The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors

Lets see..
    Jamison, good offensive player, no defense
    Nash, great player on last legs... no defense
    Metta Wood head, who knows/questionable everything
    Hill, good rebounder
    Gasol, still solid/ top player when motivated/ Does he really want to be there?
    Bynum, One of the best Centers, when motivated/questionable attitude when things don't go right. Do you think shopping him around will help?
    Kobe, was one of the best, still top ten, not a clutch shooter anymore(if ever)
    Bench, Hill, Goudelocks, ebanks, Murphy, and Johnson, ???
    Don't forget that the Lakers’ defense collapsed at the end of the regular season and in the two playoff series. Last year they got blown out several times..Not to mention the sweep by Dallas the year before.
    On Paper they are a competive group. But when things are tough, their true colors are revealted. I predict they will have a decent regular season, but will falter in the playoffs...sound familiar?
    I don't see any additions that will change this dowhill trend. Now if they sign
    Howard, that's another story....Did he sign already??
    http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/07/18/antawn-jamison-los-angeles-lakers-free-agency/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors

In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : patience.. patience... The Lakers are top tier with the current lineup. Heck they swept the Celtics last year without Steve Nash.  LMAO!!
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

And were humilated by the runner ups while we were giving the champs a serious run. :) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors:
    [QUOTE]Lets see.. Jamison, good offensive player, no defense Nash, great player on last legs... no defense Metta Wood head, who knows/questionable everything Hill, good rebounder Gasol, still solid/ top player when motivated/ Does he really want to be there? Bynum, One of the best Centers, when motivated/questionable attitude when things don't go right. Do you think shopping him around will help? Kobe, was one of the best, still top ten, not a clutch shooter anymore(if ever) Bench, Hill, Goudelocks, ebanks, Murphy, and Johnson, ??? Don't forget that the Lakers’ defense collapsed at the end of the regular season and in the  two  playoff series. Last year they got blown out several times..Not to mention the sweep by Dallas the year before. On Paper they are a competive group. But when things are tough, their true colors are revealted. I predict they will have a decent regular season, but will falter in the playoffs...sound familiar? I don't see any additions that will change this dowhill trend. Now if they sign Howard, that's another story....Did he sign already?? http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/07/18/antawn-jamison-los-angeles-lakers-free-agency/
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

1+

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : patience.. patience... The Lakers are top tier with the current lineup. Heck they swept the Celtics last year without Steve Nash.  LMAO!!

Your opinions mean nothing!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : Your opinions and so-called facts (Steve Nash will be a Knick) mean nothing! ROFLMAO!!! You = another child put in their place by an adult

Never made the Nash comment, and you should really try to say more intelligent things on the Internet.  I hope you get the help you need soon, son!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : Bynum what are your ethics?  Do you even know what ethics mean?  You are an in your face nuisance, intruding on a BB of Celtics fans who never seek to badger or chase every comment made about the team you root for. Go away and all your Laker fantasies will be yours to celebrate with other Laker fans far away from here.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I have ethics. I never lie or hurt people intentionally. My comments on this board are for the most very accurate. When I talk about the Celtics, I am pretty much always on point and spot on. It is funny that you all get so offended so easily and then talk down to me because I am only saying what everyone else already knows. The Celtics are just not good enough to beat the Heat who I predict will be back in the Finals this year playing against my Lakers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : I have ethics. I never lie or hurt people intentionally. My comments on this board are for the most very accurate. When I talk about the Celtics, I am pretty much always on point and spot on. It is funny that you all get so offended so easily and then talk down to me because I am only saying what everyone else already knows. The Celtics are just not good enough to beat the Heat who I predict will be back in the Finals this year playing against my Lakers.

So, let's see, if you "predict" and it doesn't come true, it's NOT a lie.  But if someone reports something, backs it up with links, and it doesn't happen, that IS a lie?

Momma taught you wrong, boy!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : I have ethics. I never lie or hurt people intentionally. My comments on this board are for the most very accurate. When I talk about the Celtics, I am pretty much always on point and spot on. It is funny that you all get so offended so easily and then talk down to me because I am only saying what everyone else already knows. The Celtics are just not good enough to beat the Heat who I predict will be back in the Finals this year playing against my Lakers.

The Lakers are not good enough to beat the Thunder, the spurs or the Griz. I'm not sure they can even beat the nuggets anymore. So sad. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : The Lakers are not good enough to beat the Thunder, the spurs or the Griz. I'm not sure they can even beat the nuggets anymore. So sad. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Or the Clips.  I think they can beat the Nugs or the Griz.  Wouldn't it be just great if Nash led them to a 4th place finish in the West, while the Celtics cruised to a #2 seed in the East?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : Or the Clips.  I think they can beat the Nugs or the Griz.  Wouldn't it be just great if Nash led them to a 4th place finish in the West, while the Celtics cruised to a #2 seed in the East?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

That is likely happen. The question is can the lakers win five games against the thunder?  I don't think they can do it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : The Lakers are not good enough to beat the Thunder, the spurs or the Griz. I'm not sure they can even beat the nuggets anymore. So sad. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

LMAO 

Hilarious!!  You should do basketball stand up comedy. You would be very successful at that on the fact of just being a Celtic fan. Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : That is likely happen. The question is can the lakers win five games against the thunder?  I don't think they can do it. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I "predict" a 4 seed in the West.  Since I phrased it that way, apparently, I can't be called a liar if they finish higher.  Must be an LA thing!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : LMAO    Hilarious!!  You should do basketball stand up comedy. You would be very successful at that on the fact of just being a Celtic fan.

Comedy is just telling the truth. Hey, you guys are the new Atlanta Hawks. Second round exit (if you're lucky) every year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lakers; a whole lot of smoke and mirrors : Yeah, I "predict" a 4 seed in the West.  Since I phrased it that way, apparently, I can't be called a liar if they finish higher.  Must be an LA thing!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Luckily for you, they won't. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Oh, and i forgot to mention that they gave up what little future they had for Nash. better pray they get Howard...Bynum alone is not going to make it.....or picks..and only if Bynum has a All star type season..injury free.
    other than Gasol, you have no more assets..
    ..there will also be new teams  in the market by the trading deadline...maybe even Boston......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Diehard Celtics fan here..... I think people are dillusional with hate for the Lakers... They did a tremendous job retooling and are still front runners for the premier center in basketball. They should at worst be facing Oklahoma city in the West Finals

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

...don't think so.....they, like the New York teams, are media driven......much adoo about nothing at this point....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Sessions was a disaster in the playoffs.... Nash is a huge upgrade. Jamison can add some punch off the bench and if the Lakers draw the 2 seed then avoid Clippers likely (which is a bad matchup for LA) but the Lakers are much improved and their offense could be scary good

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Sessions was a disaster in the playoffs.... Nash is a huge upgrade. Jamison can add some punch off the bench and if the Lakers draw the 2 seed then avoid Clippers likely (which is a bad matchup for LA) but the Lakers are much improved and their offense could be scary good
    Posted by Rebels345209[/QUOTE]

The lakers have a very good starting 5.  Very good!
    Their bench right now (missing out on Delonte West), is Steve Blake, Andrew Goudelock, Antawn Jamison, Jordan Hill and Robert Sacre (if he sticks). 
    Compare that to: Bledsoe, Crawford, Hill, Odom and Hollins, and you have to give the advantage to the Clips.  They are the deeper AND younger team.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

KG and PP are very old.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]KG and PP are very old.
    Posted by LAL 32[/QUOTE]

Greatness.

ROFLMAO!!!

Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts