The new guys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The new guys

...or better yet our new Big 3. LOL!

Crawford is going to have one of those explosion games...don't know when it will be but I hope Doc gives him the time to see if he can fit in. Doc tends to not feed the hot hand at times. He can be our Mini-Microwave if given the chance.

I don't know much about White. I remember him at Indiana but other than that don't know who his game mirror's in the NBA.

I've already gone on record on how I feel about TWill...11th pick in the 2009 draft...a steal if we can keep him focused. I'm surprised Rondo isn't with the team on the bench helping these guys. Well I guess he may not want to contribute to his own trade. TWill is going to be a core player IF Doc give him room to make mistakes and grow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: The new guys

I think TWill gets a second 10-day contract provided there are no surprises in the "buyout" category.  I don't know much about him but I have no idea why this guy has not been able to stick with an NBA team.  I'm definintely missing something and hopefully it doesn't become apparent while he's here.

As for Crawford, you are right.  He is going to have one of those game when he is just in that zone.  I can't wait because it's going to happen with him.  With him and Green on the court, we have two guys who can score whenever they want.

I just hope Crawford gets in tune with our defense.  I like our 5 guard rotation of AB, Lee, Terry, Crawford and TWill (Rondo next year).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I think we are better off now than we were three weeks ago. Next month KG and PP will start thier annual playoff preparation with a couple of games off the charts. The three new guys will help give them KG/PP some rest over the next 6 weeks.

Its really all about PP and KG     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I don't know -- you guys said that too with Lee and Terry - both are not even a reject players. Crawford-Williams are reject players -- go figure.

I don't see any explosiveness on Lee and terry - let alone the new guys...but we will see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

I don't know -- you guys said that too with Lee and Terry - both are not even a reject players. Crawford-Williams are reject players -- go figure.

I don't see any explosiveness on Lee and terry - let alone the new guys...but we will see.

Wow I don't know how you can say that about Lee....he's been good. When AB and Lee are in the game they fly up and down the court and create easier baskets instead of everyone waiting on Rondo to bring it up.

Terry has been a disappointment but hopefully he comes around. In my opinion he never takes enough shots. He should be getting volume shots and he'll have games where he shoots 5 times...that's not cutting it coming from your "SG"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

well.......it's good to have some depth and that the depth guys have played minutes in the NBA.

my assesment for what it's worth:

Crawford......a guy that will get big minutes on a poor team, but limitied minutes on a good team. A whole lot of these types in the NBA. Since he's under contract fairly cheap for a couple more years, he's basically Barbosa with a contract.

Williams....will get minutes as a reserve with a poor team, but be mostly bench fodder on a good team. has been  around the block a couple times now and frankly teasm kept letting him move on. there IS a reason.

White.......same as Williams.

with that said ,I hope they ALL  kick arse the rest of the year and team up with Wilcox and Green for the best bench in the NBA playoffs!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Good observations. So do we have a better bench this year over last year?

This year we have Green, Terry, Wilcox, Crawford, TWill, White

Last year we had Steimer, Hollins, Pav, Pietrus

I will take this year's bench over last seasons all day, everyday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

wish we had Steamer right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Wow I don't know how you can say that about Lee....he's been good. When AB and Lee are in the game they fly up and down the court and create easier baskets instead of everyone waiting on Rondo to bring it up.

Yeah, I agree, Lee is average but not explosive as mentioned. I cringed every time Bradley shoot from outside too.

What I can see from crawford, Barbosa still much better - he penetrates the paint a lot.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The bench last year was horrible.  with that said whether you like Rondo or not the guy was an animal in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

The bench last year was horrible.  with that said whether you like Rondo or not the guy was an animal in the playoffs.

If only that animal could have showed up every night.  Maybe I am not being fair.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

You are being fair.

Rondo want's to win during the regluar season, but only on his terms. His terms are winning if he can also be thought of as a world class point guard. He must lead in assists, rebounding and triple doubles. Defense loses out to rebounds and steals because that is what casual fans and the media can see.

During the play-offs, stats come secondary to winning, because that is what the play-offs are all about. To be considered great, you have to win.

Rondo is all about Rondo, but he will be missed in the play-offs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Word around the campfire is that Snake turns into quite the animal  himself @ the cup circle- particularly when the cup's vapors are dwindling(like now)and he can't get his usual fix...Who would have thunk such a mild mannered, urbane man about town(who doesn't even display any passive-aggressive tendencies here either!) could be so explosive. I hope his love object returns post-haste(so no one loses a limb). You may want to bring your own cup for protection. Just saying...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Word around the campfire is that Snake turns into quite the animal  himself @ the cup circle- particularly when the cup's vapors are dwindling(like now)and he can't get his usual fix...Who would have thunk such a mild mannered, urbane man about town(who doesn't even display any passive-aggressive tendencies here either!) could be so explosive. I hope his love object returns post-haste(so no one loses a limb). You may want to bring your own cup for protection. Just saying...

You're adorable when you try to get me mad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

If only that animal could have showed up every night.  Maybe I am not being fair.

You are being fair. I was only talking about last years playoffs. Rondo was quite average this entire season and I wasn't inferring he would do the same thing again this year.

Just pointing out the obvious. He had a monster post season last year it helped cover for the lack of a bench that the Celtics had.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

You are being fair. I was only talking about last years playoffs. Rondo was quite average this entire season and I wasn't inferring he would do the same thing again this year.

Just pointing out the obvious. He had a monster post season last year it helped cover for the lack of a bench that the Celtics had.

If you think about Pierce he has been wildly inconsistent. In his case due to age.  Green wildly consistent to an even greater degree.  Terry even worse.  What does this mean? Bass not even inconsistent. I think we have a pattern.  I am not sure what it means beyond being inconsistent.

Maybe this is what happens when you have .500 team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

You are being fair.

Rondo want's to win during the regluar season, but only on his terms. His terms are winning if he can also be thought of as a world class point guard. He must lead in assists, rebounding and triple doubles. Defense loses out to rebounds and steals because that is what casual fans and the media can see.

During the play-offs, stats come secondary to winning, because that is what the play-offs are all about. To be considered great, you have to win.

Rondo is all about Rondo, but he will be missed in the play-offs.

+1