The LeBron Stopper

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The LeBron Stopper

Can we now call Rondo the LeBron Stopper?? LOL!

That was an interesting matchup and I think it may help in the playoffs.

It may be better to put Rondo on James. A smaller quicker good defenisve player guarding a big physical player may give James enough problems that he gets frustrated and tries to bully his way to the basket or turn the game into a one on one battle. If Rondo can use his quick hands and feet he may be able to pick up a few charges. It also allows PP or RA to help and make James give up the ball. It keeps PP out of foul trouble.

I would switch up from PP to Rondo from time to time so James never gets in a groove.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: The LeBron Stopper

oh boy we are getting azz ollle here---ur over doing it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

I did not think it worked that well.  Initially, I think Lebron was caught off guard and didn't know what to do, but towards the end he started making the right decisions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I don't know that they can get away with it for long periods of time, but once in a while when Lebron is bringing the ball up the court it might be a good idea. I think Doc said something at the end of the third, about loving the matchup a lot more on one side of the court than another.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

If Rondo can use his quick hands and feet he may be able to pick up a few charges.

...and, please somebody should tell this lost soul to stop posting stupid zhyte.

Imagine a 240 pound speeding beast & full of muscle ram to a 170 lbs tofu?
    Last time I know, you are posting and worrying  the injuries.

Ask the 300 pound Big Baby, if those charges he picks up are worth...this is not a child play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

As soon as Lebrons knows that Rondo is on him, he is going to post up..but at the same time, thats when we double up....its worth a shot at times to keep them off balance..Rondo is strong enough to take the hits..He takes  a lot of shots when he drive to the hoop..This will keep Lebrons from getting his usual lay ups and one's..I would like to see him guard Kobe also at times...I get this feeling that he will do as well as Ray Allen..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Che that's because we look at basketball from different perspectives. You look at the game as individuals and what you see is what you see. I look at the game from within the game. There is a ton of strategies that go on and basketball is an instinctive sport which requires lots of confidence.

Did you read what I wrote? I said switch from time to time so LeBron doesn't know who's guarding him every trip down the floor. Sure they will try to post Rondo and that's fine but just double him and make him pass. I would rather him shoot FT's than barreling up and down the court getting other guys involved, dunking, getting and one's. If you've played basketball one of the worst things is to have a smaller pesky guy covering you who's quick...it's irritating because your first instinct is to bully him to the basket and the next thing you know you're dribbling the shot clock out, you're charging and you're taken out of your game.

So of course not for the entire game but anything that will engage Rondo into the game and make him competitive usually is good for the C's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: The LeBron Stopper:
    [QUOTE]So of course not for the entire game but anything that will engage Rondo into the game and make him competitive usually is good for the C's.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    a little inside knowledge there bias?  when have rondo said he wasnt engaged in a game?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I don't know...

The Rondo thing worked for a while, but then Lebron figured it out. Basketball is as much about adjustments as anything. Next time, Lebron will know exactly what to do to solve the Rondo puzzel.

It was fun to watch.

Celtic team defense, with a healthy starting five, and a healthy bench, is still something that Lebron can't solve.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thebostonjam. Show thebostonjam's posts

Three Reasons why you should hate Lebron James 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Bias,  Mikki Moore picture in that link.  No we don't want him. LOL

Sections
Shortcuts