The most alarming post-trade trend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

The most alarming post-trade trend

No defense

Almost every game after the trade has been a high-scoring game.  I'm alarmed that a team whose identity is defense is giving up so many points.

Can the injured bigs get healthy enough to gel with team defense in time for the playoffs?

Did trading Perkins wreck Rondo?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: The most alarming post-trade trend

We would have to ask Rondo how he feels so we wouldn't infer anything or ASSume.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: The most alarming post-trade trend:
    [QUOTE]The most alarming post trade trend is all the whinning on this message board. We are 5-1 since the trade, and half the team is injured. Chill out.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU. i swear have the ppl on this board 1. arent true celtic fans, but bandwagon fans that go game by game. and 2. Dont watch basketball and realize that stinkers happen. 

its actually getting annoying, i think im gunna stop coming to this site after losses bc everyone acts like that loss defines our entire team and season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

JamezHill24,
    I with you on this. I knew this negativity was coming after last nights loss to the Clips. In case some of you have not noticed but last night the entire 2nd unit had players that were not even on the team 2 weeks ago. Doc is trying to get these guys some playing time to learn the sets and rotations. Of course the defense is going to suffer while this happens. Does anyone really believe that the 2nd unit playing last night will be the one playing in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Amen to the previous posts, however, I am worried about the total lack of basketball ability shown by Troy Murphy. Didn't this guy take SOME of his millions and hire a trainer to keep him in shape? Didn't he use the Golden State or New Jersey staff to keep him sharp as far as conditioning and basic basketball skills were concerned? He can't claim now that he's 'out of shape' or out of sorts as far as shooting, passing, heck even basic boxing out under the boards. It's like he never played a game of basketball in his life! Right now, MURPHY's pathetic on court performance and hang dog, confused demeanor are the worsr post trade trends to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

for me the worst post trade trend is that even though we got rid of an offensive zero like perkins, the team still goes through vast periods of time on a nightly basis with rondo holding or bouncing the ball at the top of the key and staring at everyone else. 

sometimes, this cat has to make moves to mitigate the sag-clog approach that most teams in the league have taken on him.  too many games it's half or 3/4 of the game that goes by before he becomes more active.

i figured getting rid of perkins would make this better but it's still pretty much the same amount of rondo-killing-time each game, despite the improved overall ball flow on offense once the ball gets out of rondo's hands.  many of krstic's buckets are coming off of passes from pierce and garnett!

i really don't know.  if poor rajon is really sad about perkins being gone to the point where he's wearing it on his sleeve then maybe he goes next.  perskins did nothing as a result of rondo's game, that is to say that perkins can't catch the ball and therefore did not get ANYTHING from playing w/ rondo, all perk's shots were from offensive glass or garbage clean ups!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I got to tell you that was very frustrating last night watching Rondo just stand there at the top of the key and letting the 24 second clock just tick away and they would get off some bad forced shot. Tommy Heinsohn was screaming at one point for Rondo to speed up the flow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The most alarming post-trade trend : Agreed.  You have four roation guys out, Shaq, JO, D-West, and Baby, and a new guys getting acclimated.  Last year this team would have given up on this game and possibly lost three others in the last week.  I am not worried at all and I am loving the ability of kristic to pick up points and knock down free throws... 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Krstic is also getting a lot of offensive rebounds. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think I understand how you would like this board to behave.  Maybe I can summarize. From now on:

1. Nobody shall criticize any Celtic player for any reason. 
    2. After a loss, do not complain nor criticize the team for any reason.
    3. Pretend that everything is good and can't get better.
    4. When in doubt, blame injuries.
    5. Analysis, debate and especially opinion is a bad thing.
    6. Denial is a good, less painful, thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I think I understand how you would like this board to behave.  Maybe I can summarize. From now on: 1. Nobody shall criticize any Celtic player for any reason.  2. After a loss, do not complain nor criticize the team for any reason. 3. Pretend that everything is good and can't get better. 4. When in doubt, blame injuries. 5. Analysis, debate and especially opinion is a bad thing. 6. Denial is a good, less painful, thing.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

Funny!  I like it, Eldunker!

Seriously, this is supposed to be a team that prides itself on defense, but remember that these new players have not played in our defensive system for years like others.  Green and Krstic do not know the system and have had almost NO practice time in our system (no training camp, no pre-season, not a lot of games, etc).   Add to that Mr. Rondo clearly not being at his best (stinking it up right now) and then add that the team has a massive number of injuries.  

When Danny made the trade, a lot of people were rightfully excited about the positives.  But, some warned about the negatives.  I still think Danny pulled off a great set of moves (except letting Semih go for almost nothing).  But, there are some issues.  So we are 5 and 1 and we see some bright spots.  Great.  As warned, there are a few concerns....like the fact that teams come back easily and we are allowing more points to be scored.  Clearly, our defense has suffered.  That's what happens when you try to incorporate new players in a system mid-year.....and those new players have to play a major role because the normal subs (West, BBD, Shaq, Wafer JON) are injured.

This is to be expected.  It may cost us the best record in the East.  Its a gamble and only time will tell if the gamble worked out.  In the meantime, we'll all go through a lot of ups and downs.   Its totally fair for fans to be worried about it and to criticize one of the key guys in this process (Rondo).  If we give him the all star praise when he's doing well, he can take the criticism when he's stinking it up (and clearly, he's one of the big swing factors during these last few games).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

[QUOTE]I think I understand how you would like this board to behave.  Maybe I can summarize. From now on: 1. Nobody shall criticize any Celtic player for any reason.  2. After a loss, do not complain nor criticize the team for any reason. 3. Pretend that everything is good and can't get better. 4. When in doubt, blame injuries. 5. Analysis, debate and especially opinion is a bad thing. 6. Denial is a good, less painful, thing.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

1. Nothing wrong with critising a player. Everyone has their opinion.
    2. Same as #1
    3. With the new additions, obviously the team has alot of improving to do.
    4. Although injuries are part of the game, they have had an impact on the overall team play especially the defense.
    5. Nope, all those are good.
    6. Who is in denial.
    At least for me in regards to my intial comment, I am saying that any dedicated hard core fan had to know that the defense would suffer with the new players. So how can this be an alarming trend. The OP seems shocked by the decline in the defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE] That's what happens when you try to incorporate new players in a system mid-year.....and those new players have to play a major role because the normal subs (West, BBD, Shaq, Wafer JON) are injured. This is to be expected.  It may cost us the best record in the East.  Its a gamble and only time will tell if the gamble worked out.  In the meantime, we'll all go through a lot of ups and downs.  Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Good post, just don`t get this part.
    Without that trade we would have no chance going 5-2 during the last stretch.
    There was a time when (almost) all (!) the players we traded were injured.
    Without that trade we would have only 6-7 healthy players including 3 freshman.
    The most impact of all the players we traded has perk an he is still out...

So far, we just won with that trade! In the Play-Offs it is a different thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

When Shaq was out but before Perk came back we were giving up 104-107 points per game... when Shaq was here it was mid 90's... small sample size of about 10 games, including the two he played almost no mins in... but still, big fella is needed

Kristic is like a slighty better Semih

In those 10 games of no Perk OR Shaq, Semih gave us 26-27 mins w/ 8-9 points and 4 rebounds

Sections
Shortcuts