The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal

In Response to Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal:
    In Response to Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal : There is some truths in what you write here. The league has become a bit trashy. Too many teams. Not enough talent. Too much talent stacked on a team. Basketball has changed since the 80-90s for sure. And not for the better in my opinion. And for years I have often said, fans should start walking the other way. Ticket prices are outrageous. If fans did just for one game, in any sport, I think it would hit the owners hard. And it would be an awesome display from fans. Imagine a professional game being played in an empty stadium. Priceless.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Fans are walking away, the Heat did not even sell out the playoffs and every time you watch a game you see there are tons of empty seats.  The whole lockout was based on the "fact" that apparently 22 teams were losing money.  There were polls taken during the lockout that indicated that most people didn't even care that the season might be lost.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal

If the new deal was not going to break up Miami’s Big 3, it cannot preclude other teams from doing it.  I also cannot blame any team or any individual for being ambitious.  The Miami Big 3 has changed the game and now all stars know they need to join forces to compete.  As a society we place so much emphasis on winning, can we really be critical when moves are made to just do that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In Response to Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal:
    What I don't like is when the y got Gasol from the Grizz due to help from Jerry West and got him for what appeared to be minimal assets. I'm not sure we can still say that anymore. Marc Gasol is a darn good player. He might be better than Pau Gasol at this point.
    Posted by davidap

What does Marc have to do with the Pau giveaway?  The fact is, the Lakers got him for garbage (a gift), and the league turned a blind eye toward the deal. That remains a black mark against Stern, among many.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

What I don't like is when the y got Gasol from the Grizz due to help from Jerry West and got him for what appeared to be minimal assets. I'm not sure we can still say that anymore. Marc Gasol is a darn good player. He might be better than Pau Gasol at this point.
    Posted by davidap

What does Marc have to do with the Pau giveaway?  The fact is, the Lakers got him for garbage (a gift), and the league turned a blind eye toward the deal. That remains a black mark against Stern, among many.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: The madness continues....................................really hate this new deal : What does Marc have to do with the Pau giveaway?  The fact is, the Lakers got him for garbage (a gift), and the league turned a blind eye toward the deal. That remains a black mark against Stern, among many.
    Posted by painter

UH, they were traded for each other??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The Lakers have the assets for Howard or Paul, not both of them. I predict one of them will go to the Lakers and the other to the Clippers. The Knicks don't have enough flexibility to add anyone of consequence.

Sections
Shortcuts