The Need for Perk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: The Need for Perk

In Response to Re: The Need for Perk:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Need for Perk : This is a very interesting opinion considering their offense and defense are both better this year..... so in other words, Perk has not played one second but they are scoring more points and giving up fewer points than last year............  as I have said any number of other times, if Perk never plays another game for the Cs, it would not be that big a deal.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

So you like Semih and JON better than Perk? I don't think if it is a "big deal" or not is the point.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

People have their opinions and not much I can say will change them.

Its true Shaq hasnt done much lately, actually since his return from his calf injury.. does it coincide with Rondo (and now KG) not being there?? Who knows.

But I think Shaq still offers much more than Perk offensively, even in the slump hes in now. At least we know Shaq can be an offensive threat... like hes been earlier this season.. You just cant say that about Perk at all.

As far as Perk doing the dirty work Shaq & JON dont...what dirty work is that??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Karllost, Perk loves to bang and be physical.  He goes after rebounds and plays defense like no center on the roster now (all that is dirty work).  As slow of foot as he is, Perk goes after the ball with more urgency than we're seeing now in Shaq and JON.

Last season, for all of his deficiencies, Perk averaged 10.1 points, 7.6 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game.  With KG's rebounding numbers up, I'll take Perk's production from last year (or close to it) to go with KG's.  Bottom line, Perk's numbers last year were better than what we're getting from either Shaq or JON.

Shaq has shown his offensive prowess throughout his career but he is just unable to exhibit them now on any consistent basis.  We know what we're getting from Perk and, with him, the chemistry among the 1st unit players is invaluable.

That is why I think we need Perk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Karllost, Perk loves to bang and be physical.  He goes after rebounds and plays defense like no center on the roster now (all that is dirty work).  As slow of foot as he is, Perk goes after the ball with more urgency than we're seeing now in Shaq and JON. Last season, for all of his deficiencies, Perk averaged 10.1 points, 7.6 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game.  With KG's rebounding numbers up, I'll take Perk's production from last year (or close to it) to go with KG's.  Bottom line, Perk's numbers last year were better than what we're getting from either Shaq or JON. Shaq has shown his offensive prowess throughout his career but he is just unable to exhibit them now on any consistent basis.  We know what we're getting from Perk and, with him, the chemistry among the 1st unit players is invaluable. That is why I think we need Perk.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey, I dont see how the starting 5 as it is now (with KG) can have much better chemistry or be better with Perk.

Earlier you questioned whether Shaq gets opposing bigs in foul trouble...well, I honestly cant say but what Shaq does do often, is get opposing teams lots of fouls and put them close to, if not in the penalty... Perk will never provide that. 

OK, Im not going to continue listing stuff & comparing Perk to Shaq.. I respect your opinion, it just differs from mine.

We can both agree Perk will help the C's when he gets back..  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Jon will be cut or traded by the time Perk comes back. Use that money for a guy like Andre Blacthe from Washington....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Jon will be cut or traded by the time Perk comes back. Use that money for a guy like Andre Blacthe from Washington....
    Posted by JMichalski12[/QUOTE]

BiasLewis!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Jon will be cut or traded by the time Perk comes back. Use that money for a guy like Andre Blacthe from Washington....
    Posted by JMichalski12[/QUOTE]

Great minds think alike.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Need for Perk : Great minds think alike.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Does that mean that JMichalski12 also want the Celtics to sign Mikki Moore?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Need for Perk : This is a very interesting opinion considering their offense and defense are both better this year..... so in other words, Perk has not played one second but they are scoring more points and giving up fewer points than last year............  as I have said any number of other times, if Perk never plays another game for the Cs, it would not be that big a deal.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

You also said he would be flipping burgers by now.   I guess you were wrong there also.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm in the camp that says Shaq has better hands and can catch the ball and hit some layups without bring the ball down to be taken away and faking 5 times before going up (ala Perk).   So in spots, he'll provide more offense.  Perk and Rondo togeher just provide too much of an offensive liability early in the game in my opinion.  Perk SHOULD be able to do better and maybe he will.  We'll see in a month.

Until then, I wouldn't trade JON.  We need to see how Perk, JON, Shaq, and Erden all co-exist and who looks good in what spot.  After that, I can agree that Danny has flexibility if he wants to trade one of them.   Knowing our injury history, however, I wouldn't trade ANY of them now.   We just don't know which one is likely to be injured or not playing well at any point in time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It really depends on what skills and assets Doc wants our C to provide. There are times when Shaq is needed and other times when Perk is needed. Right now thespotlight is on Shaq to stay out of foul trouble, manage his game in a way where he's available every night.

When Perk returns Shaq may be able to play a more physical and free game where fould trouble isn't an issue.

Anyone looking for Perk to score 20 pts will be waiting awhile. Perk can grab 8-10 boards and we're not even getting that between JON, Shaq or BBD. (maybe a bit of an exaggeration but you get my point)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i dont care about what shaq brings to the table offensively bc right now hes not performing at such a high level that he NEEDS to be on the court, like a rondo. What is losing us games is LACK OF DEFENSE. you already know Doc is a defensive coach, and he says the same thing. part of the loss is from KG being out, but there still is a significant upgrade on defense from shaq to perk. Defense wins games. Perk will be starting wen he's right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

After the last couple of games, Shaq is making me back off my opinion!!!!!  He's now not providing much at all!  Disappointing and I hope he's better when KG is around him.

Sections
Shortcuts