The Market For Rondo Has Just Been Set........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

The Market For Rondo Has Just Been Set........

Tony Parker - 3 years , $45M 

So Kyle Lowery set the low end with his $48m/4yr deal..........and now Tony Parker gets $45M/3yr which is what I would consider the high end of the Rondo market

If Rondo doesn't agree to a Tony Parker type deal for $15m for 1 , 2 , 3 or 4 years BEFORE training camp start, then I think you have to trade him before the season starts and turn the page from the Rondo  Era.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: The Market For Rondo Has Just Been Set........

I agree..but he won't.

He'll wait to see what Bledsoe gets.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree..but he won't.

He'll wait to see what Bledsoe gets.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

Rondo will get much more money than that.  Whether it is in Boston or somewhere else is to be seen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Actually, TP's got $43.3M/3y - 13.4, 14.4 and 15.4.

RR has $12.9M this year. I don't think it'll make much sense for him to get $1.5-2M increase when he can $3-3.5M. The max money for him is about $17.6M.

I think he goes on a tear this season and will get $16-17M for 5 years.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from weeiweeiweei. Show weeiweeiweei's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi,

Actually, TP's got $43.3M/3y - 13.4, 14.4 and 15.4.

RR has $12.9M this year. I don't think it'll make much sense for him to get $1.5-2M increase when he can $3-3.5M. The max money for him is about $17.6M.

I think he goes on a tear this season and will get $16-17M for 5 years.

AK

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from weeiweeiweei. Show weeiweeiweei's posts

All the talk about Rondo leaving at end of the year as a free agent will not happen. Rondo is our one SUPERSTAR that can make players on the current roster stars.  Rondo has grown up, a mature person, at ease with himself. He is a natural leader these young players will run through a wall for as he can direct his troops to dislike the opposition and beat them just for this reason. 

Luckily also for us, the NBA is made up go star guards with big contracts. Luckily for us there is not a huge market for star Point Guards as most teams have one with a big contract attached. Luckily for us Ainge and Rondo have a truly strong relationship. They have a stronger one than Doc and Rondo had and really it was good as well. Brad Stevens and Rondo are made for each other. 

It does not matter how much money we pay Rondo, but he is worth a 5 yr max contract, we need to have at least one superstar to start with. Paul Pierce was our one star player before Ray and KG came. Then Paul Pierce went from all star to Hall of Famer. 

Currently on this roster Marcus Smart can rise with Rondo's help to be better than Kevin Love or Chris Bosh as far as star power and be more instrumental in winning games. Both of those players have winning intangibles that will play great together. Only one other player has the physical tools to be part of a big 3, but until now has not found the mental aspect. Yes Jeff Green. He has shown flashes. Actually in OKC he showed he was consistent and good. He can rise to a Worthy type. With two players of a Rondo and Smarts abilities pushing the ball from both sides of the court and Green running, Magic can happen.

My forecast is not for Love but trying to win every game with the 5 best players on the court in crunch time. If you remember the Celtics started to win too many games last year at different intervals and that led not to tanking directly just not your best lineups on the floor at end of games, and look back, the Celts were in close games most of the time.

Nowitzky and Pierce were drafted back to back with the 9th and 10th picks of their draft year. They are the only two players going to the HOF. I believe the 2014 drafts best two players rare Smart and Dougie McBuckets.

2014-15 Boston Celtics will make the playoffs. One great coach plus two great players will be a start. After that a team like Sacamento will get fed up with their star player Demarcus Cousin and call Danny. It happens in every sport. Brain cramps. Hmmm reminds me of yesterday in TB David a Price for Smiles and a player who will suck later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The Market For Rondo... has dried up.  

Celtics management held their Rondo trade card too long .  He will now be under-valued in the 3 or 4 possible teams that would even consider him in any trade deal.  

At this point, I would trade Rondo for an unprotected lottery pick and a nice expiring contract.  

If no trade, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2 yr $27M max offer from Danny with continued efforts to trade him asap.  Danny isn't going to let Smart wilt away on the bench.  He's a true team leader and a foundation piece for the future that needs to start at PG sooner than later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Rondo's not going to settle for what a 32-year old All-Star PG got.

It's not like Rondo is already in his 30s.

I keep saying it, Rondo will ask for the max allowable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rondo thinks he can get a max contract. I don't think he deserves that but it's his right to test the market and find out. Which is why he will be traded - but likely not until he gets some playing time etc

Tony Parker is NOT Rondo's baseline. Parker is an aging 32 year old player. No team, including the Celtics, can use that as a weapon to sign Rondo. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo thinks he can get a max contract. I don't think he deserves that but it's his right to test the market and find out. Which is why he will be traded - but likely not until he gets some playing time etc

Tony Parker is NOT Rondo's baseline. Parker is an aging 32 year old player. No team, including the Celtics, can use that as a weapon to sign Rondo. 

[/QUOTE]
    OP suggests that TParker is Rondo's ceiling.... not his baseline.

Cs don't need a "weapon" to sign Rondo.

They don't need Rondo either... no more than a boar needs teats.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

I don't think they have to give him the max, as long as they can somehow sell him on the point of bringing in more help to surround him to make runs at a championship. Don't forget, Rondo values winning more than a lot of others, his competitive fire is unreal. It is very unrealistic to see him go to a bad team just bc they offer him more money, bc he knows what losing is like and he hates it.

So, hopefully we can get a slight discount in there, and add in a no trade clause so he doesn't have to worry about the stupid annual nameless rumors about him being traded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo's not going to settle for what a 32-year old All-Star PG got.

It's not like Rondo is already in his 30s.

I keep saying it, Rondo will ask for the max allowable.

[/QUOTE]

You've also kept saying that DA will pay Rondo the max.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

The only team I can see willing and able to give Rondo $15+ million per year, and who has a star player Rondo would be interested in playing with is The Knicks.   Detriot and Sacramento are two other teams who will be interested, but I think NYK is the team Rondo would choose.

If he gets to free agency he is gone.  I have no doubt he would even take a little less money to play somewhere he can have a top 15 player to dish it to. He will be very popular in New York, they value flash over substance and that's Rondo's game.  

It will just be a shame if Rondo is allowed to walk and the Celtics get NOTHING but unusable capspace out of it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flashman. Show flashman's posts

Seem like all those internet geniuses should trust Danny. Insurance for Rondo,trade bait,free agent draw. Not bad for one pick. "Smart" Pick!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

pretty good read here, by a neutral reporter..give it a look.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/86219920/nba-boston-celtics-rajon-rondo-point-guard-value#!btKfWH

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I think he will be dealt before the start of the season

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Market For Rondo... has dried up.  

Celtics management held their Rondo trade card too long .  He will now be under-valued in the 3 or 4 possible teams that would even consider him in any trade deal.  

At this point, I would trade Rondo for an unprotected lottery pick and a nice expiring contract.  

If no trade, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2 yr $27M max offer from Danny with continued efforts to trade him asap.  Danny isn't going to let Smart wilt away on the bench.  He's a true team leader and a foundation piece for the future that needs to start at PG sooner than later.

[/QUOTE]

THIS^

Rondon't wants max...Rondon't won't get it here...he's just not worth it...nobody wants him..poor Rondon't, God got even with him for his poor attitude by screwing up his leg for him over a year ago when he should have been banking goodwill in great play for his big payday, which will now NEVER come, at least not here...DA cannot be that stupid!

To the members of the Rondo Youth Brigade, too bad....you've hitched your weak star to a broken, worthless wagon....enjoy the salty taste of your tears!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now, when do we move the gutless wonder Jeff Green?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Avery got 8 million, is very possible that Rondo will get the max here and lead us to nothing.  The guy is not that good, neither is Bradley worth what we paid for him.  We have Rondo because we can not get much for him, this has been the case for years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Avery got 8 million, is very possible that Rondo will get the max here and lead us to nothing.  The guy is not that good, neither is Bradley worth what we paid for him.  We have Rondo because we can not get much for him, this has been the case for years.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...i don't know why they paid Bradley that much money. He can't shoot, he can defend but for a short time....then he sleeps.

Now that he got the millions....he ain't running anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from flashman. Show flashman's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except for the year he got an NBA Ring,Right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

The market is not dried up for RR and he's worth 16-18 mil/yr unfortunately the Celtics management is to cheap and Rondo will walk for nothing in return!  Enjoy!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The market is not dried up for RR and he's worth 16-18 mil/yr unfortunately the Celtics management is to cheap and Rondo will walk for nothing in return!  Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Finally a modicum (that means a little bit, son) of truth.  I think Rondo is also worth 16 -18 mill.  That would be a great deal.  Unfortunately, if you've been paying attention, he wants 5/105.   He is NOT worth that.  I think if he went to DA and said 5/90 it would get done.  But maybe we can just sign Jeremy Lin next year...........yeah, there's a market for him, too!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Rondo?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

RONDON'T JUST PLAIN AIN'T WORTH IT!!!!

25. This post has been removed.