The Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The Lakers

I couldn't have hoped for a better ending to a pathetic Laker season.  Watching them suffer all year and then desparately scrape the bottom of the barrel to barely make the playoffs...only to get swept and destroyed by an average loss of 18.5 per game...was simply DEVINE.

All the talk of their all star roster winning the West and competing for the title against the Heat began to deteriorate into excuses about poor coaching (several times), injuries, an aging group, the wrong ofensive scheme(s)...  the fact of the matter is that the main reason that the Lakers STUNK, is that they lacked chemistry... no worse, they had abismal CHEMISTRY from top to bottom.  

Next year should be even more embarrasing (exciting), if that is possible:

Nash is paid through 2015, but he is effectively done, finished, through with age and injuries.

KoME will be recovering from a bad injury while age will have diminished his game cconsiderably if he even is able to play.

Howard hates L.A. and will surely evaluate deals as a FA. I will be surprised if he sticks around just for the money.  His fire and heart have been extinguished for good in LaLa land.

Gasol would be crazy to stick around, rather than join a contender at this point in his career, especially given the complete lack of talent and ability around him if he stayed. I expect him to demand aa trade and leave his poopie pants in tinsel town.

Jamison's career is done.

Meta World Peace is cancer that just keeps giving, so I hope he stays.

and what about coach Mike D.?  Thats a no win situation...just like the future of the Lakers! YAY! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: The Lakers

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I couldn't have hoped for a better ending to a pathetic Laker season.  Watching them suffer all year and then desparately scrape the bottom of the barrel to barely make the playoffs...only to get swept and destroyed by an average loss of 18.5 per game...was simply DEVINE.

All the talk of their all star roster winning the West and competing for the title against the Heat began to deteriorate into excuses about poor coaching (several times), injuries, an aging group, the wrong ofensive scheme(s)...  the fact of the matter is that the main reason that the Lakers STUNK, is that they lacked chemistry... no worse, they had abismal CHEMISTRY from top to bottom.  

Nash is paid through 2015, but he is effectively done, finished, through with age and injuries.

KoME will be recovering from a bad injury while age will have diminished his game cconsiderably if he even is able to play.

Howard hates L.A. and will surely evaluate deals as a FA. I will be surprised if he sticks around just for the money.  His fire and heart have been extinguished for good in LaLa land.

Gasol would be crazy to stick around, rather than join a contender at this point in his career, especially given the complete lack of talent and ability around him if he stayed. I expect him to demand aa trade and leave his poopie pants in tinsel town.

and what about coach Mike D.?  Thats a no win situation...just like the future of the Lakers! YAY! 

BILL PLASCHKE

Lakers, Dwight Howard need to walk away from each other The center has proven he can't handle being the face of a franchise like the Lakers. The team needs to rebuild and needs the financial flexibility it won't have if Howard is re-signed.

With topics like this, the off season drama should continue..tick,tick,tick....lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

While I'm happy they lost, let's not get carried away here..............I hope they all stay.  LA is a very desirable destination for many players, and the lakers with a bunch of cap space could be very dangerous.  I know they are planning for 2014, and a run at LeBron............but if DH leaves, and they trade Gasol, amnesty kobe, don't resign Peace, they will have a lot of space to bring in other players............and that could be bad!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

BILL PLASCHKE

Lakers, Dwight Howard need to walk away from each other The center has proven he can't handle being the face of a franchise like the Lakers. The team needs to rebuild and needs the financial flexibility it won't have if Howard is re-signed.

With topics like this, the off season drama should continue..tick,tick,tick....lol

If he is saying this then I would imagine that Howard probably won't sign with the Lakers. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Superman took a powder. A cornerstone crumbled. The dude just left early.

"This is like a nightmare," said Howard later. "This is like a bad dream and I couldn't wake up out of it."

Here's how that nightmare can end. The Lakers don't re-sign it. The Lakers walk out on Dwight Howard the way he walked out on them. The Lakers shake themselves awake after watching Howard's pathetic performance Sunday and have the courage to move forward without him.

Interestingly, just as the Lakers' phony glitter disappeared, their strongest fabric arrived. Moments after Howard's ejection, with the team trailing by 21 points, yeah, you guessed it, Kobe Bryant showed up.

Is Kobe allergic to Howard, or can't stand to be in the same building???

I think I will make a poster of this one...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20130429,0,5453293.column

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I don't see Koby and Howard on the same team ever again...like water and oil...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Could be one heck of a S&T with Howard getting his money and the Fakers getting ?????

Lopez, Wallace, Brooks and a #1............but I think the Nets are happy with Lopez!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

The best thing that could happen as a Celtics fan would be Howard staying.

That guy is not a winner and will just get worse.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Could be one heck of a S&T with Howard getting his money and the Fakers getting ?????

I don't think that is possible to sign and trade Howard.  I could be wrong but I don't think so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I was under the impression that teams over the lux tax could NOT do sign and trades after Year 2 of the new CBA.....................but I could be wrong - wouldn't be the first time!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--last-game-as-a-laker---there-is-no-clear-choice--on-dwight-howard-s-team-next-season-043749805.html?.tsrc=samsungwn

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Lakers can give Howard the max, 5-year deal whereas other teams can give only four years.

It is going to be a very busy offseason for the Lakers front office.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In retrospect, maybe nothing could be better than no change on the Laker squad, and have them experience the same misery all over again next year!!  

This year took alot out of Kobe's sail.  A severe injury and another year of age.  Same with Nash, whose back, like Larry's only gets worse with age.  Throw in a Meta locker room fight, Kobe pissing off several team members, no confidence in the coach... and we have another inevitable chemical explosion.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Id hate to sign DH to a max contract... he seems to get more flakey and unreliable with age.  I bet theres alot of resentment towards him on that team..

I thought Kobe had a good season, better than the last few. Im always rooting against him but he changed his game, started doing more the of the other things and getting his teammates more involved.  Still too much of a hotdog for me but I liked what he did, even with DH and his baggage on the Lakers

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What i don't like is his claiming this is a "learning experience"...Really..is he a rookie???

He has not faced double teams before??? I don't buy it..I think he just wants out...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

He needs to learn how to play in big-boy pants now.  Once he masters that, he will need to learn how to play in big-boy poopie-pants in a town thats full of it.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Today on Around the Horn one of the panel said that several current Laker's were asked about resigning Howard....and, to a man, they were all against it....he doesn't have the "heart" or "game" to fit in LA....at this point I don't want the Celtics to make a run at him either (not that he would sign in Boston)...he really doesn't have the "heart of a winner"...he really does sort of remind me of Wilt..!

Sections
Shortcuts