The Lakers it is worse than I hoped for!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Lakers it is worse than I hoped for!

I watched part of the Spurs game and saw Kobe literally hog the ball and miss thirteen consecutive desperate shots in the third period.  I then saw Phil Jackson in an interview after the game take a question about what he thought about him taking thirteen shots in a row and missing them all.  Jackson said "I was hoping they would stop passing him the ball."  You know Jackson thinks Kobster is an a--.

Let's hope this gets worse and becomes a real dissension problem and adds up to many more losses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: The Lakers it is worse than I hoped for!

Looks like my 52-30 prediction for the Lakers this season is still on course. 

HAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

That prediction looks awful good.  Let's hope the league refrains from gifting the Lakers if they are that bad. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Kobe no different this year than last.. taking bad shots cause he loves himself. Did it all series in the finals last year too.. almost cost Lakers title but the refs stepped in and bailed him out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

From what I can see the Lakers are only lacking Kobe ....but it appears that Kobe may in fact be getting old and can't do it by himself anymore. He might have a chance if he starts to wise up like PP did but I'm not sure his ego will allow it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: The Lakers it is worse than I hoped for!:
    Kobe no different this year than last.. taking bad shots cause he loves himself. Did it all series in the finals last year too.. almost cost Lakers title but the refs stepped in and bailed him out.
    Posted by Karllost

You might be right. I think he has slipped a little more this year. Or maybe it is the refs who have started to talk amongst themselves and saying things like.."Kobe can't get it up anymore"...and as a result his flying leaps into the lane aren't going to get the calls like they did in game 7 last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Lakers are giving up 97.7 points per game, that means the Laker defense is not that great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Lakers defense right now is not that great but technically they have a much better bench than they do last year with Blake, Barnes, Brown, and Odom...I just don't see why they are struggling this year even though i still believe they are a better team than the Spurs IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

KOBE GETS KARMA BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID TO PERKINS.....LAKERS ALL THE WAY TO LOSE....3 PEAT BACK TO BACK AGAIN

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Lakers bench is supposedly improved.  Blake, Brown and Barnes have yet to prove how good they are. Barnes has been invisible.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Typical Kobe.  Plays 1 vs 5 ball, then slams his teammates after the game. 

I'd say Kobe and Phil make a perfect team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

RE: lakers defense

they just dont look very aggressive out there...like they expect the other team to miss shots because the lakers are the champs or something...its really quite odd for a phil jackson team to be emotionless and uninterested

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Posted by Karllost

Truth

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Remember Rudy Tomjonvich's comment "never underestimate the heart of a champion". Soooo, the Lakers are not dead until the fat lady sings !!!

No question Miami is on a roll winning 15 out of 16(I think). But we too have won 15 out of 16 losing to Orlando in a 4th qtr. that reminded me of the 4th qtr in the 7th game final---sorry to open wounds---against the Lakers when in last 6-7 minutes we couldn't hit the side of a barn door & they couldn't miss. Nelson, not one of the BiG 3, was the key as were Fisher & Artest hitting long 3s while Kobe struggled & had one of his worst shooting games. Despite the disparity in foul shots, we would have won that title with just Allen getting 1-2 more 3s. Anyway, enough crying about last years title.

Regarding being afraid of Miami more than the Lakers. Who knows, we may not face the Lakers but we too need get by the Magic & Heat as they do the Spurs & Dallas.

If any of the Big 3 gets an injury, the Heat will not be a major factor. Keep in mind that we will be getting Rondo, West &, hopefully, Perkins back and in good playing heath so we don't have a New Years' swoon.

With thanks to Wrigleys Spearment Gum , Double My Pleasure, Double My Fun, I'm happy when the Celtics win & Lakers Lose(same as Sox winning & Yankees lose) and when Celtics & Sox don't play, I root for ANY TEAM who plays against them.

Actually, I'm hoping for a Celtics-Lakers finals to mend the wounds I'm still suffering from Game 7 last year. I know, I know, get over it but I want some revenge & want the Celtics to be the team that prevents Jackson from tying Auerbach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Remember Rudy Tomjonvich's comment "never underestimate the heart of a champion". Soooo, the Lakers are not dead until the fat lady sings !!! No question Miami is on a roll winning 15 out of 16(I think). But we too have won 15 out of 16 losing to Orlando in a 4th qtr. that reminded me of the 4th qtr in the 7th game final---sorry to open wounds---against the Lakers when in last 6-7 minutes we couldn't hit the side of a barn door & they couldn't miss. Nelson, not one of the BiG 3, was the key as were Fisher & Artest hitting long 3s while Kobe struggled & had one of his worst shooting games. Despite the disparity in foul shots, we would have won that title with just Allen getting 1-2 more 3s. Anyway, enough crying about last years title. Regarding being afraid of Miami more than the Lakers. Who knows, we may not face the Lakers but we too need get by the Magic & Heat as they do the Spurs & Dallas. If any of the Big 3 gets an injury, the Heat will not be a major factor. Keep in mind that we will be getting Rondo, West &, hopefully, Perkins back and in good playing heath so we don't have a New Years' swoon. With thanks to Wrigleys Spearment Gum , Double My Pleasure, Double My Fun, I'm happy when the Celtics win & Lakers Lose(same as Sox winning & Yankees lose) and when Celtics & Sox don't play, I root for  ANY TEAM  who plays against them. Actually, I'm hoping for a Celtics-Lakers finals to mend the wounds I'm still suffering from Game 7 last year. I know, I know, get over it but I want some revenge & want the Celtics to be the team that prevents Jackson from tying Auerbach.
    Posted by mandobello

I could care less about the Fakers getting to the finals. I hope they don't win another game this year. I want us to win the championship and it won't bother me a bit if its against someone else.

I say lose em all Fakers!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to The Lakers it is worse than I hoped for!:
    I watched part of the Spurs game and saw Kobe literally hog the ball and miss thirteen consecutive desperate shots in the third period.  I then saw Phil Jackson in an interview after the game take a question about what he thought about him taking thirteen shots in a row and missing them all.  Jackson said "I was hoping they would stop passing him the ball."  You know Jackson thinks Kobster is an a--. Let's hope this gets worse and becomes a real dissension problem and adds up to many more losses.
    Posted by concord27

hahahaha... reminds me of last year in the playoffs of a similar situation.  Ron Artest took a lot of difficult shots consecutively and missed each time.  Phil Jackson calls a timeout.  Ron Artest is standing right next to Phil Jackson in the huddle and Jackson says, "whatever you do, DO NOT PASS THE BALL TO RON."  I thought it was hillarious.

I think it was the same game where Kobe took a VERY CONTESTED IMPOSSIBLE (whats new?) game winning shot in the finals seconds and missed the rim by two feet, but Ron calmly collected the missed shot and laid it up for 2 points and a win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: The Lakers it is worse than I hoped for! : I could care less about the Fakers getting to the finals. I hope they don't win another game this year. I want us to win the championship and it won't bother me a bit if its against someone else. I say lose em all Fakers!!!!
    Posted by OneOnOne

I feel the same way One on one   I hate the Lakers and even more since i live in LA now for the past 11 years.  Its tough being a celtic fan here in LA but lately its been sweet sincethose fake azz  rigged chumps are losing  hehehehe

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

In Response to Re: The Lakers it is worse than I hoped for! : I feel the same way One on one   I hate the Lakers and even more since i live in LA now for the past 11 years.  Its tough being a celtic fan here in LA but lately its been sweet sincethose fake azz  rigged chumps are losing  hehehehe
    Posted by RickFox17

It is hard being a Celtic fan out here.  I don't even want to wear my Celtics jersey to grab lunch because I don't want my food getting "altered".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Haha, I know the feeling Brad.  I'm a Laker fan in Beantown.  LA's not looking good at all right now.  I was hoping they'd rise to the occasion for the Spurs game, but instead they just gave up.  Kobe taking 27 shots, while the other 4 starters put up 30 total.  Not a good stat. 

They need to go back to playing team ball.  Jackson's gotta step in and reel Kobe back under control.  An aging star trying to defy their decreasing athletic ability always hurts a team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Kobe taking 27 shots, while the other 4 starters put up 30 total.  Not a good stat

I knew he took that many shots but didn't realize the others starters only took 30. How would you like to play with a ball hog like that.  The courts I use to play on nobody would want him on their team.  We had a nice guy just like Kobe on our team (church league) and no one wanted to play with him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Remember Rudy Tomjonvich's comment "never underestimate the heart of a champion". Soooo, the Lakers are not dead until the fat lady sings !!! No question Miami is on a roll winning 15 out of 16(I think). But we too have won 15 out of 16 losing to Orlando in a 4th qtr. that reminded me of the 4th qtr in the 7th game final---sorry to open wounds---against the Lakers when in last 6-7 minutes we couldn't hit the side of a barn door & they couldn't miss. Nelson, not one of the BiG 3, was the key as were Fisher & Artest hitting long 3s while Kobe struggled & had one of his worst shooting games. Despite the disparity in foul shots, we would have won that title with just Allen getting 1-2 more 3s. Anyway, enough crying about last years title. Regarding being afraid of Miami more than the Lakers. Who knows, we may not face the Lakers but we too need get by the Magic & Heat as they do the Spurs & Dallas. If any of the Big 3 gets an injury, the Heat will not be a major factor. Keep in mind that we will be getting Rondo, West &, hopefully, Perkins back and in good playing heath so we don't have a New Years' swoon. With thanks to Wrigleys Spearment Gum , Double My Pleasure, Double My Fun, I'm happy when the Celtics win & Lakers Lose(same as Sox winning & Yankees lose) and when Celtics & Sox don't play, I root for  ANY TEAM  who plays against them. Actually, I'm hoping for a Celtics-Lakers finals to mend the wounds I'm still suffering from Game 7 last year. I know, I know, get over it but I want some revenge & want the Celtics to be the team that prevents Jackson from tying Auerbach.
    Posted by mandobello

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a rapist!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: The Lakers it is worse than I hoped for! : Don't ever underestimate the heart of a rapist!
    Posted by P34

OR THE POCKETBOOK

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Looks like my 52-30 prediction for the Lakers this season is still on course.  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

If KG is as badly injured as it looked, you guys might not even get to 52 wins.

Like I said, it's only December. Whose laughing now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: The Lakers it is worse than I hoped for! : If KG is as badly injured as it looked, you guys might not even get to 52 wins. Like I said, it's only December. Whose laughing now.
    Posted by Qdaddy

I am still laughing at the Fakers.  Don't worry, Bynum will go down again before long.

Sections
Shortcuts