The new starting lineup

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: The new starting lineup

In response to Kirk6's comment:

For the first time this season, the Celtics were able to trot out their preferred starting lineup with Garnett and Pierce next to Bradley, Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. That five-man unit was plus 7 in plus/minus over a team-high 10 minutes of court time, an encouraging start for a group that had logged only 13 minutes together coming into the game.

Most encouraging for that unit was that it posted a defensive rating of 77.8 and hit the defensive glass hard. Not surprisingly, that's the hallmark of Garnett-led lineups.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9145839/kevin-garnett-makes-all-difference-boston-celtics

And Jeff Green appeared to be completely neutralized on offense.  That is OK if the Celts can find adequate fire power off the bench.  But I am concerned about this lineup generating offense.  Also, the defensive rating was against the Wizards.

Having said all that, this may still be the best lineup given what teh Celts have right now.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

For the first time this season, the Celtics were able to trot out their preferred starting lineup with Garnett and Pierce next to Bradley, Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. That five-man unit was plus 7 in plus/minus over a team-high 10 minutes of court time, an encouraging start for a group that had logged only 13 minutes together coming into the game.

Most encouraging for that unit was that it posted a defensive rating of 77.8 and hit the defensive glass hard. Not surprisingly, that's the hallmark of Garnett-led lineups.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9145839/kevin-garnett-makes-all-difference-boston-celtics

And Jeff Green appeared to be completely neutralized on offense.  That is OK if the Celts can find adequate fire power off the bench.  But I am concerned about this lineup generating offense.  Also, the defensive rating was against the Wizards.

Having said all that, this may still be the best lineup given what teh Celts have right now.

This unit has not played together much, so we will see.

Maybe they can win on defense alone.

The offensive rating was 111.2 and a defensive rating of 77.8. Which is pretty amazing, but it was ten minutes. We really won't know anything until opposing coaches start game planning for the new lineup. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

What if we had run this lineup with Rondo from the beginning of the season?

Hard to say. from what I have read Green wasn't fully recovered from surgery at the beginning of the season. Could be the starting lineup next year though. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Its the most obvious line-up ... your best 5 on the floor (BBass is debatable).

I'm more curious what the heck is going to happen when (arguably) two of our starters return next season. Do you go...

Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Green, KG?

Rondo, Pierce, Green, Sullinger, KG?

Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Sullinger, KG?

Rondo, Pierce, Green, Bass, KG?

or do the unthinkable ...

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, KG?

I think that these playoffs (hopefully we get at least two rounds) will tell us whether Green at the 4, or Pierce at the 2 is a better line-up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Green was not at this level early on...and certain line ups will give us problems...

but, Doc can bring in the bench (defensive guards) earlier on than regular.

This gives confidence for the future without PP as the primary scorer...

We have to find  a legit replacement for KG...(no small feat) ..

a bigger faster Randolph type...J smooth is NOT it...

Rondo is the perfect bait...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'd be surprised if rondo was here after next year's trade deadline, based on what this team has done without him. i agree that he's bait at this point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

With Rondo this will be a killer lineup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Careful using Rondo and killer in the same sentence. A dicey proposition.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9144911/#nbarank-player-ratings-21-25

Rondo drops from 12 to 22 in the #NBARank list this year. I thought the following comment to be right on the $$$$.

"Rondo being rated 22 is a perfect spot for him. He makes his team better and stagnant at the same time."

Better... and stagnant. A killer comment.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Careful using Rondo and killer in the same sentence. A dicey proposition.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9144911/#nbarank-player-ratings-21-25

Rondo drops from 12 to 22 in the #NBARank list this year. I thought the following comment to be right on the $$$$.

"Rondo being rated 22 is a perfect spot for him. He makes his team better and stagnant at the same time."

Better... and stagnant. A killer comment.

Pud

So you linked a site that said that 111 experts ranked Rondo as the 22nd best player in the NBA and then pointed out that one of the 111 said something that doesn't makes sense.

This is why you are so adorable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

i'd be surprised if rondo was here after next year's trade deadline, based on what this team has done without him. i agree that he's bait at this point.

The Celtics need a big more than they need a pg.

I don't know who would trade for him until he shows he is healthy though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Guy,

It was the Wizards!

Now if they do the same to the Nets and Heat, now you  are talkin.

Don't worry about Green. Night in and night out, every player has a bad game once in a while.

On different nights, the hot hand, and the offensive focus can change. Green was in foul trouble.

As far as Rondo, we will see, lepards have problems changing their spots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

The Celtics need a big more than they need a pg.

I don't know who would trade for him until he shows he is healthy though.

I agree.  If we can trade Rondo for another big man than I am sure that Danny would do it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I'm more curious what the heck is going to happen when (arguably) two of our starters return next season. Do you go...

I think that these playoffs (hopefully we get at least two rounds) will tell us whether Green at the 4, or Pierce at the 2 is a better line-up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

All of these combinations for next year seem  formidable. I think the C's will be very talented in the coming years, especially on offense. We are going to eventually need a big who is a shut down defender (offensive talent optional). Of course, who is our get-in-you-face defensive leader after KG hangs it up? We will need a team motivator on the floor who isn't afraid to get into a scrap with the opponent. Shav's talent is limited but I like his character and do anything to help attitude.