The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is...

In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is...:
    Was NO the seventh seed? How could the teams be even at 2-2?
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

and your point being???  how can the spurs be down 3-1?  Aren't they the #1 seed?  How can the hawks be up 3-1?  Weren't they the 5th seed and didn't Magic dominated them last year?  This is the playoff the same thing happen last year to the lakers in the OKC series...  Don't kid yourself and think that the Lakers are done because all they really had to do in NO was to take back the home court adv. and they did...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

lakers will beat NOH, but the problems are much bigger.  They have no energy, and koME is obviously hurt.  They are in for a much, much, MUCH harder time this year, and to ignore that is being ignorant.  WE are in for a much harder time as well - so why don't we worry about that, and stop talking about the lakers?  Who really cares about them anyway, this is a Celtics forum!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't think you really believe what you're posting Q.  I think you know the lakers REALLY needed a quick out in the first round to get some recovery time.  Sure, they'll win this battle, but it sets them back in the grand scheme.  Absolutely no doubt of that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Q, Every step in the playfoffs is going to get harder...and upsets galore...no one is  immune without playing their best. injuries play a big part as well. deep bench helps..you know that..quit lying to yourselft...thats why i like our chances over the Lakers of comming out to the finals.I would not be bragging about my team, if they lost 5 or 7 in a row going in to the playoffs and only tied at this point. I would be very concerned. and you don;t hide it very well with  your bravado...like a child, calling names when you dont get your way.. if you had any class or maturity, you would congratulate the celts fans, and admit your concerns about the Lakers chances this time...instead, your attitude screams insecurities...not to mention going into enemy terrtory begging for attention...Did your laker buddies throw you out(did'nt pay the rent, huh..)  or dissert you???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is...:
    1) Gives Celtics fans a giddy feeling for the next day or two. 2) Emboldens some of these same fans to once again make predictions of the Lakers demise. 3) Resurrects the over confident chatter of raising banner #18. Sorry folks, nothings changed. Those of you who truly know basketball and the NBA, know this is blip. You know the Lakers will once again be there...in the Finals. It's never easy for the Lakers cause they play in the west...yes, the tougher conference. Those of you with half a brain (and that seems to cover a pretty large portion of this forum), the 3 points above pretty much says it for you. Remember the Lakers lost TWO games to Phoenix and two games to the Thunder in last year's playoffs. And there was ALL KINDS of chatter on this forum about the Lakers being done. Then the C's had the Lakers down 3 games to 2...how did that work out? Enjoy that giddy feeling for a day or two and then get ready for your next opponent, the Heat. They're NOT the Knicks. I don't know if the C's will beat them, but I really thought they had a much better chance with Perkins (since Fat Shaq can't seem to pull his Lard butt off of the trainers table).
    Posted by Qdaddy

yup we know how that worked out...... when the refs gave you 20 more Ft's to get you back in the game when we missed our starting C and Ray/Sheed were limited and playing thru pain.... but C's still led by 13 late.

Celts bravery in 'winning' the finals only to have it stolen by Stern and injuries was a black eye on the sport.

LA is NOT as good as last year... even w/ Bynum having a real knee injury last playoffs and just a sore 'only a crybaby would mention it' knee injury now. You were not as good last year as you were in '09. Our clubs are 1-2 in titles yes... but 1-1 vs. each other. The Celts won by 39 in a gm 6 laugher, LA by 4 in a game 7 humiliation of the sport.

If you rated the 4 teams by how 'historically good' their finals perfomances were on a scale of 1-10 it would look like this:

1. '08 Celtics - 9.4
    2. '10 Lakers - 7.7
    3. '10 Celtics - 7.6
    4. '08 Lakers - 5.3

I'll take our combined average of 8.5 over your combined average of  7 anyday. We still need a rubber match.

In all the finals matchups since Bird/Magic entered the league in '1980 (62 teams) I can only think of FIVE teams the '08 Lakers probably beat. That being the '09 Magic, '07 Cavs, '02/'03 Nets, '99 Knicks... pretty sweet how 3 of your  nine titles since Magic came against 3 of the 5 WORST 31 runners-up in that time.

Talk about luck. Not to mention the refs giving you the Sacramento series in '02 just like the Boston one last year.

The '08 Celts vs. '09 Lakers would have truly been a fun series. Celts won 66 to LA's 65 games... and I'd have taken them in 7 at home. As for the present, C's can be better than the 2010 team that essential won the finals if/when Shaq returns, but Miami and Chicago loom... two teams who we know are better than LA (on paper and reg season results) but who don't have the playoff experience they or the Celtics do.

It will be an interesting two weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

1) Gives Celtics fans a giddy feeling for the next day or two. 2) Emboldens some of these same fans to once again make predictions of the Lakers demise. 3) Resurrects the over confident chatter of raising banner #18. Sorry folks, nothings changed. Those of you who truly know basketball and the NBA, know this is blip. You know the Lakers will once again be there...in the Finals. It's never easy for the Lakers cause they play in the west...yes, the tougher conference. Those of you with half a brain (and that seems to cover a pretty large portion of this forum), the 3 points above pretty much says it for you. Remember the Lakers lost TWO games to Phoenix and two games to the Thunder in last year's playoffs. And there was ALL KINDS of chatter on this forum about the Lakers being done. Then the C's had the Lakers down 3 games to 2...how did that work out? Enjoy that giddy feeling for a day or two and then get ready for your next opponent, the Heat. They're NOT the Knicks. I don't know if the C's will beat them, but I really thought they had a much better chance with Perkins (since Fat Shaq can't seem to pull his Lard butt off of the trainers table).
    Posted by Qdaddy

As for this notion of the 'weaker west' it is YOU who has HALF A BRAIN

If you only brought up that the hornets (w/o West) are a better team than NY (w/o Amare/Billups for 75% of the series) then you'd have a leg to stand on.

New Orleans overall? Ha.

The Celtics would have beat New Orleans in 5 b/c you are throwing Fish/Blake at Paul and we'd throw all-Defensive 1st teamer Rondo at him. KG/JON would eat up Emeka/Gray (unlike shrinking violets Pau/Bynum) and we have multiple wing scorers, not just 1...

With everyone healthy on all 3 teams New Orleans would be in a battle w/ NY and Philly for the 5-7 seeds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Chicago, Miami and Boston are 3 of the 4 best teams in the NBA right now. OKC is the only team in the West in the top 4.

LA finds itself with Dallas, Portland, Atlanta, Memphis and New Orleans fighting it out on a pretty equal pklaying field to determine who the next 6 best teams are in trying to make a top 10.

By my count the East has 75% of the top 4.... but drops to 40% of the top 10.

That is a wash in my book.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

u know exactly u do the same when you hear stupid stuff about the celts you get giddy also, i am sure of it, u know u was peeing in your pants in game 7, when you were down by 13 with 6 minutes left until refs put the lakers in position

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Asia,

It is likely that the Spurs, and the Magic will bow out in the first round.

Lets hope that the Lakers have more in their tanks than that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The funny thing is, QDaddy was among the LA faithful who called for LA to sweep in the first round. 

Now he yaps.  Classic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Posted by Qdaddy

Q...focus on your team. You got quite a bit a work left. More then I bet you thought you would. Heh heh heh.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Man...the Lakers are so tall...they look like a sequoia forest..so damn tall...fortunately, they move like sequoias too....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yes but NO is really a bad team when you think about it... so what does that make the Lakers?

And why start this thread, you're going down the wrong path. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is...:
    This is the same thing that happen last year...  Boston went through the field in the east with relative ease and look how it turned out...  just keep on watching the game... you guys got alot more on your plate to worry about with the heat than the lakers with NOH or Dal and Por in the 2nd round...   Check back again in couple weeks when your series with the heat is about over then we will see...
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn

Well asian boy, good thing I have been working on my crossover... Ima make James look foolish out there.  I also have been draining three's too, so I'm feeling pretty confident. 

Bring on the heat...

Now... how do I grow 6 inches in a week??????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Most of you who have posted just validated the 3 points that I made to start this thread. Thanks for playing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Q - 16-15 NO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Q 27-21 NO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Wow, either the Lakers are hurt or lazy. The NO Hornets shot 85% in the first period.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rico, get back in your rock,,,you laker lover...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

Posted by Qdaddy

I don't know where you get this absurd idea that the western conference is harder, or that the celtics had an easy time of it last year.

celtics beat the 2 best teams in the league last year, orlando and cleveland, in epic, hard-fought 6 game series without homecourt advantage.

lakers won two 6 game series where they were never seriously threatened at home, and swept their second round matchup, all with homecourt advantage.

to get to the finals this year, the celtics will once again have to go through the 2 best teams in the league, chicago and miami, on the road.

at this stage, the lakers likely opponents will be dallas and memphis, with homecourt advantage in both.

the only time the eastern conference is easier is in the first round.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Posted by Qdaddy

Lakers not getting out of the 2nd round...Kobe is failling and Gasol looks like a little girl on the first day of Kindergarten!  Lakers on the fall!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

game six on the road again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Posted by Qdaddy

...more unwanted wear and tear on Mamba's wobbly wheel, which is all good for us.

Sections
Shortcuts