The Prize for the #1 Seed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Prize for the #1 Seed

DWIGHT HOWARD in the 2nd round. 

Even if the Celts don't get the #1 seed most probably they will not face the Bulls anymore the rest of the way. I mean Joakim Noah and Kurt Thomas against D.Howard? 

Seriously, anyone who thinks the Magic are not a threat in the playoffs does not know NBA basketball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: The Prize for the #1 Seed

That IS a really good point.  Wonder if that was on Ainge's mind when he made those trades.  Perhaps he knew that with our injuries it was only a matter of time before we lost some ground in the standings and that we'd have to get through quicker teams like Miami and Chicago to even get to the teams like Orlando - and of course LA - where size match-ups matter more. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to The Prize for the #1 Seed:
    [QUOTE]DWIGHT HOWARD in the 2nd round.  Even if the Celts don't get the #1 seed most probably they will not face the Bulls anymore the rest of the way. I mean Joakim Noah and Kurt Thomas against D.Howard?  Seriously, anyone who thinks the Magic are not a threat in the playoffs does not know NBA basketball.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I gotta disagree a bit. Dwight doesn't have much help.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The Prize for the #1 Seed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Prize for the #1 Seed : I gotta disagree a bit. Dwight doesn't have much help.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Jameer Nelson, J-Rich, and Turkoglu are not help? The Magic's problems are turnovers and defense. Both can be corrected come playoff time. But the Magic are not lacking in personnel, that's for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

# 1 is the best way to go but we are headed for #3--  At this time the Bulls are #1 and the Celts #2 and Heat #3 and headed for #2--- It looks like after a great year we have given up very important late games that will come back to haunt us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]# 1 is the best way to go but we are headed for #3--  At this time the Bulls are #1 and the Celts #2 and Heat #3 and headed for #2--- It looks like after a great year we have given up very important late games that will come back to haunt us.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Back in November everybody said they would be happy if the Celts got 57 wins this season. The Celts are still on pace to get 60 wins and you're already giving up on our Celts?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Did not say we would not win, but it will be much harder.  anyway I may just need a hot dog.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

P34 this is a great point...i never actually thought of that...and i agree there is a great chance the bulls never even get past magic...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

If their long-range game is on, the Magic are hard to beat. If its off, not so much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Chicago Bulls are a one man team. Carlos Boozer is not a big time player. He disappears in the playoffs. Joakim Noah is not exactly Pau Gasol, let alone Dwight Howard. And Luol Deng is not Kevin Durant.

If you still don't believe me then how about this, no team will make it to the Finals if Keith Bogans is the starter at SG.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

howard doesn't bother me. we are the best team at shutting him down, even without perk.

I would rather see the bulls and heat beat the living daylight out of each other in the second round

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]# 1 is the best way to go but we are headed for #3--  At this time the Bulls are #1 and the Celts #2 and Heat #3 and headed for #2--- It looks like after a great year we have given up very important late games that will come back to haunt us.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  It appeared that the Celtics would have the #1 seed until this recent losing slump.  If this continues we will definitely end up being the #3 seed.  I just hope that the Celtics can turn things around for the remainder of the season.  Most of the starters have not being performing very well for the past few games and have to start playing better. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Maybe the C's have decide they'd rather play the Knicks and Heat before the Bulls, instead of Pacers and Magic.

If that's the case, why not just start resting the starters altogether? 

Trouble is losing too many and losing the homecourt to the Lakers.

PA

Sections
Shortcuts