The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets:
    In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : Triple doubles in the playoffs are a dime a dozen. Rondo does it all the time.
    Posted by jtkl

It was the first GAME 7 triple double in history but why let the facts get in the way of a good story...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets:
    In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : Actually Danny is too smart to make a call about trading Rondo.
    Posted by jtkl

Exactly he has too much else to do than to be wasting other people's time as well as his own.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : It was the first GAME 7 triple double in history but why let the facts get in the way of a good story...
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Wow! if he gets 5-6 more he will tie Rondo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : Exactly he has too much else to do than to be wasting other people's time as well as his own.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

And he has the best passing and defensive point guard in the game already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : Wow! if he gets 5-6 more he will tie Rondo.
    Posted by jtkl

Well maybe by the time he is 25 he will have that many........not likely though because he can shoot and score so he doesn't pass as much.... whereas Rondo is filming a deodorant commercial all by himself at the top of the circle passing up uncontested jumpers on a team where the GM said "our defense was fine, our offense really let us down".....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : Well maybe by the time he is 25 he will have that many........not likely though because he can shoot and score so he doesn't pass as much.... whereas Rondo is filming a deodorant commercial all by himself at the top of the circle passing up uncontested jumpers on a team where the GM said "our defense was fine, our offense really let us down".....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Well some people want a ball hog in their point guards and some people want one that can run an offense. Your right though it's unlikely that he will catch Rondo on the triple double front.  That's for pass first point guards like Magic Johnson or Rajon Rondo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

in the playoffs per 40 minutes with Rondo on the court

Ray Allen averaged 20 points. with him off the court 9.

With Rondo on court Paule Pierce averaged 20 points with him off 17.

Nice to have a pass first point guard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Westbrooks had an horrible % yesterday.
    He is still on his way to be a PG (cause he was a 2 in college).

But:
    His FT % and the amount a FT he takes, makes up for a lot of his shooting.
    He is not afraid to shoot and to go to the rim that is why the defense always takes him serious.
    For Rondo it is more a mind thing than a shooting thing. He was so afraid to shoot and the defender played so far off him that in parts of the miami series he and bis teammates just didn't know what to do with the ball.
    In this condition not even Westbrook is better than Rondo but Kidd and Barea as well. I really hope Rondo can solve this because with the big 3 aging a non-shooting PG (Kidd or Paul are pass first PGs) will kill this team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : Well some people want a ball hog in their point guards and some people want one that can run an offense. Your right though it's unlikely that he will catch Rondo on the triple double front.  That's for pass first point guards like Magic Johnson or Rajon Rondo.
    Posted by jtkl

In the past 20 years the Spurs, Lakers, and Bulls have won 15 of the 20 championships.  In those 20 years only Billups and Parker are what I would even call good point guards that won titles.  The rest of the time the point guard was generally irrelevant in the vast majority of those titles.

I know it is probably impossible for you wrap your head around but only in Boston is the phrase pass-first-point guard even in the vocabulary.  Outside of Boston the term is point guard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

You argue more about facts within arguments more than you do about the actual matter at hand. It's a joke, and you're a joke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Hey Dudder how come you haven't addressed the fact that you blatantly lied about Westbrook having the only triple double in a game 7 trying to prove some point and then have the audacity to talk about getting facts straight . Funny how that works.
    Posted by tompenny

I apologize if I mistated a fact but I am certain that I heard the announcers say that it was the first time in playoff history that someone had a triple double in a game 7.  I will go back and figure out what I obviously misunderstood.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : I apologize if I mistated a fact but I am certain that I heard the announcers say that it was the first time in playoff history that someone had a triple double in a game 7.  I will go back and figure out what I obviously misunderstood.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

apology accepted.  We all know its not your first time to "Mistate a fact"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The Announcer said it was the first triple double in a game 7 since Scottie Pippen in the early 90s.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : apology accepted.  We all know its not your first time to "Mistate a fact"
    Posted by OneOnOne

Again, my apologies.......

I heard it was the first but apparently it is the 5th.....

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/05/16/westbrook-makes-history-with-game-7-triple-double/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : Again, my apologies....... I heard it was the first but apparently it is the 5th..... http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/05/16/westbrook-makes-history-with-game-7-triple-double/
    Posted by TheDUDDER

No Worries it happens. Westbrook is a great player, he is not having a great playoffs though. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : No Worries it happens. Westbrrok is a great player, he is not having a great playoffs though. 
    Posted by jtkl

A few great games excepted of course. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : A few great games excepted of course. 
    Posted by jtkl

Having a terrible year in the playoffs...... a few games excepted of course!

24 ppg, 7 assists per game, 5.4 rebounds per game, shooting 40% from the field, 32% from the 3 (12 of 38), and 85% (91 of 107 - 3 times as many freebies taken as Rondo and made almost 3 times as many as Rondo even took - didn't his coach suggest that he is most effective when getting to the rim?) from the line, 1.5 steals per game, and 4.4 turnovers per game with a half a block per game........

Now let's look at what we are saddled with.....
    14 points per game, 5.4 rebounds per game, 9.5 assists, 1 steal, 3.7 turnovers per game, no blocks at all and missed all of his 5 3s, 24 of 38 from the line....

How do we reconcile this?

Well Westbrook is part of his team's offense, Rondo is not.  Rondo gets more assists because he does everything he can do to avoid shooting, if Rondo took the shots Westbrook takes Rondo would should 25% not 48%, Rondo only shoots if it is a layup and missed the most crucial one in Celtics history, Westbrook makes almost a third of his 3s, Rondo still asks the coaches what the semicircle actually means, Rondo avoids going to the line and when he gets there misses two thirds of them, Westbrook gets there 3 times as often and makes 3 almost three times the percentage).

Based on the stats above it is very apparent to me that Westbrook is having an horrendous playoff run (lmao)..... oh and um... his team is still playing and Rondo is rollerskating and probably making excuses about not making team USA while Westbrook led the team to the gold medal......

I wonder if anyone guards Westbrook?  Well not so much since pretty much nobody can.  I wonder if anyone guards Rondo?  LMAO......

Westbrook can continue to have these types of terrible playoff runs and then someday maybe when he is Rondo's age he will be good enough to even discuss he and Rondo in the same sentence..... LMAOROTFL.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

In Response to Re: The more Westbrook plays in the postseason the worse he gets : Having a terrible year in the playoffs...... a few games excepted of course! 24 ppg, 7 assists per game, 5.4 rebounds per game, shooting 40% from the field, 32% from the 3 (12 of 38), and 85% (91 of 107 - 3 times as many freebies taken as Rondo and made almost 3 times as many as Rondo even took - didn't his coach suggest that he is most effective when getting to the rim?) from the line, 1.5 steals per game, and 4.4 turnovers per game with a half a block per game........ Now let's look at what we are saddled with..... 14 points per game, 5.4 rebounds per game, 9.5 assists, 1 steal, 3.7 turnovers per game, no blocks at all and missed all of his 5 3s, 24 of 38 from the line.... How do we reconcile this? Well Westbrook is part of his team's offense, Rondo is not.  Rondo gets more assists because he does everything he can do to avoid shooting, if Rondo took the shots Westbrook takes Rondo would should 25% not 48%, Rondo only shoots if it is a layup and missed the most crucial one in Celtics history, Westbrook makes almost a third of his 3s, Rondo still asks the coaches what the semicircle actually means, Rondo avoids going to the line and when he gets there misses two thirds of them, Westbrook gets there 3 times as often and makes 3 almost three times the percentage). Based on the stats above it is very apparent to me that Westbrook is having an horrendous playoff run (lmao)..... oh and um... his team is still playing and Rondo is rollerskating and probably making excuses about not making team USA while Westbrook led the team to the gold medal...... I wonder if anyone guards Westbrook?  Well not so much since pretty much nobody can.  I wonder if anyone guards Rondo?  LMAO...... Westbrook can continue to have these types of terrible playoff runs and then someday maybe when he is Rondo's age he will be good enough to even discuss he and Rondo in the same sentence..... LMAOROTFL.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Westbrook is the epitome of over-rated.  Just so that we're on the same page here, stating that a particular point guard is better based solely on the fact that his team is still playing in the playoffs while the other one's team got eliminated, is not a valid argument (especially when that point guard plays with Kevin Durant who's a total beast rather than aging vets).

You got to be kidding me!  40% is horrible shooting period, and by the way this simply can't be explained away as a poor playoff performance as he typically averages around 42-43% from the field.  I realize that Rondo can't shoot but Westbrook is just as bad.  The only edge that Westbrook has over Rondo is his FT% which is normally pretty good.

I know that you may disagree with me on this, but Rondo is the better player.  Westbrook may give you 20 ppg but that's because he's the 2nd scoring option on his team when in reality he should be either the 3rd or 4th option.  Rondo can score and if he was hitting even 70% of his free throws then he'd probally would have been averaging about 16-17 ppg easily (all those misses definately hurts him in this regard).  Is Rondo the best PG?  No, but I'd personally rank him #6 behind only Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Steve Nash, & John Wall (only because I think he's better that his 40%FG percentage would indicate.  I think starting next season he'll be more like a 46% shooter from the field).  Westbrook is #7 in my opinion, followed by Jason Kidd, Billips, and then Parker rounding out my top 10.

Sections
Shortcuts