The NO RONDO effect....How is this happening?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The NO RONDO effect....How is this happening?

Excellent read. The words of an EXPERT, former NBA player, and analyst who sees what we do and expalins the realities of life without RONDO:

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2013/02/08/donny-marshall-on-mm-celtics-more-mentally-healthy-without-rajon-rondo/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: The NO RONDO effect....How is this happening?

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We can all see it.

Rondo is an egomaniac who thinks he is the shiz neezal.

He dribbles 20 seconds off the shot clock on offense and constantly gets beat on defense.

We are better off without him.

I'd rather he not be on my favorite team!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

We are winning w/o Rondo on pure adrenalin, teamwork, joy, guts, good defense, hustle and focus... AKA fundamental basketball Celtic style. 

R9R lovers say.... "But it won't last. Sooner or later Cs will lose. Proving that we aren't better w/o Rondo."

Or as DA sez... "We're not better, we're just different."

Memo to DA

6-0 IS different than 0-6! 

6-0 is way different.... and way better too.

Get your head out of you azz, DA,  and smell some fresh air.

Pud 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Well look at this, the Rondo haters club together at last...lol...  nba analyst and "EXPERT"Donnie Marshall? are you kidding me? the guy is a terrible analyst and wasnt much better as a player...lol.... so you choose to believe him but when real analyst and great nba players like Magic, Shaq, Barkley say how great he is you dont agree?  Laughable is all I'll say!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

DM made some excellent points and I bet was still biting his tongue trying not to say more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

They are obviously playing way better without Rondo right now and they do seem energized.

This is the same conversation over and over again, but them playing better without him right now doesn't mean it is going to continue.

No one is going to know that for months.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

They are obviously playing way better without Rondo right now and they do seem energized.

This is the same conversation over and over again, but them playing better without him right now doesn't mean it is going to continue.

I agree they are playing better although they couldnt have been playing much worse before this current streak... I do like the ball movement since Rondo has been gone and I think Doc needs to send him that message when he returns.

This thread though, is really not about better movement its just to criticize Rondo...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Well look at this, the Rondo haters club together at last...lol...  nba analyst and "EXPERT"Donnie Marshall? are you kidding me? the guy is a terrible analyst and wasnt much better as a player...lol.... so you choose to believe him but when real analyst and great nba players like Magic, Shaq, Barkley say how great he is you dont agree?  Laughable is all I'll say!

Dude,

How do you even know what they are saying? Magic, Shaq, and Barkley have hardley even mastered the english language combined! At least DM is a reputable public speaker who ANALYZES the Cs EVERY DAY! Those other guys are superstars justifying the stats of another  supposed "Superstar". They don't care about the Cs as a team nor do they study them for a living. And as the three guys you mentioned would say, "Da Seautics cain't ween widdout Wondo!" Whatever....6-0 is all the proof we need. This thread is about the article that shows an inteligent summation of the situation. NOBODY HATES RONDO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

But Snake, We make assesments based on the available facts. Based on a reasonable amount of available facts, the Celtics ARE, as in RIGHT NOW, a better team without him. Sure we can wait and see if it lasts, but the same goes for one's marriage. Only time will tell on anything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I don't think you can't just factor in Rondo going down as the reason for our recent surge. Doc KG,PP,Rondo since they have been together have won 1 championship,were cheated out of a 2nd and got screwed in the ECF last year so they were collectively thinking , if it ain't broke don't fix it.We had a new bench that was more well rounded and versatile than last years and by late Feb early March we  turn it on and viola!

Then Rondo missed a game and we beat the Heat, later Sullinger went down and we got some more wins vs meh opponents,now we have won six with bench outscoring the starters and people are saying it was Rondo holding us back. I disagree, it was the combination of our core that wanted all our new players just to have niche roles. Having Rondo and Sully go down we were forced to adapt are strategy and the collective talents that we have aquired and we have flourished so far. I"m thinking DA was thinking this was going to happen next year not this. Neccessity has acelerated Docs',PP and KGs openess to trying a different approach, even still you it down the stretch where the ball sticks in PP and KGs hand a little too much.  They are our go to guys but they are past the point of having the D  know what they're going to do but couldn't stop it. If we can add some buyout or pick up a deep reserve, if not I think we can get better as a team and beat any team in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Dude,

How do you even know what they are saying? Magic, Shaq, and Barkley have hardley even mastered the english language combined! At least DM is a reputable public speaker who ANALYZES the Cs EVERY DAY! Those other guys are superstars justifying the stats of another  supposed "Superstar". They don't care about the Cs as a team nor do they study them for a living. And as the three guys you mentioned would say, "Da Seautics cain't ween widdout Wondo!" Whatever....6-0 is all the proof we need. This thread is about the article that shows an inteligent summation of the situation. NOBODY HATES RONDO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

But Snake, We make assesments based on the available facts. Based on a reasonable amount of available facts, the Celtics ARE, as in RIGHT NOW, a better team without him. Sure we can wait and see if it lasts, but the same goes for one's marriage. Only time will tell on anything.

You're right but that is the perfect analogy. YOu start dating a new girl, or you get married and everything is perfect.  then after a few months you start looking for hitmen on the internet.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Dude,

Hmm, those are some pretty racist statements but aside from that Donnie Marshall is a nobody now and was in the NBA... so yeah I believe them over him and if you think for one minute that they are superstars justifying superstars well thats just ridiculous...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

DM made some excellent points and I bet was still biting his tongue trying not to say more.

DM's i.q. is higher than Magic, Shaq and Barkley's combined!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I don't know how good as an analyst DM is. But if you believe in Magic words, there are at least 100 best players in the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

DM's i.q. is higher than Magic, Shaq and Barkley's combined!!

Shaq and Barkley are kind of a waste. I keep thinking, Can't they come up with someone better?

Shaq is a total waste, Barkley is at least funny at times. Barkley did have some great things to say about Bob Cousy, on a show i watched a couple days ago.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Barkley shoots straight, hes not trying to protect anyone...  Hes outspoken and says alot of things many other will not.. he gets things wrong too but that comes with the territory when ur offering your opinion about everything.

Shaq also gives some great insights and not afraid to speak his mind....  knows the game

Magic has lost alot of credibility imo in the way he sizes up teams and players... has been wrong so often and flip/flops just as often

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

We are winning w/o Rondo on pure adrenalin, teamwork, joy, guts, good defense, hustle and focus... AKA fundamental basketball Celtic style. 

R9R lovers say.... "But it won't last. Sooner or later Cs will lose. Proving that we aren't better w/o Rondo."

Or as DA sez... "We're not better, we're just different."

Memo to DA

6-0 IS different than 0-6! 

6-0 is way different.... and way better too.

Get your head out of you azz, DA,  and smell some fresh air.

Pud 

the writing is on the wall. Rondo is the most over rated player in the history of the Celtics organization. he would never fit into this 'old school' teamwork approach to winning. ship him out of town.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

We can all see it.

He dribbles 20 seconds off the shot clock on offense and constantly gets beat on defense.

i doubt very much that Danny sees it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Dude,

Hmm, those are some pretty racist statements but aside from that Donnie Marshall is a nobody now and was in the NBA... so yeah I believe them over him and if you think for one minute that they are superstars justifying superstars well thats just ridiculous...

Venice, you are the one who sounds racist! I can't believe that you would even go there. DM is black too, stupid. If racist, I wouldn't be promoting him, RIGHT? Those other 3 are HOFers. BUT they sound like fools when they talk. Thats not racist, its the pain truth! TV personalities are supposed to be communiting to the masses. I hear other folks say, "what did he just say?" all the time when they say something. Stop with that weak shyt! Now, go cry prejudice somewhere else. I'm mixed race myself!!! FOOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Dude,

Venice, you are the one who sounds racist! I can't believe that you would even go there. DM is black too, stupid. If racist, I wouldn't be promoting him, RIGHT? Those other 3 are HOFers. BUT they sound like fools when they talk. Thats not racist, its the pain truth! TV personalities are supposed to be communiting to the masses. I hear other folks say, "what did he just say?" all the time when they say something. Stop with that weak shyt! Now, go cry prejudice somewhere else. I'm mixed race myself!!! FOOL!

It was clearly racists fool and dont throw this "im mixed race" cr ap at me fool.... to mark how these three black guys speak (and i dont agree with you on it) is racist....and as to DM, of course youll promote him because he backs your view and hatred for Rondo.... i stand by my statement.......FOOL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Dude,

It was clearly racists fool and dont throw this "im mixed race" cr ap at me fool.... to mark how these three black guys speak (and i dont agree with you on it) is racist....and as to DM, of course youll promote him because he backs your view and hatred for Rondo.... i stand by my statement.......FOOL!

Damn, man, go get an education. "Hooked on phonics" might even help you understand what I am talking about. Don't worry, I think you can get it free online. Now then, next response, FOOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

We can all see it.

God that is a dumb post. 

Sections
Shortcuts