The players will NOT fold Mr. Stern.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

The players will NOT fold Mr. Stern.

And I am so glad they didn't. Players were already giving too much by going down from 57% BRI to 52 1/2 BRI. How much more did the owners and Mr Stern want????? Sorry Mr Stern. Stern was so sure the players would fold by threatening the offer of the owners would go down from 50% to 47% and would get worst as time went by. Sorry Mr. Stern players just punch you in the mouth when least you expected it. Now what are you gonna do Mr, Stern???? I saw an interview with Mr. Stern and now he says he wasn't threatening the players LOL!!!!! How that work out Mr. Stern????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: The players will NOT fold Mr. Stern.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7234180/nba-lockout-players-not-accept-deal-seek-disband-billy-hunter-says

Is this guy serious????? What a joke. LOL!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The players have already folded.  They are all now without a Union to represent them.  Hunter told them they are pretty much on their own now, to sue the league and the owners.
    The expired CBA called for the players to get 57% of BRI.  They had a handshake deal on the last one that the new one would be 57-43 for the owners.  The players reneged on the deal, they didn't "give up" anything.

And now, the owners will get what they want.  No more MeBrons or Melos telling them where they want to play.  No more Lakers out-spending everyone......no more no more (as the great Aerosmith song goes!!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

We'll see. In the mean while we can watch this

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Oh and the Celtics won't out spend anybody too. Or you didn't see how much they spent these last 3 or 4 seasons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/video/clip?id=7234953

First time I agree with Rondo... LOL!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The players already folded... MrGKDynasty!

The Jebster may have taught you a lot of things... but Basic Business 101 wasn't one of them.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Ok.
    I will not get into any argument with no one who will always believe that what they say is what is right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: The players will NOT fold Mr. Stern.:
    Ok. I will not get into any argument with no one who will always believe that what they say is what is right.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

Your quote is "it is what it is"  and what it is -  is over!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/video/clip?id=7234953 First time I agree with Rondo... LOL!!!

Say what?????

Rondo strung together a bunch of cliches that said nothing at all. (He should have kept his mouth shut.)

Maybe he can go back to UK, get a degree in PE and apply for a 40K/year HS coaching job.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

When I said the players would not fold I meant by the Bluff of Mr. Stern that the offers would get worse if they did not accept the current offer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

It's YOUR thread man - don't post on here if you expect everyone to agree with you

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

I just won't get into arguments with you Russ because you will always look for the 5 paws of the cat when there are only 4. The bigest proof of that was when you said there would be a league without players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

When I said the players would not fold I meant by the Bluff of Mr. Stern that the offers would get worse if they did not accept the current offer.

And if the next offer does indeed get worse, is that another bluff too????

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I just won't get into arguments with you Russ because you will always look for the 5 paws of the cat when there are only 4. The bigest proof of that was when you said there would be a league without players.

I'm not arguing!!  I've stated since July - that's JULY  - that the sides were too far apart - that the players have had it too soft - that the owners want it more like the other sports - I have been taken to task by you and others for my position - which is  - I predicted in July there would be no season - and now - what are you afraid to admit I'm right?
    And WHAT league without players?  What on earth are you talking about?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

If the players did this early we would have a season and they would have there 52%.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The players blew it of this there is no doubt.  Stern is and never will be a good guy. These incredibly well payed players have lost touch with the fact that they are employed by businesses that are not as profitable as they were. Times are tough and these idiots should have realized the loss of a year of basketball was not in their interests.  Ask the NHL if you don't believe it.

I am over it and the price they will pay will be steeper and steeper in the coming days. Morons.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

If the players did this early we would have a season and they would have there 52%.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5

Very possible.  And the fact that they didn't shows how under prepared they were for this.  Either under prepared, out of touch, or badly advised, or all three.

the agents have likely been a bad and too strong of an influence on them, and it seems too many players are concerned with saving face.  If so, then pragmatism is out the window for the players.  And I find it hard to believe that half the players even want to go down this road for the sake of the other players misguided sense of winning.  They're being sold a vacuum cleaner by whoever is influencing them.

I saw Stern as well and he just looked like he was over it.  I don't know if it gets uglier from here or if the players get what they want after this next faze runs course.  What I do know is that if the players had their act together sooner they would have decertified in the summer and would likely be playing games right about now.  And to think, the NFL players walked everyone through it months earlier, showing them how it's done.  It's not like they never heard of decertification.      

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: The players will NOT fold Mr. Stern. :  Very possible.  And the fact that they didn't shows how under prepared they were for this.  Either under prepared, out of touch, or badly advised, or all three.   the agents have likely been a bad and too strong of an influence on them, and it seems too many players are concerned with saving face.  If so, then pragmatism is out the window for the players.  And I find it hard to believe that half the players even want to go down this road for the sake of the other players misguided sense of winning.  They're being sold a vacuum cleaner by whoever is influencing them.   I saw Stern as well and he just looked like he was over it.  I don't know if it gets uglier from here or if the players get what they want after this next faze runs course.  What I do know is that if the players had their act together sooner they would have decertified in the summer and would likely be playing games right about now.  And to think, the NFL players walked everyone through it months earlier, showing them how it's done.  It's not like they never heard of decertification.      
    Posted by passfirst

Players took a risk and lost.  They hoped that rather than play hard ball and decertify, they could work out a deal in negotiation and coming down from 57% to 52.5% (and clearly they would have gone to 51.5 or 51).  But, that didn't work and they lost valuable time and effectiveness.   

Oh well, I wonder what's next.  Maybe Red is right - we may not see basketball this year at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It appears Red was right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

It's Monday night.

Are you ready for some football?

If you don't have an NFL team, Monday night means Basketball Wives LA. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

What's on tonight isn't football......its a massacre in process!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts