The Miami Heat has Passed the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: The Miami Heat has Passed the Celtics

I don't like when Miami  pass the Celtics. I'm even mad when Celtics fans (some not all) bad mouthing a formindable opponent, knows nothing but lecture others using their flawed basketball IQ.YellYell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The Heat are pct points ahead, big deal. It's going to be nip and tuck all year.

In the back of all these other teams minds is - "Celtics aren't at full strength"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to The Miami Heat has Passed the Celtics:
    Miami is playing on all cylinders. They've lost only 1 game the last 19. Watching James and Wade running down the court, hitting clutch shots, they have finally figured it out. It's going to be tough for Boston, tough for the league. There's a train wreck heading Boston's way and its coming out of Miami. Watch out!
    Posted by rsalas67m

Agree with you.  Miami and Orlando just keep winning games, but especially Miami.  They are really becoming a very scary team.  It will be interesting to see how many games they lose this month, if any. 
    The Celtics can't lose games that they should win.  Even without KG, the Celtics should have won last night.  A very poor defensive effort by the Celtics. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If the Heat can continue to get their Big 3 to score 85% of their points, get 70% of their rebounds and assists they will be very hard to beat.

Good luck with that for an entire season and playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

it was inevitable although i didnt think they would be playing like this, this early...i figured february or march for this kind of ball the heat are playing

and dont forget bias, we still have haslem coming back and miller still figuring things out as he gets back into shape, which will help curtail some of the minutes the big 3 are playing to be rested and ready for the playoffs

i realize the celtics arent at full strength but with a team who's core is old(miami has the oldest team in the league technically) there is no guarentee you will be healthy come playoff time either

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

This raises the question: Is HOME COURT that important? Home court is critical if you are gunning for all the marbles. Does anyone in Boston believe that had the Celtics had Home Court, they wouldn't be squiring a ring today?

Ainge & Doc know the value of having Home Court. There is a 6th player on the floor with the crowd screaming during every possession. And the refs are affected. The physical play required by the old legs to combat the speed and endurance of younger players requires the Celts to try and get Home Court.

Both Miami and Orlando will try to beat Boston in the transition game. The strategy is to get the old Celts winded and not allow Boston to set up their defense. That will require physical play and the whistles will have an affect on who's on the floor.

Rose and Brooks exposed the achilles heal of Boston. Run it down their throats every chance you get against Boston.

No Home Court, No Rings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We need Home Court.  Don't want to play a Game 7 in MIA......or ORL for that matter.  True, we lost a Game 7 in 2009, but we only had Davis and Scal at the 4 slot.  We are better now.  Both FL teams are playing well, but we have not had one game yet with our full complement of players.  Perk, KG and West are all pretty substantial in the big picture.
    And I disagree that teams can "expose" us in transition.  NO WAY do we shoot as poorly as we did against HOU for an entire series.  We make a lot of our shots so we don't have to play transition D all that much.

I hope and pray we get our injuries out of the way now, because regardless of the rants of some, when we are healthy, we are a very formidable team.  Ask the Heat, Cavs, Magic and lakers of last year!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Injuries are the C's biggest opponent, not the Heat, not the Magic, not losing out on home court advantage in the playoffs.
    This is an 82 game preseason.  And as much as I'd like to see the Celtics have the #1 seed for the regular season, it's not as important as them being healthy and rested when May rolls around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

concur. the Cs plan to take the same method into the playoffs this year as they did last year and will attempt to improve on their results with the benefit of hindsight. i.e. more size, more depth (resulting in more rest), more experience, etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

So...?
    Last year there were 3 teams ahead of Celtics. If I remember correctly, by the end of May they were successfully playing golf.
    Also, I don't think that the best team at the end of regular season gets any tangible prizes such as Larry O'Brian trophy, rings, etc.
    Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the main goal for Celtics is to get to the playoffs HEALTHY. If they can achieve it they can beat any NBA team in best-of-7.

AK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think you are all overlooking the fact that the Celtics beat CLE and ORL in 6 games.  I maintain, if a Game 7 was played in CLE or ORL, WE would be the ones playing golf.................oh yeah, and Game 6 for us was a HOME game, except in the Finals.

How'd it work out in the Finals??  You may or may not remember, but I said I did not want to play a Game 7 in LA.  We should have won in 5 or 6 (if we were going to win).  HCA is very crucial, I do NOT think we can repeat last year's performance.......even the lakers were 11-1 at home, 5-6 on the road in the playoffs................AND  for those keeping score, we were 5-7 on the road last year in the playoffs.........hardly dominant!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I will keep beating the same drum until the playoffs. When the playoffs start and coaches have to game plan from game #1 to #5 or #7 it becomes an entirely different style. Don't tell me Coach Spo is going to outcoach Doc?

LeBron and Wade love life when they can torch Milw one night and then go to Ind the next night and do the same thing.

We saw this with the Cavs. Blow through the regular season and then when coaching takes over. LeBron doesn't know what to do because the lane is shut down and the other team knows all your sets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: The Miami Heat has Passed the Celtics:
    I will keep beating the same drum until the playoffs. When the playoffs start and coaches have to game plan from game #1 to #5 or #7 it becomes an entirely different style. Don't tell me Coach Spo is going to outcoach Doc? LeBron and Wade love life when they can torch Milw one night and then go to Ind the next night and do the same thing. We saw this with the Cavs. Blow through the regular season and then when coaching takes over. LeBron doesn't know what to do because the lane is shut down and the other team knows all your sets.
    Posted by BiasLewis

spoelstra doesnt have to out-coach doc...

lebron and wade and bosh have to show up, ready to play and get the bench to play good, hard nosed defense and all will be well with the heat

the cavs had one 1 superstar and a bunch of also rans, the heat 2 and a half super stars...wade, lebron and bosh are each capable of dropping 30 plus on any given night...who else on the cavs was capable of 30 per night? no one

and the heat are playing great defense

good luck

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: The Miami Heat has Passed the Celtics : spoelstra doesnt have to out-coach doc... lebron and wade and bosh have to show up, ready to play and get the bench to play good, hard nosed defense and all will be well with the heat the cavs had one 1 superstar and a bunch of also rans, the heat 2 and a half super stars...wade, lebron and bosh are each capable of dropping 30 plus on any given night...who else on the cavs was capable of 30 per night? no one and the heat are playing great defense good luck
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Do you really believe Bosh will outplay KG and Chalmers will outplay Rondo?? Will the Heat bench outplay the C's bench? That's what it's going to take for the Heat to win the series. PP, RA, DWade and LeBron will all equal each other out.

Good Luck

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Simple math - if MeBron gets 30, Wade gets 25 and Bosh gets 25, that's 80.  Hold the rest of the team under 20 and you have a good shot.  This is what they have been doing lately, anyway.  Bosh is great one night, Wade the next, then MeBron has to go for 44 to beat the Blazers in OT.  I think we can beat them, I would just prefer to not play a Game 7 in MIA!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: The Miami Heat has Passed the Celtics : Do you really believe Bosh will outplay KG and Chalmers will outplay Rondo?? Will the Heat bench outplay the C's bench? That's what it's going to take for the Heat to win the series. PP, RA, DWade and LeBron will all equal each other out. Good Luck
    Posted by BiasLewis

it depends on how healthy KG is in said series...

and chalmers doesnt have to outplay rondo, just somewhat contain him

the heat bench plus a healthy mike miller and udonis haslem has enough to outplay the c's bench

pp and ra arent as good as wade and lebron...to think they cancel each other out is ridiculous

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Simple math - if MeBron gets 30, Wade gets 25 and Bosh gets 25, that's 80.  Hold the rest of the team under 20 and you have a good shot.  This is what they have been doing lately, anyway.  Bosh is great one night, Wade the next, then MeBron has to go for 44 to beat the Blazers in OT.  I think we can beat them, I would just prefer to not play a Game 7 in MIA!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

the way things appear for now, looks like the C's are going to have to

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Posted by hedleylamarr

OK, Headley,
    you convinced me: we'll beat them in 6 games.
    Also, I hope you're aware that there's a possibility that we may play Orl.
    As for scoring from the 2.5, I doubt very much that they can get 80 points against Celtics defense.

AK

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I don't think Boston is worried or concerned about Miami. Boston team is designed for the playoffs while Miami team is more designed for regular season. Miami simply are not deep to face the Celtics in a playoffs setting. Their two glarring weaknesses, Center and Point guard, are Celtics strenghts. And Miami needs to beef-up these two departments in order to challenge the Celtics in the playoffs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

To consider: if you do not want people responding to your posts, you really shouldn't be commenting on a message board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

To consider: if you do not want people responding to your posts, you really shouldn't be commenting on a message board.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Nice to have trolls telling Celtics what to do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Posted by FlobusMcNugget

YOU can respond all you want - he is a coward who never shows his face after a Heat loss, then attacks everyone who disagrees with him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

In the play-offs, most games are refereed more loosely, allowing players to play at a more physical level. This benefits defensive teams. Most fast break teams are forced into half court games more often.

The Celtics are built for the play-offs.

The Cs and the Heat are now tied in the lost column, and both teams play 82 games. KG will be back soon and the Celtics will go back to dominating the league again as they did before his absence.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I think you are all overlooking the fact that the Celtics beat CLE and ORL in 6 games.  I maintain, if a Game 7 was played in CLE or ORL, WE would be the ones playing golf.................oh yeah, and Game 6 for us was a HOME game, except in the Finals. How'd it work out in the Finals??  You may or may not remember, but I said I did not want to play a Game 7 in LA.  We should have won in 5 or 6 (if we were going to win).  HCA is very crucial, I do NOT think we can repeat last year's performance.......even the lakers were 11-1 at home, 5-6 on the road in the playoffs................AND  for those keeping score, we were 5-7 on the road last year in the playoffs.........hardly dominant!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Dont think where we played mattered... Perk was not there thus we lost some rebounds and intimidation... if we are not healthy we lose.. it doesnt matter where we play

Sections
Shortcuts