The Officiating from last night's game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from neil1101. Show neil1101's posts

The Officiating from last night's game...

Easily, the worst officiating I've seen in an NBA game this year.  Krstic and KG couldn't breath on a player without drawing a foul, numerous double technicals, Ray / Pierce getting mugged while the Hornets were obvioulsy intentionally trying to foul both players...  There was no consistency in the calls -- ticky tack fouls in one sequence followed by a mugging (and no call) the next.  The officials need to be held accountable for their decisions, yet nowhere (Sportscenter, NBA Gametime) will you find any reference to what happened.  Donny Marshall on CSNNE was the only advocate (I could find) that spoke about the numerous missed calls.    

I swear, I thought Tommy was going to get up and strangle the three of them.  I'm debating whether this is vintage Stern treachery or outright incompetence.  I tend to believe the latter, evidenced by the debacle of the refs spending 10 minutes determining how they setup a jump ball.  These guys were obviously not the A-Team.  

I say this every year, but in no other professional sport is there such a widely held belief that corruption definitively exists at the officiating level.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: The Officiating from last night's game...

In Response to The Officiating from last night's game...:
    [QUOTE]Easily, the worst officiating I've seen in an NBA game this year.  Krstic and KG couldn't breath on a player without drawing a foul, numerous double technicals, Ray / Pierce getting mugged while the Hornets were obvioulsy intentionally trying to foul both players...  There was no consistency in the calls -- ticky tack fouls in one sequence followed by a mugging (and no call) the next.  The officials need to be held accountable for their decisions, yet nowhere (Sportscenter, NBA Gametime) will you find any reference to what happened.  Donny Marshall on CSNNE was the only advocate (I could find) that spoke about the numerous missed calls.     I swear, I thought Tommy was going to get up and strangle the three of them.  I'm debating whether this is vintage Stern treachery or outright incompetence.  I tend to believe the latter, evidenced by the debacle of the refs spending 10 minutes determining how they setup a jump ball.  These guys were obviously not the A-Team.   I say this every year, but in no other professional sport is there such a widely held belief that corruption definitively exists at the officiating level.    
    Posted by neil1101[/QUOTE]

The refs are in a tough spot.  There are multiple fouls on every single play and most of them don't get called because the game would be reduced to a free throw contest.

So then when they do make a call they get a player who has never committed a foul yelling and screaming at them.  When they go back and look at the video the foul is obvious and you quite often see two or three other fouls committed prior to the one they actually call.

So of course it appears that there is no consistency and there is no consistency but the alternative is to call them as the rules are written then by halftime there are no players left to play the game and the score is 60 to 50 and there have been nothing but foul shots made.

30 years ago the scores were 25 points higher - the players were more skilled of course but it was because the refs did not ignore 75% of the calls and the players adjusted to what was going to be called.

Game after game players are thrown to the ground and nothing is called, the simple fact that a player has to cradle the ball in two arms like a running back just to make a layup and while doing so he gets three swipes across his arms and one in the face and nothing is called is simply appalling.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

This is one of the reasons why the Cs need home court advantage. The home town team still seems to get the lion's share of the calls.

The good news is that most of the "star calls" have disappeared this year. Guys like Kobe, Nowinski, and Lebron usually get the same calls as everyone else.

The only players that still get star calls from time to time, that I have seen, are Durant, Wade, and Howard.

... so you could say things are improving.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The referees last night were the worst I have seen in consistently poor officiating game after game.  I disagree that there is not a rhyme or reason to it.  The little creep commish has instituted Stern's rules and there is a program that is followed.  

I have wondered if it is home team bias, or an elite team bias, or a Celtics bias.  It is clear we look through our on subjective glasses but one thing is sure the system is both corrupt and incompetent.   The players and coaches can't protest or there would be a loss of integrity to the game.  The boss Stern is deeply compromised and needs to be overthrown but the players and coaches make so much money they are almost as compromised as Stern and the owners.

Conclusion nothing can be done.  Last year's seventh game final free throw debacle was as corrupt and incompetent as it can get and other than people on this BB not a word was really said by the press and other media. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I should have said in conclusion "It's Chinatown Jake."  and left it at that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

playoff is coming.they gonna cook something for the celtics....NBA REFS

Sections
Shortcuts