The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?

In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : But I assume yours isn't?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Step 1. Post comment on subject matter.
    Step 2. Await real obvious insult from OneOnOne. 
    Step 3. Feel pity, then press on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Not a big fan of John Ireland. He may travel with the team, but his knowledge of the game is questionable at best. 
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Yes, I heard the rumor that they want to change the name of the show to "Mason and McNugget".

He does have his own show, with many guests, however, and I can't recall one person saying that about Glen Ordway when I lived in MA.

More sour McNuggets, that's all it is.

Get over yourself!  And don't start with me!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Step 1. Post comment on subject matter. Step 2. Await real obvious insult from OneOnOne.  Step 3. Feel pity, then press on.

No insult just a question. yes I feel pity for other teams fans that get off coming to Celtic forums and starting  controversies.  Oh well you can't help it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hedley very well stated.  I live in LA to so the "Mason and McNugget" idea made me laugh.  The problem with that show is they never really address the reality of the Lakers and the preferential treatment they receive. 

The culture is just like the Yankees here. If there is a problem with the team they can always get someone in free agency or in bogus trades the league sends there way in times of trouble.

Laker fans being dimmer and less cerebral about their sports teams will often counter these comments I stated and say "well you got Garnett."  I always remind them we gave up half the team and three first rounders for him.  It never registers however.  I remind them Gasol came for Kwame and cap space and they go on that the Celtics are dirty or something like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Yes, I heard the rumor that they want to change the name of the show to "Mason and McNugget". He does have his own show, with many guests, however, and I can't recall one person saying that about Glen Ordway when I lived in MA. More sour McNuggets, that's all it is. Get over yourself!  And don't start with me!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    I stated that I don't care for Ireland. How in the world did you take that as a dig at you? His knowledge of sports doesn't seem to go much deeper than the front page headlines of the Times' sports section.

I have no clue who Glen Ordway is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Hedley very well stated.  I live in LA to so the "Mason and McNugget" idea made me laugh.  The problem with that show is they never really address the reality of the Lakers and the preferential treatment they receive.  The culture is just like the Yankees here. If there is a problem with the team they can always get someone in free agency or in bogus trades the league sends there way in times of trouble. Laker fans being dimmer and less cerebral about their sports teams will often counter these comments I stated and say "well you got Garnett."  I always remind them we gave up half the team and three first rounders for him.  It never registers however.  I remind them Gasol came for Kwame and cap space and they go on that the Celtics are dirty or something like that.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : I stated that I don't care for Ireland. How in the world did you take that as a dig at you? His knowledge of sports doesn't seem to go much deeper than the front page headlines of the Times' sports section. I have no clue who Glen Ordway is.

In your opinion.  And that is fine.  It just seems to me that every time someone can cite something negative about the lakers, you say they don't know anything or you don't like them.  Your act grows tiresome, and I think I'm done with you.  It is clear what your motives are on this board, and I want nothing more to do with it.

Glen Ordway, like John Ireland, has his own radio show "The Big Show with the Big O."  He formerly worked with Johnny Most (heard of him?).  I have never heard one Celtics fan say that Glen Ordway only has a superficial knowledge of basketball - not one!!  He broke the Garnett story the day I started my drive across country!

Some one must think Ireland does a good job - he get Kupchak and Jeannie Buss on his show. He interviews ALL the players.......if you consider that superficial knowledge, then more power to you!
    See ya!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Here are some stats for "the bhoys"

Tell me something:

Season2424.6107-187.5720-0.00059-88.6702.54.87.3.081.751.172.790.911.4
    Career30223.71249-2199.5680-4.000637-923.6902.24.66.7.271.481.362.721.110.4

is this a 15-10 guy?

How about these stats:
    10-11 494933.10.5270.5000.7472.05.27.22.70.91.82.03.411.8
    Career 20019333.10.5480.3330.7112.55.58.02.20.91.42.03.412.8

Know who that is?  MARC Gasol.  Seems his numbers are just as good as Bynums, both this year, and for his career............maybe they should have kept him!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : In your opinion.  And that is fine.  It just seems to me that every time someone can cite something negative about the lakers, you say they don't know anything or you don't like them.  Your act grows tiresome, and I think I'm done with you.  It is clear what your motives are on this board, and I want nothing more to do with it. Glen Ordway, like John Ireland, has his own radio show "The Big Show with the Big O."  He formerly worked with Johnny Most (heard of him?).  I have never heard one Celtics fan say that Glen Ordway only has a superficial knowledge of basketball - not one!!  He broke the Garnett story the day I started my drive across country! Some one must think Ireland does a good job - he get Kupchak and Jeannie Buss on his show. He interviews ALL the players.......if you consider that superficial knowledge, then more power to you! See ya!
    In wading through the incoherent ramblings of your post I was struck by one statement - since it is so "clear," what exactly do you think my "motives" are? I've been around this board for years - if I have motivations I sure am taking a long time getting around to them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Have to question any GM who would seriously look at trading for Artest (who is having an awful season) and Bynum (who although very talented, is always seemingly injured).

Denver have no love for the Lakers and should rather lose Melo for nothing.  The NBA won’t let Chris Paul go from the bust Hornets that easily.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Nobody will want Artest.  He has four years on his contract for six mil per. I believe he is untradable.  But I don't trust the league and what they may or may not do to the NO franchise.  They may see it like the Yankees used to think of the Kansas City A's as a farm team for them. Stern is never to be trusted in this regard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Not if Wall, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Howard, Rose, Griffith, came out.  Should I go on if we are going to use the word IF?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Did you read my post?? Some people will say anything to make their argument right. I stated if he came out last year or today.

He would go ahead of Wall because of his size. He was going to UConn so that would've played a factor too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Did you read my post?? Some people will say anything to make their argument right. I stated if he came out last year or today. He would go ahead of Wall because of his size. He was going to UConn so that would've played a factor too.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't pay attention as usual. Don't know that he would have come out before Wall though.  You are judging off of what Bynum might can do since he came to the pros. Wall had much more pub

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]When was the last time the Lakers won a championship when they didn't have HCA in the Finals? 
    Posted by BigBaby11[/QUOTE]

When was the last time the Celtics won a championship when they didn't have HCA in the finals?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Is this even written in English?  I don't understand one word of this, but let me dumb it down for you: 1.  I could care less if the lakers make a trade or not. 2.  If Bynum is so valuable, how come he is always involved in trade talks? 3.  If you can tell me why NO, who already has Okafor, and is playing really well right now, would trade their best player for another center, I'd love to hear it. 4.  They won 57 games last year, and are on pace for 57 this year.  Actually, it's 56.86, but I rounded! 5.  I am not contradictory, I am stating things that I heard on the radio -710 ESPN, LOS ANGELES - THE LAKERS STATION.  These guys have Jeannie Buss on about once a month, and they are THE LAKERS STATION.  John Ireland, who travels with the team said 3 weeks ago they were in trouble.......now, here comes the hard part for you..............I NEVER SAID THAT - that was Mr. Ireland.  I merely repeated what I heard - that is not contradictory - look it up. 6.  I could care less what you believe or don't.  You are a stalker and a hater, and your opinions mean nothing on this board.  I have several friends and colleagues who are lakers fans, in addition to my research on the trade.  All of these people know that Gasol was gifted to the lakers AFTER Bynum got hurt AND that Game 7 was very poorly officiated.  So, here is my choice.  I can take my research and the opinion of MANY lakers fans I know, or I can scrap all that and listen to you.  Let me think about that.............. Okay, I'm back.  I'm going with Option A.  Now.....you cannot change my mind, and I cannot change yours.  You can spew all the bile you want, it won't matter.  I am asking and requesting that you leave me alone, and don't respond to my posts.  You know what will happen   - ask Glasgowrangers next time you see him!!  I'm done with you - go harass someone else!

Well, you are stalking me again, and cry that I harrass you?  You have been reported to the admin for keep harassing me.

Tell me, why are you responding to every post I made? Stop spilling your venom...

As for your contradiction:

1) You on one hand use Ireland's claim to back you: quoted his claim that Bynum was the 5th option, the Lakers were in trouble, yet on the other hand, you argue against my take of trading Bynum.

Now you are saying "If Bynum is so valuable, how come he is always involved in trade talks?"

So if you doubt Bynum's value, then why was a Bynum for Paul trade bad for the Lakers? Why did you harass me for that?

Have you made up your mind yet? should Bynum be traded or not?

2) As for Gasol's to the Lakers, you have NEVER been able to argue the Celtics' luck that Bynum STAYED injured during the playoffs. He was expected to be back in the playoffs in 2008. There were many articles substantiating that and you have no way to dispute that. So your so-called research was only a feeble attempt to prove that there would be no trade had Bynum not injured, but you have no research to prove that Bynum's injury was season-ending or career-ending, not to mention that your research is nothing more than hearsay.

FACT: Bynum got injured, Gasol trade, Bynum STAYED INJURED DURING THE PLAYOFFS means Celtics' luck.

Now if you dare respond to this post, you'll be reported for stalking again. Go harass someone else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

I know it's kinda hindsight .. but why do peopel keep saying the Lakers got giftwrapped Pau Gasol ? 

Mark Gasol was in that trade too in case you forget and he's turned into a very solid center for the Grizzlies...  in fact he's a lot les 'soft' than Pau is.  His points are down this year but his stats from last year would put him up with the best centers in the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : You stalked me again? Stalker!!! So what about Marc Gasol. We know about this comparable stats already. So what about it? Are you still harassing me for suggesting the Bynum - Paul gift exchange? Why would NO get Bynum for Paul? you ask? I don't care, the league has a way to gift wrap studs to the Lakers, that's all we know...
    Posted by TheBhoys[/QUOTE]

Merely pointing out Bynum is NOT the 15-10 guy you claim!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I know it's kinda hindsight .. but why do peopel keep saying the Lakers got giftwrapped Pau Gasol ?  Mark Gasol was in that trade too in case you forget and he's turned into a very solid center for the Grizzlies...  in fact he's a lot les 'soft' than Pau is.  His points are down this year but his stats from last year would put him up with the best centers in the league.
    Posted by Stupideeediot[/QUOTE]

Because he was a throw-in.  He had ZERO NBA experience, and was a second round pick headed for obscurity on that team.  How much do Ebanks and Caracter play this year?  Phil would never have played him.   The fact he has excelled in Memphis (a bad team until this year) is irrelevant.  They could not have known he'd be this good..................but good for him!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Well hold on, it's not like they didn't have 'any' idea he was going to be good.  But yeah, he was unproven in the NBA.  What it really was, was Memphis wanting to restructure and LA capitalizing on that.  Memphis and LA both ended up better teams. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Well hold on, it's not like they didn't have 'any' idea he was going to be good.  But yeah, he was unproven in the NBA.  What it really was, was Memphis wanting to restructure and LA capitalizing on that.  Memphis and LA both ended up better teams. 
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

True, but I cannot get past the Aaron McKie part. He was retired.  That is not allowed now, you know.  Last year the Cavs wanted to upgrade by trading Wally Sczerbiak's contract (he had retired) and the league said no.  Reggie Lewis DIES and we can't get salary cap relief?

Good for Marc Gasol, and good for the lakers for pouncing on a vulnerable team, but the inequities are clear for all to see.  Sorry, that is just the way I feel!!

Sections
Shortcuts