The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades

These are realistic guys I think would be upgrades to Bass, moving Brandon to the bench (if he picks up his 4m option) or putting a sign and trade in play with him. In no particular order:

Jason Thompson (R)
    Jordan Hill
    JJ Hickson (R)
    Spencer Hawes
    Omar Asik
    Anthony Randolph (R)
    Marrese Speights (R)
    Chris Kaman
    Ryan Anderson (R)
    Kris Humphries
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Michael Beasley (R)
    Robin Lopez (R)

I did not put down restricted FA's Hibbert, McGee or Brook Lopez b/c I don't think we have a shot at them, their teams will match.

So who do you want the C's to pursue?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades

In Response to Re: The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades:
    [QUOTE]This could be wrong, but according to this: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm Jordan Hill has a TEAM option- and as much as I like him, I think the lakers will not let him go. Go after Thompson, Asik......and you forgot Jeff Green......ha ha!! How about Lou Williams if he opts out?  ( I know he's a guard!!)
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I've read a few articles that said the Rockets declined their option for Hill and he is unrestricted... the max LA can offer him is a small raise on the 3m he made this year... like a 4/20 type offer...

I forgot about Hawes and Humphries (thanks mployee) but didn't forget about Green since I see him more as a SF, but I hope he comes back..

Lou Williams is a score first PG who would add some fun and crazy energy to the C's backcourt with Rondo and Avery but in the end is too small at 6'1" IMO to get good money from us when we have an elite PG. Spend the $ on the frontcourt, we can really just use 1 of our two picks on a scoring combo-gusrd who can play some PG (Waiters PLEASE or more likely Doron Lamb), keep Dooling and be fine in the backcourt next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

not one of those players are all stars, all D players.   Are any of them starters?   All not worth the time, energy or $....NEXT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think Portland will match any offer for Batum, but I'd rather have him than Jeff Green, he'd do some scary stuff with Rondo, I bet he'd average 16-17 points next year, starting over Pierce but playing around the same mins as PP, he is only 23. Then be like a 22ppg guy for years after that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]   not one of those players are all stars, all D players.   Are any of them starters?   All not worth the time, energy or $....NEXT
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

and that 'next' is.....

bring an original thought or don't bother playing, you show you know little about the players mentioned or team building when you hit and run with that garbage

we are talking about upgrading BASS here

The only way we add all-stars and all-D players this offseason are through trades, those are all free agents, and some of 'em very solid players.... any bright ideas Docc?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades : and that 'next' is..... bring an original thought or don't bother playing, you show you know little about the players mentioned or team building when you hit and run with that garbage we are talking about upgrading BASS here The only way we add all-stars and all-D players this offseason are through trades, those are all free agents, and some of 'em very solid players.... any bright ideas Docc?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

My bad here - for some unknown reason, I thought Lou Williams was 6'5"!!!  You are right, at 6'1", not worth it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades : I like Green too but at SF with some time at PF as needed but I wonder if he'll be ready to pick up a good share of Pierce's minutes. That said, Batum (who won't accomodate Portland) makes a nice SF for us when Pierce is gone aspecially if Green doesn't work out. If Green comes to fruition at SF then Batum can split time at SG and SF especially once Pierce is gone or either he or Green could be used as trade bait. Here's the Batum link (I posted this on another thread) .... http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingblazers?Batum-not-doing-Blazers-any-favors-will-=1&blockID=708138&feedID=5212
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

yeah interesting article, sounds like kind of a jerk actually, haha, but I agree with rebels that Green at 4-5 million or Batum at 10-11 is kinda a no-brainer. A front loaded contract of say a 5/50 deal would use up half our cap space when big men are the priority.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: I gotta say, looking at that list.....

In Response to I gotta say, looking at that list.....:
    [QUOTE]I sure HOPE Garnett is willing to come back one more year!! if so,.........and with 422M in Cap space after Bass options in. Garnett- $9M Wilcox- $3M (if healthy) Pietrus- $3M Dooling- $1.5M Daniels- $1M Steismsa- $1M Rookies- $3M Roster: C- Garnett - Center from game 1 C- Steismsa C- Rookie ( Melo or Ezeli) PF- Bass PF- Wilcox PF- Johnson SF- Pierce SF- Pietrus SF- Daniels SG- Bradley SG- Rookie ( Lamb or Waiters) SG- Moore PG- Rondo PG- Dooling PG- Rookie (Machado or Tyshaun taylor) we'd copmpete again for the title with that group and a NORMAL amount of injuries. also be ready for the 2013 FA class as well.
    Posted by kdp59[/QUOTE]

kdp59, you have nobody coming off the bench with this roster that will provide the type of production needed.  This is essentially the same bench as this season and Doc had no trust in them.  There is no proven offensive threat or consistent rebounder.  That was a huge problem this season and you want to advocate bringing in the same players next season?  There is no way we can go into next year relying on Dooling, Quis and Pietrus for another season of inconsist play.

There is nobody on the team outside of a diminished-skills Pierce who can provide spacing with his shooting.  AB is not there yet and Pietrus isn't consistent enough.  Moore isn't ready either.

Looking at our draft position, I doubt we will be drafting anyone that Doc will be letting off the bench for any quality minutes.  I'm not so sure he would rely on JJJ or E'twan Moore next season either.

And to completely leave off Jeff Green, who is better than all but maybe 3 players on the entire roster is just ridiculous.  Whether or not you've been a fan of Jeff Green's should not matter.  The guy can play and is a much better player than most of the guys on your roster, by far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades : If you add Jeff Green and Bradley to Bass and you develop Moore, JJJ, and two new rookies, I think we only need one good Center.  Problem is they are hard to find.  But, I like your thinking Petey - Ryan Anderson would be wonderfulto add.  If you get KG back (and I don't think Ray's wheels are shot - after surgery, he'd be great at a low enough price), that's adeep and very talented team.    Of course, if Danny can trade a combination of the draft picks and any of these players to get a big who rebounds, runs, and plays D - then do it! Otherwise, Wilcox, Green, Bradley, and someone like Anderson to run with Rondo and Pierce/KG to provide the stability and experience makes for a great team. 
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Celtsfan, therein lies to conundrum.  I believe between these 4 players (JJJ, Moore, 2 draft picks) or by using a combination of them (trade of players, picks or players & picks), we need ONE if not TWO  consistent contributors.  Will Doc and does Doc have the patience to truly develop them is the question?  To me, if Doc can truly develop 2 of these guys, they would be better, more economical choices with much greater upside than sticking with Quis and Dooling.

If Doc chooses not to, he should package them with or package the draft picks to bring in ONE instant contributor.  With 2 draft picks coming in, we'd honestly have too many positions taken up (4) by non-contributors while still having Quis, Dooling and an inconsistent Pietrus.

Also, we cannot go into next season with KG at C being backed up with Stiemsma and a draft pick like Melo.  IMO, we should do everything we can to return KG to the PF position and have Bass back him up.  We can really stick to KG's "5 minutes in/5 minutes out" plan and use a solid backup like Speights or Anderson.  I would love our PFs to be KG, Bass and Anderson with JJJ still developing.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades : Realistic? Anyone on that list became a Celtic?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

No, but that was three months ago.   We all say stuff that never happens....with the infestation on the board, it would really be a shame if one of you two left because you can't get along!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades : rame is saying it's dumb to watch the Celts play together first before talking about trades. Ainge just finished completing the roster this week and he already wants to use Sully, Lee, Melo, and draft picks as trade bait for Varejao. Ugh!

I'm thinking Lee and Bass later on for Smith

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades : Would you still make a trade if by the trade deadline the Celts are the #1 team in the east?

Would depend on the health of the other guys, and if ATL gave us anyone else.  But given the limits of your question, no!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades : Don't get me wrong, I also want Josh Smith or Varejao. I just don't think it's wise to not give this current Celts team a chance to prove that they can do the job. Let them play first before we make 3-4 paragraphs about trading Bass, Lee, Sully, Melo, and draft picks.

+1

Melo & Sully both look like they've already lost a little weight, so I'd just like to see what their game looks like in camp and what Bradley's latest return sched is first.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades : No, but that was three months ago.   We all say stuff that never happens....with the infestation on the board, it would really be a shame if one of you two left because you can't get along!!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Welcome back dude, you're insight is sorely needed....yeah, the infestation is as bad as before...that's exactly their intentions...to lower us to their levels.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The List: Free Agent frontcourt upgrades : Welcome back dude, you're insight is sorely needed....yeah, the infestation is as bad as before...that's exactly their intentions...to lower us to their levels.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

It's summer.  there is nothing to talk about.  It wont be as big of a deal when the season starts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hahaha

How pathetic Fierce is

So he loses an argument and tries to attack the person that beat the pulp out of him by saying they were wrong b/c none of the names they discussed back in June became Celtics? Hahahaha

How's that Rondo for Gasol trade going Fierce?

I can look at the C's full roster in August and know they will need a frontcourt upgrade to be in a stronger position to win a title, others can too, and we can discuss it all we want.

If you are unable to do that in August Fierce, b/c you need a couple months of games to tell you that playing a 6'9" SF and two 6'8" PF's at the 4 spot all season and having Wilcox/Melo/Collins backing up KG doesn't make a champion, then all power to you

keep up the immature Laker attacks... I'll talk strengths and weaknesses of the C's

haha

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts