The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?

Kwame for Pau Part 2?

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/31/lakers.kupchak/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?

I was wondering when Kupchak was going to make a move. I think that move is going to be Artest.

Don't be surprised if the Lakers pull off a major deal. I'm talking Bynum, Artest, Caracter and a #1 for Melo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?:
    I was wondering when Kupchak was going to make a move. I think that move is going to be Artest. Don't be surprised if the Lakers pull off a major deal. I'm talking Bynum, Artest, Caracter and a #1 for Melo.
    Posted by BiasLewis

The Melo for Artest and Bynum trade works according to the ESPN Trade Machine. If that happens the Celtics and the rest of the NBA are in trouble!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?:

Good post.
    And the year continues to get more interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Can't see Denver trading him to any team in the West.  Has Melo said he would sign an extension with the lakers?  No, only the Knicks.  So, unless he agrees, they would only be renting him until the end of the year, when he SAID he will sign with NY as a FA.  Artest and Bynum for 4 months of Melo??  They would really have to  want Phil to leave a winner if that is the case.
    Further, can't see anyone taking Artest right now.  Bynum, yes.  Gasol is not a center.  What I would be worried about is Bynum for Howard.  That also works on the trade machine, and scares me more than Melo.

C'mon guys, we can't push Melo, Odom and Gasol around???

Not happening, I think neither team would do it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : The Melo for Artest and Bynum trade works according to the ESPN Trade Machine. If that happens the Celtics and the rest of the NBA are in trouble!
    Posted by P34

That's the kind of stuff the Lakers do. They know it would be hard for Melo NOT to resign with the Lakers with all that history and tradition. Kobe would groom him to take the helm. I wouldn't put it past Kupchak to pull the trigger especially after watching that game yesterday he has to be saying "we need to do something big". Kobe, Gasol and Melo would be a tough Big 3.

How are the Lakers going to get through the West and then face the East winner with the squad they have right now.

Remember when the C's signed Walton. The Lakers came right back and went and got Mychal Thompson and he was the reason why we couldn't beat them 2 years in a row. The Lakers set the standard for the Cs and vice versa. They don't worry about everyone else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    I am not with you on this one.  Who is going to rebound with Kobe light at small forward?  I'll take our chances.  Now if they can get a rebounder-defender in addition that might pose more of problem.  

I have told all that the Lakers only alternative was to trade for weeks.  I predict it will be a point guard for the overrated Bynum.  If New Orleans is stupid enough to do it.  Melo is no Pippen by the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hedy, 
    Bynum for Howard who else is in the package. Orlando would be finished with Bynum.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sorry Fierce my comment was aimed at Bias suggesting Artest and Bynum for Melo.  It will be Chris Paul instead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Paul could be the move too. It's not going to be a fill-in bench player if they do make a trade. They have a big trading chip in Bynum now that Odom is playing more minutes.

I don't see Paul being more of a threat to the C's than getting Melo. Fisher, Kobe, Melo, Odom and Gasol would be a great starting five. The problem is their bench and it's been a problem for 3 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    I don't think Bynum is as big a chip as you think.  The league does not view him as a major player and his injury history would give any team pause.  Still I think with the league twisting arms like they did to help the Lakers get Gasol, they will do so again to help them get Chris Paul. The league is still in charge in NO and moving Paul to LA is a winner for them.  The Lakers are sunk if they don't.  We can still beat them with what we have however. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If Paul is traded to the lakers, I will be convinced the league is fixed.  They already have Okafor and West.  Why would they need Bynum and Artest.  NO is playing very well right now, and THEY would be crazy to give up Paul until they have to, or he leaves.............they would score about 120 a game with Paul......but let up 110!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Bynum is a 7 foot 20-22 year old. If he came out last year or today he would be the consensus #1 pick.

How you think he's NOT a big trading chip is perplexing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Bynum is a 7 foot 20-22 year old. If he came out last year or today he would be the consensus #1 pick. How you think he's NOT a big trading chip is perplexing.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Maybe his injury history?  BTW his knee is bothering him again.  Sam Bowie anyone?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

I was wondering when Kupchak was going to make a move. I think that move is going to be Artest. Don't be surprised if the Lakers pull off a major deal. I'm talking Bynum, Artest, Caracter and a #1 for Melo.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I don't understand this idea.  When Orlando made the trade this year and got smaller people, including me, scratched heads and asked why they willingly got smaller.  Granted, they could make another trade before the deadline for another big, but for the past two years the Lakers winning has been attributed to their giant front line... so why would they also willingly get smaller, take on a prodigious scorer when they already have one and risk being like the Miami Heat who are having problems because of their lack of size and two star players that don't actually compliment each other so well because they play too similar a style of ball?  There's zero logic in that type of move.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : I don't understand this idea.  When Orlando made the trade this year and got smaller people, including me, scratched heads and asked why they willingly got smaller.  Granted, they could make another trade before the deadline for another big, but for the past two years the Lakers winning has been attributed to their giant front line... so why would they also willingly get smaller, take on a prodigious scorer when they already have one and risk being like the Miami Heat who are having problems because of their lack of size and two star players that don't actually compliment each other so well because they play too similar a style of ball?  There's zero logic in that type of move.
    Posted by BRADinLA

Well Miami does have the third best record in the NBA.  I wouldn't say they are having too many problems.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I believe there will definitely be a trade. If it's Melo or CP I won't be complaining. As a poster noted above. Can either play with Bryant? Well Pau fit into the system pretty nicely. So it depends on the personality of the player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Maybe his injury history?  BTW his knee is bothering him again.  Sam Bowie anyone?
    Posted by OneOnOne

Here's the article on Andrew "Sam Bowie" Bynum's sore knee.

But it was Bynum's sore left knee that kept him out of practice Monday, spending the time having his knee attended to by Lakers trainer Gary Vitti.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

We can only hope Bynam and artest go for melo the lakers would have zero d against our bigs Gasol is not a low post big odem or melo cant gaurd a big 4 lakers would be swept with that lineup. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    You surprise me, Bynum is 23 and has been injury prone since he came out of high school.  His play is so spotty over the last few years how can you see him as guaranteeing anything when giving up a major player like Carmelo or Chris Paul.  

The guy does not play big minutes and a cloud hangs over his career at this very moment.  He is damaged goods.  C'mon now. He will never be a dominant player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : The Melo for Artest and Bynum trade works according to the ESPN Trade Machine. If that happens the Celtics and the rest of the NBA are in trouble!
    Posted by P34

Not necessarily. Melo and Kobe both need the ball a lot. Like Miami with Wade and Lebron...they do similar things and it isn't team ball. When the playoffs come the individual style isn't a winner.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I agree.....if NO (being run by the league) trades Paul to the Lakers....it is another questionable move that makes me wonder about this league....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Let's hope it is so obvious the league won't do it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Maybe his injury history?  BTW his knee is bothering him again.  Sam Bowie anyone?
    Posted by OneOnOne

!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I agree.....if NO (being run by the league) trades Paul to the Lakers....it is another questionable move that makes me wonder about this league....
    Posted by Duke4

With all due respect, haven't you already been convinced?  The Gasol trade was but one glaring example, and the 7th game last June was another, illustrating the League's desire to get movie stars shown on TV at games - Lakers games. To make that happen as much as possible, they have to ensure the Lakers will be there and will win.  Nothing the NBA does should surprise anyone.  Next, they'll create a new pro rata rule for techs to get Perk out of the Finals, while downgrading Artest's flagrant 2s to regular fouls.  Nothing would be beyond the possible for them; they (Stern) have (has) no shame.

Sections
Shortcuts