The impact of Big Baby...in Orlando

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

The impact of Big Baby...in Orlando

I read with some humour that after a discussion with Big Baby, D12 is considering staying in Orlando.  I wonder what Big Baby said. 

Maybe Orlando tries to enter the Chris Paul sweepstakes, or the D Will sweepstakes.  I think he does leave Orlando but the soap opera continues.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7345415/dwight-howard-rethinking-demand-trade-orlando-magic

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: The impact of Big Baby...in Orlando

DH is a liar. He thinks and wants to go to the Lakers. All I want is the Lakers to pay as high a price as possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: The impact of Big Baby...in Orlando:
    [QUOTE]DH is a liar. He thinks and wants to go to the Lakers. All I want is the Lakers to pay as high a price as possible.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I agree - it's all a scam!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Glen will do fine in Orlando.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Actually I will be very happy if the trade for Glen Davis causes DH to stay in Orlando but not sign an extension.  BBD will help Orlando by making them more physical.  But it may not put them over the hump.

Come summer if Howard has not signed an extension, who knows.......?  Well, I can dream.  Right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Thats gotta be one of the funiest statements from DH. He talked to BBD and now he's changed?? LOL

BBD's arrival did that?? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Did anyone see the recent photos of baby? He is ripped. seriously. Best shape of his life by far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone see the recent photos of baby? He is ripped. seriously. Best shape of his life by far.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

“Evidently, fans need agents also” by Zachary “Z-man” Rubenstein

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Baby looks good.  It's typical that, during the contract year, a player does everything required to secure the best contract possible and Baby took advantage of that.  You have to be happy for him.  I remember when he came into Boston as a fat, slow 2nd round draft pick.  He once got his shot blocked, what, 4 times on one possession.

He had no lift but he found a way to get baskets.  Then 2 seasons ago, he added a decent mid-range jumper to his arsenal.  Defensively, he mastered the art of taking the charge and became a vital contributor.  Unfortunately, he never matured as a person to the degree that his game did.

Yeah, there were the times when we lost games with Baby taking more shots than Ray and Paul but we forgave him for that.  What was he thinking taking shots at the rate he took them?  LOL.

I am not sure what impact he will have as I just don't see him as a starting PF in the NBA.  He's a more effective center than he is PF especially on the defensive end.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I agree, I'm actually happier with bass and the atheltism we are getting which we dearly need. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

happy for baby that he got in shape and he got his money, but i still prefer brandon bass

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone see the recent photos of baby? He is ripped. seriously. Best shape of his life by far.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

The problem was never the shape in the beginning of the season; the issue was at the end...but he does look good.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

He told Dwight this;  look Perkins and  were the only ones who could guard you one-on-one; Perk is now in OKC and I am here.   Where is the competition coming from.   Plus I think Baby, like Tony Allen carries some pedigree and unlike nice guys like Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson, and Hedo, can tell things to Dwight straight. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

[QUOTE]Baby looks good.  It's typical that, during the contract year, a player does everything required to secure the best contract possible and Baby took advantage of that.  You have to be happy for him.  I remember when he came into Boston as a fat, slow 2nd round draft pick.  He once got his shot blocked, what, 4 times on one possession. He had no lift but he found a way to get baskets.  Then 2 seasons ago, he added a decent mid-range jumper to his arsenal.  Defensively, he mastered the art of taking the charge and became a vital contributor.  Unfortunately, he never matured as a person to the degree that his game did. Yeah, there were the times when we lost games with Baby taking more shots than Ray and Paul but we forgave him for that.  What was he thinking taking shots at the rate he took them?  LOL. I am not sure what impact he will have as I just don't see him as a starting PF in the NBA.  He's a more effective center than he is PF especially on the defensive end.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Good post.   I think Doc kept Big Baby as a "role player" and he actually was an excellent passer in college which the Celtics did not utilize.  Essentially, if you look at it, with fact that Baby plays the five he will do this most nights while Howard can roam on the best forwards...  Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, KG, Pau Gasol.   They actually got a whole lot better defensively.  

Tony Allen was right, as Rondo knows, everything is the Big Three hear and while that is ok, everyone else was reduced to a role player.  

I actually see Baby playing he Five in Orlando....  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

There will be night we will wish we had him and Doc had talked less and coached more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The impact of Big Baby...in Orlando : Good post.   I think Doc kept Big Baby as a "role player" and he actually was an excellent passer in college which the Celtics did not utilize.  Essentially, if you look at it, with fact that Baby plays the five he will do this most nights while Howard can roam on the best forwards...  Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, KG, Pau Gasol.   They actually got a whole lot better defensively.   Tony Allen was right, as Rondo knows, everything is the Big Three hear and while that is ok, everyone else was reduced to a role player.   I actually see Baby playing he Five in Orlando....  
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

You might be right about everything is the Big3...or now Big4.

Doc has rode their coattails and coddled them like newborn babies. In the process having alienated many players and pulled minutes even thouhg they had spurts of playing very good ball. He also never had a problem with criticizing the these guys, sometimes publicly.... but never the Big 3.

With the prez election upon us, we hear alot about OBama trying to make the campaign a class warfare.... HE should hire Doc as the campaign manager

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

There's a photoshopped image of Davis on the Internet, but I thought he still looked a little chubby so I deleted a bit more of him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

There's a photoshopped image of Davis on the Internet, but I thought he still looked a little chubby so I deleted a bit more of him.