the most reasonable approach to this season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the most reasonable approach to this season?

in my humble opinion, unless someone we can't take a pass on lands in our laps, we play out the season, enjoy what may be the last year of the big 3 in boston, and look toward next year. paul and howard are both franchise type players, but both are also flawed. i wouldn't have mortaged the future on either one anyway. frankly, i thought rondo, green, and 2 first rounders was kind of overpaying for a player with bad knees, never mind the fact that he wouldn't sign an extension here.

i just think we play this year out and save our money for the next two FA classes. there are some big time FAs in 2012 and 2013, even without paul and howard.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: the most reasonable approach to this season?

I Agree with Kaktug - lets roll the bones with the Big Three (Core4 w/Rondo)
    for Year #5 of one of the GREATEST ERA's in Boston Celtics history

The KG / Paul Pierce / Ray Allen Boston Celtics have exceeded all expectations , one championship and another Finals appearance that went to last 2 minutes of Game 7....last year a blown layup by Rondo let Miami off the ropes and we let another Final appearance slip away...

I look forward to watching EVERY GAME of this season - Danny Ainge and Celtics Ownership have given the fans a great 4 yr mini-dynasty and now we get to enjoy year 5 !

A 66 game schedule gives the Celtics a better chance than ever and Ainge's aggressive off season bargain shopping has the Celtics bench looking stronger than last years

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!!!!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Exactly, we are much better than many think.  The big three are still very good.  Our two new power forwards are good. Jeff Green may suprise if healthy.  The rookies are liked by Doc and that is important. We have a good backup point.  Jo and Daniels could give us something good.  But we will get to see if Rondo is a keeper or amesty material.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

While the big three are obviously in decline, injuries will dictate how far they can go, just like every other year since this core of players came together.

If Rondo had not been injured in the play offs, things may have been different. Wade's take down of Rondo should have been a flagrant foul.

Scoring comes and goes, but defense can be brought every night (except during back to back to back games).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: the most reasonable approach to this season?:
    I look forward to watching EVERY GAME of this season - Danny Ainge and Celtics Ownership have given the fans a great 4 yr mini-dynasty.
    Posted by PHX85014

One title in 4 yrs is a mini dynasty????

Ugh!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: the most reasonable approach to this season? : One title in 4 yrs is a mini dynasty???? Ugh!!!
    Posted by null

You will know soon enough what this is like!!!  The Clips, right now, are better than the lakers.  The Mavs, right now, are better than the lakers.  What WILL you do when you fail to get DH??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: the most reasonable approach to this season? : You will know soon enough what this is like!!!  The Clips, right now, are better than the lakers.  The Mavs, right now, are better than the lakers.  What WILL you do when you fail to get DH??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Love the Clips. Did you know that when Boston was going through it's 22yr hiatus as being a joke, Laker fans called us the Clips of the east??

I'll take that now!

Bleed green.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: the most reasonable approach to this season? : Love the Clips. Did you know that when Boston was going through it's 22yr hiatus as being a joke, Laker fans called us the Clips of the east?? I'll take that now! Bleed green.
    Posted by null

Chalk up one Tayshawn/Rico as a fair weather lakers fan - hear them jumping off the bandwagon as we speak!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!!!!!!
    Posted by PHX85014

Exactly how I feel - well said

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

so we stick with the Big 3 this year.........who's available next year?

nobody....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I Agree with Kaktug - lets roll the bones with the Big Three (Core4 w/Rondo) for Year #5 of one of the GREATEST ERA's in Boston Celtics history The KG / Paul Pierce / Ray Allen Boston Celtics have exceeded all expectations , one championship and another Finals appearance that went to last 2 minutes of Game 7....last year a blown layup by Rondo let Miami off the ropes and we let another Final appearance slip away... I look forward to watching EVERY GAME of this season - Danny Ainge and Celtics Ownership have given the fans a great 4 yr mini-dynasty and now we get to enjoy year 5 ! A 66 game schedule gives the Celtics a better chance than ever and Ainge's aggressive off season bargain shopping has the Celtics bench looking stronger than last years LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!!!!!!
    Posted by PHX85014

Nice non-foul pic, but it still is grating that zebras [sic] stole the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

so we stick with the Big 3 this year.........who's available next year? nobody....
    Posted by sday4x4

john wall, stephen curry, blake griffin, to name three...and, yes, i know griffin ain't going anywhere now that they've added paul. but paul and howard are not jordan and jabbar, so this is not the end of days.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK, as for the "mini dynasty" talk....they won the championship in year one (absolutely crushed the Lakers)......year two, best record in the league until KG gets hurt and is lost for the year....still went to game 7 in Eastern Semi's.....healthy KG probably means another Finals appearance (and probably another title since the C's were clearly still the dominant team before KG's injury).....year three, start out with the best record yet again....team suffers injuries and goes into a funk....then astonishes everyone as they go all the way to the Finals only to lose on the road in game 7....they lost Perk in game 6, then led almost the entire way in the final game ....questionable officiating has been debated ever since...last year the team was blown up by Danny....went one game farther than the Lakers.....now in season 5....still a viable contender though no longer a dominant team in the long run.....so, that's not a bad run all in all.....I have certainly enjoyed this renaissance...!!

Sections
Shortcuts