last night.  They are a untalented gutless group of young moronic players.  You could see the veterans like Parker and Williams embarrassed by their lack of heart last night. LBJ is a frontrunner supreme and he took the big step last night.  Let's see if they can beat a good and motivated team one in these nights.   They won against a team that let them win last night.  I feel bad for the city of Cleveland. Bron should have had a beat down like the Celtics provided on opening night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

loved each and every second of that game...was laughing pretty hard through most of it

how does that taste mr gilbert?

LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I don't think anyone expected the Cavs to win or competitive last night.
    ....but they were all happy & sent Lequit the message. More than enough.

I think this is the most important...being a Cavs fans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If I was a Cav's fan, I'd be feeling alienated right now.  It seemed like the Cav's were in attack mode for all of 6 minutes of the 1st quarter.  Expected a littleness chippyness out of them when they got down by more than 20, but I guess they thought chatting it up with James was more appropriate.  That sorta of lay down and talk attitude doesn't exactly make for high drama on the court.  Maybe next time these two teams tangle, they could replace the two benches with one big sofa and get Oprah Winfrey to do the commentating.
    The NBA - where competition withers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]loved each and every second of that game...was laughing pretty hard through most of it how does that taste mr gilbert? LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]
    First, I strongly disliked part of Dan Gilbert's remarks after Lebron left.  Second, if the Celtics meet the Heat in the playoffs you'll find out just how weak the Heat are around the basket.  The Heat bench is nothing to get excited about either.  I give your team an A-.  Presently, not good enough to win the championship.  Third, I did not expect the Cavs to beat the Heat.  Yes, the team could have played much better.  I admit I was hoping for an upset.  However, the fans did their job.  They booed loudly, somebody who did something wrong.  Now I hope Cavs' fans just move on and look forward to seeing the team get rebuilt.  Fourth, even if the Cavs had a good team, I would still root for the Celtics as my next team.     

GO CAVS!
         GO CELTICS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think anyone expected the Cavs to win or competitive last night. ....but they were all happy & sent Lequit the message. More than enough. I think this is the most important...being a Cavs fans.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]
    Thank you very much.  Very nice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]If I was a Cav's fan, I'd be feeling alienated right now.  It seemed like the Cav's were in attack mode for all of 6 minutes of the 1st quarter.  Expected a littleness chippyness out of them when they got down by more than 20, but I guess they thought chatting it up with James was more appropriate.  That sorta of lay down and talk attitude doesn't exactly make for high drama on the court.  Maybe next time these two teams tangle, they could replace the two benches with one big sofa and get Oprah Winfrey to do the commentating. The NBA - where competition withers
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]
    Great post!  LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Homecoming : riiiiiiiiiiight...because you dont gloat at all mr. perfect right? and the regular season doesnt mean anything...it was just a win last night but that doesnt mean that i couldnt enjoy it after all the dumb stuff that has been said about the heat by the media and on this board by the way, since im sure you didnt notice...this thread has nothing to do with celtics...so unless you wish to continue with your obsession with me, just stop responding later bub

I shall do as I please.  I suggest you stop responding to me!!

Here's the difference between Indiansbacker, cavaliersfan, and you:

They predicted their team would win last night.  They didn't.  THEY are here today, expressing their extreme displeasure with the way their team played.  The only one gloating is you!!

Before the Celtics dismantled the Heat on opening night, you predicted a 14 point win for the Heat, they would be resting their starters........etc.  When YOU lost, you didn't show up for two days.  And THEN, instead of expressing your extreme displeasure with your teams play, you said, "we will win the next one."  That didn't happen, either.

In my own personal opinion, you have a great deal of nerve being on here today and gloating.  You have no class at all, who are you to gloat, when you can't face the fact that we beat you twice?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]The Cavs really let the city of Cleveland down last night.  They are a untalented gutless group of young moronic players.  You could see the veterans like Parker and Williams embarrassed by their lack of heart last night. LBJ is a frontrunner supreme and he took the big step last night.  Let's see if they can beat a good and motivated team one in these nights.   They won against a team that let them win last night.  I feel bad for the city of Cleveland. Bron should have had a beat down like the Celtics provided on opening night.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Heat has only one win this year against an above-.500 team.  I hope Boston kicks their butts for all of us "have-nots" in the NBA whom Miami has been feasting on so far around the league.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    What a lame game on Cavs part! IMO, it was shameful. Gibson chatting with Lebron, AV couldn't put a hand into the face of Bosh, etc, etc. The only guy who kind of tried to fight was Graham.
    Bias, I have to disagree with your statement: the so called "king" does not have a ring. Therefore what the Cavs kissed was his lower back part.

But, as always, lets look on the bright side. The real winner of the game was TNT: the rating was, probably, on par with a playoffs game.
    The second positive was that even such team as Cavs with such horrible performance revealed Heat's glaring holes.

AK

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Homecoming : First, I strongly disliked part of Dan Gilbert's remarks after Lebron left.  Second, if the Celtics meet the Heat in the playoffs you'll find out just how weak the Heat are around the basket.  The Heat bench is nothing to get excited about either.  I give your team an A-.  Presently, not good enough to win the championship.  Third, I did not expect the Cavs to beat the Heat.  Yes, the team could have played much better.  However, the fans did their job.  They booed loudly somebody who did something wrong.  Now I hope Cavs' fans just move on and look forward to seeing the team get rebuilt.  Fourth, even if the Cavs had a good team, I would still root for the Celtics as my next team.                              GO CAVS!      GO CELTICS!               
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]
    A. the heat will be getting back mike miller next month and haslem in april...that makes the bench much better than it is currently...but its still better than 90% of other NBA team's benches
    B. so far the heat have played great defense...its among the tops in the league...this is what they said they would do in the offseason...work on the D and let the offense come during the course of the long regular season...which is what is happening
    C. they are good enough to win to the title this year...they just have to continue to gel and stay somewhat healthy
    D. regarding the cleveland fans...maybe if they were as loud last night as they should have been in the playoffs...maybe things would have worked out differently...but this was your superbowl game and the cavs didnt even show up...it was an embarrassing effort from them...but thats what a really good defense can do a team...make them look embarrassing
    E. hey, i still like the cavs...i hope they do well the rest of the year...ive always had a soft spot for your city ever since i saw the movie "major league"...so good luck to you

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Homecoming : A. the heat will be getting back mike miller next month and haslem in april...that makes the bench much better than it is currently...but its still better than 90% of other NBA team's benches B. so far the heat have played great defense...its among the tops in the league...this is what they said they would do in the offseason...work on the D and let the offense come during the course of the long regular season...which is what is happening C. they are good enough to win to the title this year...they just have to continue to gel and stay somewhat healthy D. regarding the cleveland fans...maybe if they were as loud last night as they should have been in the playoffs...maybe things would have worked out differently...but this was your superbowl game and the cavs didnt even show up...it was an embarrassing effort from them...but thats what a really good defense can do a team...make them look embarrassing E. hey, i still like the cavs...i hope they do well the rest of the year...ive always had a soft spot for your city ever since i saw the movie "major league"...so good luck to you

How many teams with winning records have the Heat beaten with their top notch defense?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]The Cavs really did kiss the King's ring last night. No hard fouls just a lay down effort. The Cavs effort really let down their fans.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

What ring????

How many teams with winning records have the Heat beaten with their top notch defense?

1!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Homecoming : What ring???? How many teams with winning records have the Heat beaten with their top notch defense? 1!!!
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]
    Ooops.  The emperor has no clothes

Sections
Shortcuts