The more I watch Jeff Green the

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

The more I watch Jeff Green the

The more I watch Jeff Green the more I think it will be dificult to trade him for equal value.  We have the same problem with Rondo, we have tried to trade him but the offers were less than his real valuse.  Jeff Green is in the same boat, the guy just does not bring it at most critical times.  He has flashes, so we should name him FLASH.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Re: The more I watch Jeff Green the

The operative term here is "value."  

It sounds like a circular argument when we say that we want to get rid of a player whom we no longer value, while at the same time worrying about getting equal value for him. That usually means an as good or even better player. 

But equal value would actually be a player whose other team no longer values him. 

In this case, though, the issue is making the salary values equate, which can have absolutely nothing to do with basketball playing value. Eddy Curry and Desagana Diop come quickly to mind, and Gerald Wallace is in the neighborhood.

Jeff Green is not anybody's answer at SF. He is becoming, day by day, a tall, bad ball-handling SG who can't make a passing play and can't defend other SGs.

Who's the match for that?  And unless it's an expiring contract, who cres?

The goal should be to make a money match for 2-3 role players who can play the entire court and hope one sticks down the road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

As big of a fan of Jeff as I am, he is not stepping up like I believed he would. He has moments when he looks like he could be one of the most dominating players in the league, BUT he just doesn't have that, " I'm better than you and you will have to stop me because I'm going to do what I'm going to do and you can't stop me" mindset. I just think he doesn't believe in his self. It shows when he is in position to go up and over instead he falls away or when he gets the ball and seems like he hasn't decided what to do with it until he gets it and he most definately gives who ever is guarding him way too much respect. I hope he turns it around, but I am starting to lose faith in him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

he's not michael jordan or paul pierce. he's scottie pippen or james worthy. the problem is we don't have a michael jordan or a (younger) paul pierce. if we had very good 1st or second options, green's a solid third option. but i don't think he'll ever be a 1st option type player. as stated above, he just does not have that killer instinct necessary to make him consistently dangerous.

he's also not really a 2 guard. or a 4. he's a 3. and with our 2 and 5 positions below average, teams can key on him. which he's not good enough to overcome.

basically, we need lots of improvement. whether green (rondo too) is a part of the future remains to be seen. but clearly neither of them is THE guy. so danny need to make some decisions fairly quickly. are these guys a part of the future of this franchis or not? if not, then you get something back that you can use in your turnaround, whether it's a player or picks or whatever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

The entire team needs to stablize. Not just Green. Most of the team is playing like they really don't understand their roles. Seems like they're just logging minutes. Playing without a purpose. We lack a well defined team leader. Give Rondo a month and he will fix this problem. Or, maybe it gets resoloved at the trade deadline. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

some of them are probably just waiting for the other foot to fall and their trade to be announced. i imagine it's hard to play hard night in and night out when you're not sure if you'll be around next month.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Hopefully a playoff bound teamwill need him.  Of course most of those teams dont have good draft picks.  If we keep him, he is like a 4th scorer on a good team. He will be 28 next season, pretty late to mature.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

some of them are probably just waiting for the other foot to fall and their trade to be announced. i imagine it's hard to play hard night in and night out when you're not sure if you'll be around next month.

[/QUOTE]
    I think your on to something there,this teams attitude since it was rumored that we were trading for Asik, seems to have totally gone down the tubes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The more I watch Jeff Green the more I think it will be dificult to trade him for equal value.  We have the same problem with Rondo, we have tried to trade him but the offers were less than his real valuse.  Jeff Green is in the same boat, the guy just does not bring it at most critical times.  He has flashes, so we should name him FLASH.

[/QUOTE]

But, but, but, but, Jeff Green is James Worthy according to Fungy...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Celtics 17 draft picks in the next 5 years. Thanks Danny!!!!

Lakers 6 draft picks in the next five years. Thanks JIMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

There's no comparison between the two. Jeff Green is untradeable. Rondo is not. 

Also: getting equal value in a trade is almost always difficult because of a concept called leverage. The other team has to need your player as much if not more than you need to get rid of him. 

So, once it is known you have put a player on the block, his value immediately goes down. This is what happened with Asik and why Houston backed off from trading him as they had lost their leverage. 

Green is on an untradeable contract so you can enjoy his random stylings and soft play for another couple years.  :)

Rondo's future is less certain due to injury recovery and a pending free agency and/or new contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lakers - four first round draft picks for Ramon Sessions and Steve Nash.

Thanks Jimmy!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

[/QUOTE]

did you really put jeff green and scottie pippen in the same sentence? LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.

Pippen could defend at least 3 positions, pass, score, rebound, get to wherever he wanted to go with the ball, and had an attitude.

Green can sometimes score, is a mediocre defender at best, a horrible passer, cannot go anywhere cleanly with the ball, usually bails out when confronted at the rim, but mostly, plays with no edge about him at all.

Truly, what effect did he have on the game last night? He may as well not have played! You never would say that of Pippen and Worthy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you sleep with DA ? You have lots of inside information.Did Danny told you that he tryed to trade Rondo? Let us know when you have more inside informations.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

neither green nor rondo have any real value.  that's the crux of the problem.  green just doesn't try hard most of the time.  and wrong-dough just....................  doesn't try hard most of the time either

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Jeff Green has the talent to be great. doesn't have the heart, work ethic or want to be great.

as a team's 3rd option he's really good. as a #1 or 2 option your team has issues then

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

he's probably closer to worthy than pippen, admittedly. the point i was trying to make is that he's probably never going to be the go-to guy. but you're right, i may have overreached in comparing him to pippen. of course, if green was playing alongside MJ, who knows... ;)

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

he's not michael jordan or paul pierce. he's scottie pippen or james worthy. the problem is we don't have a michael jordan or a (younger) paul pierce. if we had very good 1st or second options, green's a solid third option. but i don't think he'll ever be a 1st option type player. as stated above, he just does not have that killer instinct necessary to make him consistently dangerous.

he's also not really a 2 guard. or a 4. he's a 3. and with our 2 and 5 positions below average, teams can key on him. which he's not good enough to overcome.

basically, we need lots of improvement. whether green (rondo too) is a part of the future remains to be seen. but clearly neither of them is THE guy. so danny need to make some decisions fairly quickly. are these guys a part of the future of this franchis or not? if not, then you get something back that you can use in your turnaround, whether it's a player or picks or whatever.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'm not convinced that jeff green is overpaid for what he gives us. again, he's not michael jordan or even paul pierce. but 9.4 mil seems fair for 16 points, 5 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 43% shooting, 36% from 3, 77% from the line. there are a lot of guys out there making more money and producing a lot less.

so i don't think either green or rondo are untradable. in fact, i'm starting to think that at least one of them will be gone before next season begins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The ONLY thing Jeff Green has is athleticism.  He doesn't even have above average skills (shooting, passing, dribbling, rebounding, defense).  His overall skillset is average at best.

And he severely lacks in the mental part of the game.  He disappears too much and his basketball IQ is not that high.  He doesn't appear to have that fire, passion every time he steps out on the court to be the best Jeff Green.

Green should NEVER be put in the same sentence as Pippen and Worthy.  We may as well keep him with the idea that his future is that of a 6th or 7th man coming off the bench.  I just don't see us getting much in return for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I find it hard to envision another team, especially a contender, giving up assets for Jeff Green at his salary slot.  Jeff Green is not a #1 option, and although he's not being paid as a bona fide #1 option, he makes a lot of money for someone who can disappear as easily as he can dominate a game.  If he can't score 20 PPG a night on a team in desperate need for a scorer then that says something about his consistency. 

He is a 3rd-4th option on a good team.  And while that's not a bad thing, what is that worth on the trade market at his salary and contract length? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Portland might be a good fit for Green. They need depth at SF. Green would be an improvement over Dorell Wright. Portland is over $9mil under the tax line and have the 4th best record in the NBA. Now is a golden opportunity to strike. The money shouldn't be a problem for them.

ESPN Trade Machine: Green to Portland

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This analysis is right on target. " if we had very good 1st or second options, green's a solid third option. but i don't think he'll ever be a 1st option type player" If a trade develops that appears to offer us more benefit, great. There was a time when we had great 1st and 2nd options to the point Green was seen as a valuable player. At some point, that situation will repeat itself. At that time will we wish we still had Jeff Green?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Put down the opium pipe kid, he's not even in the same ballpark as these two!  Carcajada 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Lakers 5 championships in 7 NBA Finals.  Thanks Mitch!!!!!
    Celtics 1 championships in 2 NBA Finals.  Thanks Danny!

Missingteeth

Sections
Shortcuts