The NBA issues a statement that a foul should have been called for Kobe last night!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The NBA issues a statement that a foul should have been called for Kobe last night!!!!!

Wade hit Rondo in the face on a play for everyone to see last year in Game two of the Miami series. A call would have had us winning in five games.  The league as it is with all bad calls stays silent.  So today the NBA issues a statement that Kobe needed to to have a foul called last night on a very close play.   What is happening is the league preparing us for even more special treatment for its superstars like Kobe and Lebron?  Look out.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: The NBA issues a statement that a foul should have been called for Kobe last night!!!!!

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Wade hit Rondo in the face on a play for everyone to see last year in Game two of the Miami series. A call would have had us winning in five games.  The league as it is with all bad calls stays silent.  So today the NBA issues a statement that Kobe needed to to have a foul called last night on a very close play.   What is happening is the league preparing us for even more special treatment for its superstars like Kobe and Lebron?  Look out.

That's why I keep saying avoid the Heat until the east finals.

Save the best for last.

What do you think of the league putting out this kind of crazy statement that a foul should have been called on Kobe.  What are they trying to do appease Kobe?  I think it is unprecedented can you think of anything like this?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: The NBA issues a statement that a foul should have been called for Kobe last night!!!!!

What do you think of the league putting out this kind of crazy statement that a foul should have been called on Kobe.  What are they trying to do appease Kobe?  I think it is unprecedented can you think of anything like this?

I don't think their trying to appease Kobe. They're just trying to appease the Laker fans and the Laker organization.

Come on, the Lakers are very popular. The NBA makes a lot of money from the Lakers' popularity. It always comes back to the NBA is a business first and a sport second.

Seriously, only the Lakers are a team claiming 16 championships with only 12 banners. The 5 Minneapolis championships are put in one banner. Come on!

But when has the league ever issues a statement on a call in a game like last night?  The call was not that egregious.  Much worse happens every game or two all around the league. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You don't see other teams bragging about their championship from another city.

Come on, you don't hear OKC fans bragging about the championship the franchise won in Seattle.

Good point!  Do the Hawks count the championship they won in St. Louis?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

But when has the league ever issues a statement on a call in a game like last night?  The call was not that egregious.  Much worse happens every game or two all around the league. 

It started a few years ago.

The Celtics have never received this treatment to my knowledge.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

I don't think their trying to appease Kobe. They're just trying to appease the Laker fans and the Laker organization.

Come on, the Lakers are very popular. The NBA makes a lot of money from the Lakers' popularity. It always comes back to the NBA is a business first and a sport second.

Seriously, only the Lakers are a team claiming 16 championships with only 12 banners. The 5 Minneapolis championships are put in one banner. Come on!

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/01/18/nba-admits-officials-missed-game-changing-foul-call-for-raptors-against-bulls/

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/01/18/nba-admits-officials-missed-game-changing-foul-call-for-raptors-against-bulls/

That's your way of saying that you're happy that the NBA said the refs were wrong about not calling a foul on Dahntay Jones?

I am not saying anything about last night. I am just posting a link

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

I don't think they're trying to appease Kobe. They're just trying to appease the Laker fans and the Laker organization.

let us not forget...but for....the CELTICS....lending out both

CELTIC GREATS...bill sharman & k c jones to coach the 1972

lakers to their 1st LOS ANGELES NBA CHAMPIONSHIP....they would

not have nothing to "crow" about....AND I ENJOY INFORMING

THESE TURKEYS ABOUT THIS FACT EVERDAY I PROUDLY WEAR

MY... # 6... CAPTAIN BILL RUSSEL JERSEY..... HERE IN

.....G-O-L-L-Y-W-O-O-D.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It  was not a foul.  The  only reason there was any contact between the two is because Kobe extended his right leg, which collided with Jones' left thigh, on the jumper.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

It  was not a foul.  The  only reason there was any contact between the two is because Kobe extended his right leg, which collided with Jones' left thigh, on the jumper.

Perhaps you could claim that if Jones hadn't continued to walk into Kobe as he took the shot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

Perhaps you could claim that if Jones hadn't continued to walk into Kobe as he took the shot.

It was a foul.  Fouls go uncalled each and every game.  Not sure why this one has to be such a big deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

He didn't walk into him, he was trying to contest a fade-away jumper that was a potential game winner. Had Kobe's right leg not been extended, there would have been no contact.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

Kome jumped up for the shot, and Jones stepped under him when Kome jumped! It has been shown several times from the overhead view now, and the result is the same. aAs soon as Kome jumped, Jones slid in under him! You dont have to be looking at the player to know he is in front of you. And because of Jones's past with intentionally fouling Kome, he wont get muck of the benefit of the doubt! I have seen the play 25 times and know what me and MANY other people have seen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I wish this would die now.

NBA said it was a foul.

It wasn't called.

This happens in every game.

What is unclear is the INTENT

Therefore, one cannot say it was dirty.

I also agree that if it wasn't Bryant, no one would care as much!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The league issuing a statement on such an non-event signals the Lakers will be getting a lot more calls. The fact that they actually went out of there way to undercut officials signals a very corrupt leadership which we all have known for years.  Kobe Bryant will get calls if you breath on him now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

The league issuing a statement on such an non-event signals the Lakers will be getting a lot more calls. The fact that they actually went out of there way to undercut officials signals a very corrupt leadership which we all have known for years.  Kobe Bryant will get calls if you breath on him now.

I think you should do a little more than just snivel, this might deserve a good cry, you know like a child, some really deep bellowing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to shonasty's comment:

I think you should do a little more than just snivel, this might deserve a good cry, you know like a child, some really deep bellowing.

Whose crying?  Kobe and you, not me I love it.  Your team lost. He has gotten way more than his share of calls over the years.  

Sections
Shortcuts