The negativity here totally blows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

The negativity here totally blows

Here's a crazy idea for all the negative chodes on this board. There is an old saying that goes, "You have to play the games." Why not see how this plays out before predicting we will be terrible. We upgraded our bench and you people just B**** B***** B*****!!! F******* rediculous!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Re: The negativity here totally blows

In Response to The negativity here totally blows:
    [QUOTE]Here's a crazy idea for all the negative chodes on this board. There is an old saying that goes, "You have to play the games." Why not see how this plays out before predicting we will be terrible. We upgraded our bench and you people just B**** B***** B*****!!! F******* rediculous!!!!!!
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]
    Thank You somebody needed to say it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to The negativity here totally blows:
    [QUOTE]Here's a crazy idea for all the negative chodes on this board. There is an old saying that goes, "You have to play the games." Why not see how this plays out before predicting we will be terrible. We upgraded our bench and you people just B**** B***** B*****!!! F******* rediculous!!!!!!
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Once we see how this plays out... then we won't be predicting anymore.

You do understand what the word "predicting" means, don't you?

Hint... it's something you do before the fact.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/ICdXAmd1TWA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We will all be pleasantly surprised to see the team do well.  The fun most of us have is discussing the team and being critical or realistic.  The enemy is the Lakers and other teams in the NBA. We have room for people who are waiting to see how we do but let's face your comments will be limited.  People with opinions are pointing out what they think should be done by management and what to expect with moves and decisions made thus far.

If the Celtics come out and play like they did in 2007-8 I will quickly change my tune and admit how wrong I am as I am sure other naysayers will do as well.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

You guys are in denial. The Celtics and Lakers are done. It's over. Both teams had a good run. Both teams are too old and lack the depth to win a title this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

That's funny Pitino said all the negativity sucks and you say it blows.

To quote Bart Simpson:

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

The Fellowship Of The Miserable [

DANNY AINGE IS DRINKING EVERYONE'S MILKSHAKE !

WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE THE MOST AGGRESSIVE GM IN THE NBA...
    I LOVE THE BRANDON BASS MOVE AND THE SASHA PAVLOLICK MOVE TOO

DANNY AINGE IS SETTING THE CELTICS UP FOR THE NEXT 5 YEAR WINDOW, THIS IS THE FINAL YEAR OF THE 5 YEAR KG WINDOW, AND THE CELTICS ARE STILL TOP TIER CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDERS !

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT ? I CANT WAIT TO WATCH EVERY SINGLE CELTICS GAME !

CELTICS 56-10 !

2012 NBA CHAMPIONS !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows:
    [QUOTE]That's funny Pitino said all the negativity sucks and you say it blows. To quote Bart Simpson: "I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows".
    Posted by spewey[/QUOTE]

LOL!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Here's the thing if they don't play to there potential I will call them out. I always do and I praise them when they play well. I'm not a flip flopper. I'm a season ticket holder. I'm financially and emotionally invested. I'm not saying it's finals or bust this year, but at the same time you have to play the games and see what the outcome is. Danny Ainge went after David West, He went after Paul, He did land some nice pieces on top of that even though those didn't happen. I'm sure if DH goes to FA he will try to land him with the cap room. It's not like some of these small market teams that don't even try. We have a very good team and an aggressive GM, how about being thankful we have that and how about just being positive and letting it play out. That's all I'm saying with my thread here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the negativity is based on the fact that numerous teams have passed by the C's. Heat, Bulls, Mavs, Thunder, Grizz and depending what becomes of the Lakers and Magic are now the playoff iron. C's have slipped back to that 2nd tier. I assume that the Clips and Knicks also could pass by come playoff time.
    The time for DA to make moves was last year. We saw this team on fumes last year in the playoffs, and who wants a repeat? 
    Those tooting the horn on the BAss and Sasha signings, surely did not see them play often last year. 
    My prediction. C's run out at something like 17-3. Injurt/fatigue set in and they limp into the playoffs. Lucky to get past round 1, and if they do, eliminated in round 2. Sound familiar? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

I dont know who your talking about/to, but we need a center.  I dont need DH, I dont need Tyson Chandler, I dont need CP3... I just wanted something NOT named Jermain Oneal.  Is that to hard to ask Danny?  Im not being negative, im being realistic.  We got hammered on the boards last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Brandon Bass is a better rebounder that Davis, Wilcox is a better rebounder that JO. They addressed rebounding. They brought Daniels back and resigned jeff green to get more athletic off the bench. I agree we don't need a big superstar. My guess is the big 3 stay together making much less money and we go after younger pieces and hope that draft pick pans out. Danny did get a more atheletic bench. That is what was said after last season. If these guys play well then mission accomplished. Again you have to play the games. So we'll see. All I'm saying is why be negative until you see the team play. The Bulls haven't won since the MJ era and king nothing still ain't won nothing. The Knicks will find a way to f it up. Not worried as much as most people. You also have to think JO is playing for one more contract. He may surprise us. I doubt it, but you never know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...can you imagine if everyone will say "celtics will win them all this season"
    How boring that is specially if it's not true.
    Prediction show your honesty even it's wrong or negative.  If you are a die hard celtics fan and can't accept defeat, prediction is your salvation and a true statement based in your feeling. You can hide, run and survive using prediction.So, forget about negativity...does not exist. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]...can you imagine if everyone will say "celtics will win them all this season" How boring that is specially if it's not true. Prediction show your honesty even it's wrong or negative.  If you are a die hard celtics fan and can't accept defeat, prediction is your salvation and a true statement based in your feeling. You can hide, run and survive using prediction.So, forget about negativity...does not exist. 
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

CHE, very good post.

What are some of you people looking for, everyone to shake the Celtic p[om poms, cheer and brainwash ourselves into saying what we dont believe??

Yea, its negativity if your opinion is negative. Thats not a bad word.

I dont think the Celts are contenders this year, prob make the playoffs but they are worse than last years team imo.

CHE hit the nail on the head.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

OK to predict they won't win it all.  Ok to criticise them.  Just have some balance and also talk about the fact that the bench is better this year and that they should make the playoffs and we have at least a CHANCE of going to the ECF, although odds are not in our favor.   

The negativity comes from constant bashing of the team and their age and what KG didn't do and so on  All valid points but at some point, let's move on.  Once you've said your prediction, let's stop creating new posts each day about what they don't have.  I can't wait to see them play because I think they will surprise lots of people and be contenders for the top 5 record in the league.  I like our team.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows : CHE, very good post. What are some of you people looking for, everyone to shake the Celtic p[om poms, cheer and brainwash ourselves into saying what we dont believe?? Yea, its negativity if your opinion is negative. Thats not a bad word. I dont think the Celts are contenders this year, prob make the playoffs but they are worse than last years team imo. CHE hit the nail on the head.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Karl, I would agree that they are worse than last year's team "on paper".  But, last year's team never really was together.  Shaq was out.  JON was out.  West was out.  BBD spaced out on us at the end of the season.  Wafer was hurt and then got no playing time.  Green was new and before he got here, Perk was out.  So, they looked like a good roster but in reality, they were almost never on the floor!   So, compare this year's roster to the players who ACTUALLY PLAYED last year (KG, Ray, Paul, BBD, Rondo, Sasha, Arroyo, Murphy, Wafer, a little bit of West and Green).  Well, KG, Rondo, Paul, Ray are the same players as in May.  Green is likely going to be better.  From there, I actually think its an upgrade.

What's your opinion as you look at it including the injury time?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]...can you imagine if everyone will say "celtics will win them all this season" How boring that is specially if it's not true. Prediction show your honesty even it's wrong or negative.  If you are a die hard celtics fan and can't accept defeat, prediction is your salvation and a true statement based in your feeling. You can hide, run and survive using prediction.So, forget about negativity...does not exist. 
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]
     Great post, i see a lot of myself in that statement!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows : That's because in the last 5 minutes of close game it won't be Brandon Bass or Chris Wilcox taking the shot or getting the passes. It will still be KG, Pierce, and Ray in crunch time. We didn't lose to the Heat because we had a weaker bench than Miami. We lost because our old veterans couldn't get it done. You said let's move on, but why are you bringing up the subject again?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I'm bringing it up because that's the point on the thread - the negativity is the subject of the thread, my man.

And, we lost because KG, for example, was worn out.  Why was he worn out?  Because our bench provided nothing.  Also because our center by committee got terribly outrebounded.  I think this new crew will be better at that.  I'm not predicting a championship, but I this set of big men is more healthy and more athletic and therefore will provide more help and rest of the starters.....giving them more energy for that important last 5 minutes of the game.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows : I'm bringing it up because that's the point on the thread - the negativity is the subject of the thread, my man. And, we lost because KG, for example, was worn out.  Why was he worn out?  Because our bench provided nothing.  Also because our center by committee got terribly outrebounded.  I think this new crew will be better at that.  I'm not predicting a championship, but I this set of big men is more healthy and more athletic and therefore will provide more help and rest of the starters.....giving them more energy for that important last 5 minutes of the game.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You may be right about our bench, but we all thought we had a great bench last year. What i agree with Fierce about is even if our bench is better, KG, Ray and Pierce will not be better, in all probability they will be a little worse, it's not thier fault, they will try as hard as ever. What Fierce can see is age is finally taking a toll on our big 3, and there is nothing they or we can do about it!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows : Karl, I would agree that they are worse than last year's team "on paper".  But, last year's team never really was together.  Shaq was out.  JON was out.  West was out.  BBD spaced out on us at the end of the season.  Wafer was hurt and then got no playing time.  Green was new and before he got here, Perk was out.  So, they looked like a good roster but in reality, they were almost never on the floor!   So, compare this year's roster to the players who ACTUALLY PLAYED last year (KG, Ray, Paul, BBD, Rondo, Sasha, Arroyo, Murphy, Wafer, a little bit of West and Green).  Well, KG, Rondo, Paul, Ray are the same players as in May.  Green is likely going to be better.  From there, I actually think its an upgrade. What's your opinion as you look at it including the injury time?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I cant agree that KG, Ray & PP will be the same players they were in May, which by the way was very inconsistent. At their respective ages, time takes away. Its not like they are 27 and we should expect the same as last year at a minimum. I feel the opposite applies.

OF the remaining ( and lets use the players that actually got decent playing time)... lets call BBS/Bass a wash, even though many feel more strongly in both directions.... additionally replaced West with Dooling West, got back if anything a just as good Quis if we're lucky, and picked up some more journeyman/fillin type players to replace the same. Shaq is gone. Green should be better... Rondo, who knows how he deals with all the trade issues.

I dont see the improvement. I dont see one clear upgrade except perhaps Green. Everything else on the roster appears to be the same at best, but likely down a notch.

Add to that all the back-2-backs for the oldtimers and no backup center for sure-to-be injured JO, who can only be good for how many minutes?

Wish I could agree with you on this.

Sections
Shortcuts