The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal

Here's the latest rumor out of lakerland:

Now, I don't know, you tell me - would you do this?

Bynum and Odom to NOH for Chris Paul.................THEN, in a separate deal, they want to send Gasol to the Magic for Howard!!

MADNESS, I tell you, MADNESS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal

In Response to The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal:
    [QUOTE]Here's the latest rumor out of lakerland: Now, I don't know, you tell me - would you do this? Bynum and Odom to NOH for Chris Paul.................THEN, in a separate deal, they want to send Gasol to the Magic for Howard!! MADNESS, I tell you, MADNESS!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Is it only madness because you're a celtic fan?   If we could pull it off, would it still be madness?  

I'd love to get Paul and Howard but since we can't pull it off, I ain't mad if the Lakers can.  As long as they have to give up reasonable and fairly good assets in return, that's ok.  Gasol, Bynum, and Odom would be darned good assets to give up......and if I were the Magic, I'd ask for picks, as well.

What I don't like is when they got Gasol from the Grizz due to help from Jerry West and got him for what appeared to be minimal assets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal

What I don't like is when they got Gasol from the Grizz due to help from Jerry West and got him for what appeared to be minimal assets.

I'm not sure we can still say that anymore. Marc Gasol is a darn good player. He might be better than Pau Gasol at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

They should just have a four team league; LA, New York, Miami and Chicago.  The league is trash now anyways, so what will it matter.  All of this "shooting your way out of town to play with your buddies" is getting old. 

Whenever they (players and owners) talk about fan loyalty and ponying up big bucks to support the team; well fans should start running the other way.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

There is no way it can be Gasol for Howard.  That is by far even more lopsided than the Gasol for Kwame(Marc Gasol)trade.  That is laker propaganda.

NO wants Bynum and Odom they might as well file for bankruptcy now.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal:
    [QUOTE]Here's the latest rumor out of lakerland: Now, I don't know, you tell me - would you do this? Bynum and Odom to NOH for Chris Paul.................THEN, in a separate deal, they want to send Gasol to the Magic for Howard!! MADNESS, I tell you, MADNESS!

Madness is wanting Vince Carter to join the green....remember Russ?!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal : Madness is wanting Vince Carter to join the green....remember Russ?!!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

I know this is difficult for you - but try to stay on point - that is another thread, and it's past - why don't you go comment more about it over there?

Make that trade, Mitch!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    According to Mark Stein neither Orlando or NO would want Gasol they want Bynum as the key ingredient. Gasol will not make it happen for either player.  You could add Odom but really who wants to build a team with those two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

No, it was 12/5!

Note to Rico
    I have also mentioned Daniels, JRich, Crawford, JR Smith and a bunch of other people.   A DUMB suggestion is thinking Howard is going to the lakers because Dr. Buss wills it!

10:30 PM EST - and it was the last post on that thread

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal:
    [QUOTE]No, it was 12/5! Note to Rico I have also mentioned Daniels, JRich, Crawford, JR Smith and a bunch of other people.   A DUMB suggestion is thinking Howard is going to the lakers because Dr. Buss wills it! 10:30 PM EST - and it was the last post on that thread

So glad you admitted to wanting to get VC to join the green. Ugh.

Oh, you clearly think the Lakers have some shot at joining the Lakers otherwise you would not have started this thread. Maybe you could concentrate on celtic threads and possible trade scenario's....like the Celtics going after Vinsanity lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal : So glad you admitted to wanting to get VC to join the green. Ugh. Oh, you clearly think the Lakers have some shot at joining the Lakers otherwise you would not have started this thread. Maybe you could concentrate on celtic threads and possible trade scenario's....like the Celtics going after Vinsanity lol.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

HUH??

And I don'twant Vince Carter, I want JRich - I was just throwing it out there.

Like this:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217052/Rival_GM_Doesnt_Believe_Magic_Will_Take_Offer_From_Lakers_For_Howard

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Wow.... teams that have trading chips are hoping to trade them - that is quite astonishing.... now just imagine if the Cs had something worth trading.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Gasol for Rondo, anyone?
    Avery can play point...:-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal : Wow.... teams that have trading chips are hoping to trade them - that is quite astonishing.... now just imagine if the Cs had something worth trading.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

DO the trade:
    Paul, koME and Howard would have to play the whole game....Metta would have to play the "4" with the immortal Derrick Caracter, while Luke is set to log big mins with Matt Barnes.

Oh, yeah, they have pieces to trade - LO, the most inconsistent player in the league since Derrick Coleman, Bynum who has yet to play a full season, and Gasoft - yep, certainly worthy of two of the best players in the game right now!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo, Jermaine O'Neal and two first round draft picks to Orlando for Dwight Howard, Gilbert Arenas and Hedo Turkoglu. The Magic clear cap space for the free agency bonanza of 2012, obtain a long-term point guard to replace Jameer Nelson (or to flip to another team in a separate deal), and add a couple draft picks. The Celtics land their franchise bigman, albeit at the steep price of adding the bloat of Arenas and Turkoglu (although at least Turkoglu can still play key minutes for a championship-caliber team).

Dwight Howard is more important than Chris Paul, even at the expsense of future cap flexibility. As Dudder notes, centers win championships, not point guards. The Celtics could probably persuade someone like Steve Nash to sign on for short money to chase a ring. Even if they can't, there are serviceable point guards who would be available after the upcoming season. Maybe Doc Rivers could straighten out Gilbert Arenas.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I heard it was Gasol for CP3 and Bynum/Odom for Dwight.

I love that it makes the team younger. I worry that it eliminates the length that has given teams troubles the past few years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

ark Heisler: BYNUM + LAMAR = CP3: Insiders say CP3 is likelier to move. Trade protects Lakes against Drew injury, can still offer Pau for Dwight whenever TwitterLos Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Hornets, Trade, Chris Paul, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom

Hoopshype!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I think Chris Broussard theorized the trade scenario I mentioned. Regardless, the bright light shining on this trade rumor almost guarantees it won't happen now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

YEP!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217052/Rival_GM_Doesnt_Believe_Magic_Will_Take_Offer_From_Lakers_For_Howard

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

The comments in that link sound like they're coming from a pretty bitter GM. Calling what the Lakers would theoretically offer (Bynum/Odom, Gasol/Odom) "garbage" is a bit of a stretch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Interesting tidbit - trade machine says lakers wins go down 7, Hornets wins go UP 6 after the Bynum/Odom for Paul trade!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]They should just have a four team league; LA, New York, Miami and Chicago.  The league is trash now anyways, so what will it matter.  All of this "shooting your way out of town to play with your buddies" is getting old.  Whenever they (players and owners) talk about fan loyalty and ponying up big bucks to support the team; well fans should start running the other way.
    Posted by jallen1952-formelyJallen3531[/QUOTE]

There is some truths in what you write here. The league has become a bit trashy. Too many teams. Not enough talent. Too much talent stacked on a team. Basketball has changed since the 80-90s for sure. And not for the better in my opinion.
    And for years I have often said, fans should start walking the other way. Ticket prices are outrageous. If fans did just for one game, in any sport, I think it would hit the owners hard. And it would be an awesome display from fans. Imagine a professional game being played in an empty stadium. Priceless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal : There is some truths in what you write here. The league has become a bit trashy. Too many teams. Not enough talent. Too much talent stacked on a team. Basketball has changed since the 80-90s for sure. And not for the better in my opinion. And for years I have often said, fans should start walking the other way. Ticket prices are outrageous. If fans did just for one game, in any sport, I think it would hit the owners hard. And it would be an awesome display from fans. Imagine a professional game being played in an empty stadium. Priceless.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I, for one, was hoping beyond hope that this lockout would solve some of these issues.  But, alas, the owners caved once again to the prima-donnas, they can go where they want, when they want, dress how they want........there is still a small chance the deal won't  be ratified - it will be the owners fault this time....and I shall probably soon stop watching the NBA altogether and stick with coaching my HS team!!

Sections
Shortcuts