the rapid downfall of one GLEN "STILL DOC'S BABY" DAVIS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

the rapid downfall of one GLEN "STILL DOC'S BABY" DAVIS!

dude wanted a max deal like 2 years ago on a high in orlando. some posters predicted it was fool's gold as mag were just a bad team designed to showcase a baby. prior to that, he felt stunted by coming off the bench and not playin more major minutes in boston. now the league has spoken loud and clear of what they really think of him.. first he begs off the mag and is bought out to sign with any1. his team manufactures broad interst yet only doc really reaches out with a deal and its for the vet min with option year for a measley $1.4m.

baby opts out and is a fully free man with so many teams with wads of cash to spend on a baby. what happens? no1 balks or even has him in for a real talk. he goes begging doc again to take him in for likely the last year of his bloated career.. to make it more humiliating, he takes a pay cut from the 1.4 for a total min of $1.2m. heck, baby may not even make it out of pre-season. total jabro material, destined to not even be part of the rotation. clearly the first guy off the active roster the first time any opportunity presents it self. his act has worn thin, peeps clearly do not like him.. where else could he go? assistant LSU coach maybe?

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Re: the rapid downfall of one GLEN

I never liked his game. Just a fat guy who can't rebound jacking up jump shots and crying on the bench.

Literally crying on the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

He never wanted a max contract but don't let facts get in the way of your idiotic posts you narcisstic  tool.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He never wanted a max contract but don't let facts get in the way of your idiotic posts you narcisstic  tool.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

I know, the Commie needs some new material doesn't he ? Just a lame take all around.

Glen Davis came over in the Ray Allen trade on Draft Night 2007, he was the #35 pick and he had a great career as a Celtic bench guy, he was VERY effective and played with a lot of passion and fire, the 2nd year when KG was injured for the playoffs, Glen Davs played like a star, he was big time in the playoffs against Chicago and put the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals against Orlando,

while he was due a much bigger long term contract, the Celtics flipped him for Brandon Bass, a more versatile offensive and defensive player for less money,  the Big Baby experiment in Boston was good fro everyone all around, he will play at least 5 more seasons in the NBA as a bench guy for minimum wage or close to it....

...what makes that a failure ?

Glen Davis has had a nice career, and many Celtic fans remember him and LOVED his quirky game and his infectious personality , only a COMMIE wouldn't understand this..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

If you're gonna use big words to insult people, buy a dictionary. You were off by about 4 letters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think he was referring to the OP, whose post was off by about 400 letters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

If you're gonna use big words to insult people, buy a dictionary. You were off by about 4 letters.

[/QUOTE]
    +1111

[object HTMLDivElement]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

this post is a joke.  nobody here denied that the guy was limited.  however, he played like a winner for this contending team and contributed a lot.  once he left our help defense system imploded because he did such a good job plugging holes on D- something that never shows up on a stat sheet.

i was surprised that houston did not make a run at him- davis seemed to have a good on-court in-game relationship with dwight howard, if the team was running the ball the right way.  davis still can cause the biggest 5's in the league headaches by bodying them around like they generally are not used to. 

i predicted he would not have much of a role on LAC and i was right.  i think he played well for them and when precious pretty boi blake griffin was playing terrible in the playoffs last year, davis should have / could have seen more time. 

he probably wants to be closer to a contender right now than a basement team at this point in his career which will likely not span more than 5 years unless he is the exception to big framed guys wearing out early under rigors of the NBA.  if WE were a contending team i'd want him back in a second for a reasonable price. 

how can you idiots malign davis for shooting jumpers (which he hits at a decent rate) when your boy sullinger is an outside bombing machine, with not so good results?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and since he was just bought out of a multi-years left orlando contract, the 1.2 he makes this year is on top of the 6m or more he was likely bought out of for 75 cents on the dollar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

The worst part is that Noah was still on the board when the Celtics picked Davis.  I like DA and he's done a lot of good things, but that's the one I can't get over.  With Noah on the Celtics they'd have won in 2010, which they should have anyway if the 4th quarter of game 7 wasn't rigged.  They would have won in 2012 as well.  With both Noah and KG in the paint, the heat would have gone down and the experience of the Celts would have made stew out of Dallas in the finals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The worst part is that Noah was still on the board when the Celtics picked Davis.  I like DA and he's done a lot of good things, but that's the one I can't get over.  With Noah on the Celtics they'd have won in 2010, which they should have anyway if the 4th quarter of game 7 wasn't rigged.  They would have won in 2012 as well.  With both Noah and KG in the paint, the heat would have gone down and the experience of the Celts would have made stew out of Dallas in the finals.

[/QUOTE]

What Noah do you mean?  Joaquim noah was taken early...I think before we took Jeff Green.  Baby was a second round pick, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice. This forum is first and foremost entertainment(much like the game itself), Not to be taken too seriously.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Auto"correct" on iPhone you jack as s !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Instead of blaming technology, you should try blaming black, female culture(both are equally valid)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Instead of blaming technology, you should try blaming black, female culture(both are equally valid)

[/QUOTE]

since we're nitpicking grammar, are you sure that black, female are equal adjectives?  I would just go with no apostrophe and say that black is an adjective describing female, and then female describes culture.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

since we're nitpicking grammar, are you sure that black, female are equal adjectives?  I would just go with no apostrophe and say that black is an adjective describing female, and then female describes culture.

[/QUOTE]

No one was nitpicking grammar to my knowledge.  I made a post saying that if you can't spell an insult, don't use it. Which I am pretty sure everyone agrees with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this post is a joke.  nobody here denied that the guy was limited.  however, he played like a winner for this contending team and contributed a lot.  once he left our help defense system imploded because he did such a good job plugging holes on D- something that never shows up on a stat sheet.

i was surprised that houston did not make a run at him- davis seemed to have a good on-court in-game relationship with dwight howard, if the team was running the ball the right way.  davis still can cause the biggest 5's in the league headaches by bodying them around like they generally are not used to. 

i predicted he would not have much of a role on LAC and i was right.  i think he played well for them and when precious pretty boi blake griffin was playing terrible in the playoffs last year, davis should have / could have seen more time. 

he probably wants to be closer to a contender right now than a basement team at this point in his career which will likely not span more than 5 years unless he is the exception to big framed guys wearing out early under rigors of the NBA.  if WE were a contending team i'd want him back in a second for a reasonable price. 

how can you idiots malign davis for shooting jumpers (which he hits at a decent rate) when your boy sullinger is an outside bombing machine, with not so good results?

[/QUOTE]

Good points. Big Baby was one of most exciting Celtics draft picks since Dave Cowens....Commie doesn't even watch basketball I bet......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Funny thing is, when comparing Baby to Tolliver, Baby won the sprint by an inch a few years back but in the marathon, Tolliver is still in the game.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/07/16/suns-sign-tolliver.ap/index.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good points. Big Baby was one of most exciting Celtics draft picks since Dave Cowens....Commie doesn't even watch basketball I bet......

[/QUOTE]

look here critic jabros, i loved baby when he was here overall esp in the early years.. the issue with him is more off the court and his mercurial demeanor.. if it were just basketball, he would b more in demand! baby is often a bigger one off the court!
    [object HTMLDivElement]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

His rookie year he played very well for us and provided us with what was needed at the time.  Thanks Glen Davis for a very good rookie year and contributions made during our championship run.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Glen was a good Celtic. He's not significantly better or worse than Bass (neither team really "won" that trade, but he's a good player and I wish him well. 

Commie - remember when you picked the Clips to come out of the west? I believe you also happily speculated on a Big Baby/doc reunion?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not nitpicking grammar, big guy. I'm exposing self important experts whose 'insights' are usually borrowed and are just as unsuccessful as the rest of us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    +1111

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]
    It may have been bad spelling but the sentiment was right.  BB did us right, and who the heck cares how much he get paid now.  A dumb post.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What Noah do you mean?  Joaquim noah was taken early...I think before we took Jeff Green.  Baby was a second round pick, right?

[/QUOTE]

Noah was picked 9th overall.