The Lakers pull one game ahead of the Celtics in the lost column, but reinjury Bynum, Doc sits his starters to keep them imjury free, and provide mental focus. Who has the best strategy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

The Lakers pull on...

If the Celtics make it to the finals, as I think they will, how will this affect the series?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: The Lakers pull one game ahead of the Celtics in the lost column, but reinjury Bynum, Doc sits his starters to keep them ...

Yeah, I saw Bynum hyperextend his knee last night.....what a bummer!  I would think the way they were playing they needed rest just like our guys, but Phil is a genius not be questioned.  Surely he has a reason to be playing his often injured center against a Spurs team that had already secured HCA.  Oh yeah, they were trying to stay ahead of US in the W-L column, in case of a Finals rematch....lol

Its a safer bet to say OKC will be there.  Good Job Phil..you just it made it easier for us to Beat L.A. if you guys are there,....

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: The Lakers pull one game ahead of the Celtics in the lost column, but reinjury Bynum, Doc sits his starters to keep them ...

Phil had no choice but to play his starters heavy minutes against a jv Spurs team because they have to try to stay ahead of OC and Dallas.  Thats what happens when you don take care of business or are worried about seeding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The game the other night could have been won as well as at least ten other games.  Doc seemed to be committed to letting the game on Monday play out without trying to change it. He could have put Ray or Paul in for the last few plays but choose to risk losing.  If we do get to the finals, we will without a doubt not have home court.  How will we feel?  Not so good but the finals are a long way off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Jay, I guess we will see won't we. I hope you don't mind if I remind you of your comments if the Celtics make the finals.

P-34, yeah his knee is about as fragile as Rondo's personality.

Kirk, you may be right but nothing has changed for the Lakers since their dominant win over San Antonio in San Antonio. Bynum has a bruise. They may just be bored. 

I agree LA, it seemed to be the right move.

Concord, I feel a lot like you do. Home court seems to be a low priority for Doc, and a few of the starters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The best strategy would have been winning at least 2 of the 4 games we lost vs. bobcats/grizz at home and Pacers/Hawks on the road when we had 4th quarter leads.

Then we'd have the 2 seed and homecourt if we saw LA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Ram,

I agree, I really don't care about home court against any team but LA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

The most amazing thing that I have learned from this year's Celtics, is that attitude can be controlled. When the play-offs start, the Cs, are the team to beat!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

With KG on the Celtics, the focus is inevitable.

Banner number 18, will be a battle. however, with KG on the team, my bet is on the Celtics!

...best team player of this generation!

Sections
Shortcuts