The optimistic point of view

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: The optimistic point of view

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bradley comes back and plays well.

Sullinger, Melo, and Green continue to get better.

Rondo plays like a madman in the playoffs, like he usually does.

We make a dynamic trade.

[/QUOTE]

green, for his part, was red hot tonight, but only 14 minutes, so....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Kirk and Acie - Green has showed more flashes lately which is good. If he can only get more consistent then I think we could get more out of Pierce too (and not wear him down for the playoffs) by resting him more. 

Adding to the optimistic view: Doc runs more plays for Sully and gets him more minutes. Bradley takes more of Terry's minutes and Terry figures out how to spark the bench with the scoring he can bring and then the focus is less on his defense. 

We'll need Rondo to play better prior to the playoffs if we want to actually make the playoffs. And keep in mind we don't want to play the Heat in the first round so that will mean getting a higher seed going in. 

If Ainge can trade for a decent big man that's one more reason for some optimism. 

That said in my heart of hearts I believe that Ainge is likely willing to get rid of some key pieces if he can get something good in return. There will be a decent sized trade before the deadline, and maybe even a blockbuster if we continue to struggle. I think the next two weeks with Bradley will determine a lot in terms of whether to try to compete this year or trade with an eye to the future. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We make a dynamic trade.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lmao... I was wondering when we started to fall apart in the fourth why he didn't put some fresh legs in. Oh wait he did when it was too late. The game was already over by the time he put the young guys back in. Green drains a 3 quick as he gets in the game. Sometimes I wonder about Doc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Whendex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We make a dynamic trade.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lmao... I was wondering when we started to fall apart in the fourth why he didn't put some fresh legs in. Oh wait he did when it was too late. The game was already over by the time he put the young guys back in. Green drains a 3 quick as he gets in the game. Sometimes I wonder about Doc.

[/QUOTE]

Whats to wonder? Doc s not a very good game coach

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

[QUOTE]

We make a dynamic trade.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, the celtics aren't making the playoffs!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Whendex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We make a dynamic trade.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whats to wonder? Doc s not a very good game coach

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I disagree, but I do!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Some things to consider (I err on the side of optimism):

- Lots of new faces here:  Terry will eventually lead the 2nd unit.  Sullinger will get more minutes and will get better.  

- A couple of injuries/surgery recoveries:  Not sure we've seen the best of Green yet.  Bradley will help when he gets into game shape.  Wilcox getting back on the floor is good depth. 

- A little bit older:  But there are younger guys that will gradually take more minutes at SF, PF and SG.  The older guys can still play meaningful minutes. 

- They have some trade chips to find a big man:  DA has a mix of players and maybe picks that he can use to get a rebounding big man. 

Is this team a threat in the east?  Not currently, but they're not devoid of hope. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

This team is built for this year, but the Ball and Players are not moving on offense, they stand, stand, stand, and watch isolations.  The offense for the most part is not built for this team. Hire a offensive assistant coach and let him implement a offense with a lot of ball and player movement. Plus increase the minutes from Green and Sullinger.  Rondo may need to rest , he kills the offense but gets huge stats which do not produce wins or points.  Barbosa, Lee, Avery, KG, Paul, Green, are willing to play defense, the others try but seem to have problems. Minutes should increase for Green.  Rondo can play defense but you never know when.