The missing piece

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

The missing piece

Danny and Doc have spent a lot of time and money chasing that big man that would round out our roster and make us a championship team since the magical '08 season ended.  However, to me it is clear that the guy we miss most is not a big, it is POSEY. 
    Think about that season: did we ever finish big games with Perk, BBD, or Pollard? Never!  Only once I can recall with PJ , but most of the times it was Posey with the Big 3 and Rondo or House.
    Think about this: what a downgrade it is now to go from Posey to BBD (who sucked @$$ tonight!) as the fifth Celtic on the floor to close out games.  What really kills me is that all he wanted was mid-level money, which is what we've given to Sheed and Jermaine.
    Think about this: would you have given up Sheed or Jermaine to have Posey in the past two years?  I definitely would.  Forget what happened to Perk last year, I say that if we went into that series with Posey Banner 18 would have been won last year! 
    DA make a collosal mistake letting Pose walk!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: The missing piece

I agree.  I never understood why we let him go and didn't fight harder for him.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to The missing piece:
    Danny and Doc have spent a lot of time and money chasing that big man that would round out our roster and make us a championship team since the magical '08 season ended.  However, to me it is clear that the guy we miss most is not a big, it is POSEY.  Think about that season: did we ever finish big games with Perk, BBD, or Pollard? Never!  Only once I can recall with PJ , but most of the times it was Posey with the Big 3 and Rondo or House. Think about this: what a downgrade it is now to go from Posey to BBD (who sucked @$$ tonight!) as the fifth Celtic on the floor to close out games.  What really kills me is that all he wanted was mid-level money, which is what we've given to Sheed and Jermaine. Think about this: would you have given up Sheed or Jermaine to have Posey in the past two years?  I definitely would.  Forget what happened to Perk last year, I say that if we went into that series with Posey Banner 18 would have been won last year!  DA make a collosal mistake letting Pose walk!
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

I have to agree with you on not re-signing Posey. I liked the guy, but I think Danny's achilles heel is not drafting big men. He has only drafted 2 bigmen so far, and this needs to change. Games are won in the paint, not by jump shooting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

A super star. We had one in KG, but i'm afraid his time has passed!!

Sections
Shortcuts