the rapid downfall of one GLEN "STILL DOC'S BABY" DAVIS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: the rapid downfall of one GLEN

Well, still, green turned into Ray, so....

And baby was 2nd round that year right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

The worst part is that Noah was still on the board when the Celtics picked Davis.  I like DA and he's done a lot of good things, but that's the one I can't get over.  With Noah on the Celtics they'd have won in 2010, which they should have anyway if the 4th quarter of game 7 wasn't rigged.  They would have won in 2012 as well.  With both Noah and KG in the paint, the heat would have gone down and the experience of the Celts would have made stew out of Dallas in the finals.

SORRY, BUT YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.....NOAH WAS A TOP 10 PICK AND BIG BABY WAS PICKED #35th, SO DON'T SAY NOAH WAS STILL ON THE BOARD WHEN WE "PICKED" BIG BABY, THE DEAL WAS FOR SEATTLE TO DRAFT BIG BABY WITH THEIR #35th PICK AND SEND HIM TO BOSTON ALONG WITH RAY ALLEN FOR JEFF GREEN, WALLY SECERBIAK, DELONTE WEST AND I THINK THEO RATLIFF'S CONTRACT TO MAKE IT ALL BALANCE OUT........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I think he was referring to the OP, whose post was off by about 400 letters.

LMAO...you got that right!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

As usual the author of this thread makes up facts to then criticize... 

BBD was a good Celtic, esp the year KG went, he played like a star both during and post season. That alone, made BBD's career as a low draft pick Celtic a big success. I always liked the guys game, he could post and hit the short jumper... his defense in the lane was pretty good too.

Unfortunately, BBD started to decline somewhat when Doc decided to tinker with him and fix what wasnt broken.

Whatever BBD is getting paid now is meaningless to the argument (apparently the author got this wrong too). He was good for the C's while it lasted and can probably play a good role off the bench for a contender if he can lay off the twinkies

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

For example, Miami could have used him to match up with Diaw.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

BBD was a good Celtic, esp the year KG went, he played like a star both during and post season. That alone, made BBD's career as a low draft pick Celtic a big success. I always liked the guys game, he could post and hit the short jumper... his defense in the lane was pretty good too.

Unfortunately, BBD started to decline somewhat when Doc decided to tinker with him and fix what wasnt broken.

Whatever BBD is getting paid now is meaningless to the argument (apparently the author got this wrong too). He was good for the C's while it lasted and can probably play a good role off the bench for a contender if he can lay off the twinkies

I agree, it was Doc that made him break his hand punching his friend. and it was Doc that made him cry on the bench.  Doc  is also the reason he couldn't rebound.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

he was a good celtic.  he played out of his head in '09 when KG went out and made what was a bummer team into an exciting over-achiever between him and rondo playing well.

watching davis hustle and play team D was the type of hustle i have not seen in a green uniform since bird / cowens as far as willing to sacrifice body and mop floor when needed.  i'm sure a lot of that had to do with KG winding him up like a cheap clock to get him going and keep his mind right.

compared to bass, davis is a much better player.  bass' big move off the dribble is a fumble turnover.  just not a good player and no comparison on D.  bass has trouble playing one man straight up and not losing him let alone playing the team D system that was the lynch pin to the C's success and cheating time for the big 3 to get rest while davis scurried around plugging holes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

I agree, it was Doc that made him break his hand punching his friend. and it was Doc that made him cry on the bench.  Doc  is also the reason he couldn't rebound.

did doc make sheed show up like a fat pig too?

all you people who like to run down davis- he's been gone for two years now- why do you hate him so much?

doc hated him and allowed what was best for the team to take a back burner to his loathing of davis who was definitely a guy you needed to stay on top of but bass stinks compared to davis and doesn't rebound one single iota better. 

a modern nba "kid" today who comes into the league at 18-20 is generally less mature than your average nba player from 20 years ago.  doc rode davis like sea biscuit and obviously hated him beyond the merit of anything actually bad that davis did. 

davis broke his hand like a bone head and sheed BROKE THE MORALE of the starters by showing up with bouncy C-cups and lollygagging around giving away every 15 to 20 point lead that the starters got.  put that in your pipe and smoke it.  i remember watching EVERY game that year and there were precious few games in the regular season that sheed pulled his weight and instead he'd bomb corner 3's and then crawl back on D.  but never a word from the davis haters on how stupid sheed played or his poor conditioning.  why not?  because you're still feckless doc rivers jock sniffers.  what a way to go

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I don't hate him.

I didn't like his game, and I didn't like his attitude. I don't like Rivers much either. Calm down a little.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I don't hate him.

I didn't like his game, and I didn't like his attitude. I don't like Rivers much either. Calm down a little.

davis' game was good for that team we had.  he spread the floor, he ran on the fast breaks like few fat man ever had- not to get a ton of points but to make defensive people come to him so that others could get points.  lots of off stat sheet benefits that i saw in him that were a lot like how paul silas used to play. 

i never liked his PERSONALITY but his ATTITUDE was generally win at all costs.  that's kind of hard to find these days.  all of that is gone now and can't come back.  doc should have never allowed a personality conflict to get in the way of what was best for the team.  he didn't just do it with davis, nate robinson was thrown out like a stale sandwich in the perkins deal and we really needed some backup for rondo and spark plug scoring off the bench.

i thought davis was really developing a nice game in the post and the celts had the right mix of veteran passers and selfless players that really made him more than he probably was otherwise.  to his credit davis did substantially increase his per minute rebounding when he got the orlando contract, one of his weaknesses.  and bass has flagged in rebounding per minute since we got him.  literally not one bit better than the old davis and less rebounds PER than davis on orlando. 

i remember people marveling over what a great "athlete" bass was.  doesn't matter if you're buff when your a clutz.  lol

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

I don't hate him.

davis' game was good for that team we had.  he spread the floor, he ran on the fast breaks like few fat man ever had- not to get a ton of points but to make defensive people come to him so that others could get points.  lots of off stat sheet benefits that i saw in him that were a lot like how paul silas used to play. 

i never liked his PERSONALITY but his ATTITUDE was generally win at all costs.  that's kind of hard to find these days.  all of that is gone now and can't come back.  doc should have never allowed a personality conflict to get in the way of what was best for the team.  he didn't just do it with davis, nate robinson was thrown out like a stale sandwich in the perkins deal and we really needed some backup for rondo and spark plug scoring off the bench.

i thought davis was really developing a nice game in the post and the celts had the right mix of veteran passers and selfless players that really made him more than he probably was otherwise.  to his credit davis did substantially increase his per minute rebounding when he got the orlando contract, one of his weaknesses.  and bass has flagged in rebounding per minute since we got him.  literally not one bit better than the old davis and less rebounds PER than davis on orlando. 

i remember people marveling over what a great "athlete" bass was.  doesn't matter if you're buff when your a clutz.  lol

Sane response. And yes I am being too hard on Davis. We all have our favorites and for some reason I never liked the guy, it had much more to do with what I perceived his personality to be like more than his game.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Glen was a good Celtic. He's not significantly better or worse than Bass (neither team really "won" that trade, but he's a good player and I wish him well. 

Commie - remember when you picked the Clips to come out of the west? I believe you also happily speculated on a Big Baby/doc reunion?

Not exactly true. Bass can defend farther from the hoop and shoot with greater consistency.  Davis defends slightly better at the C, but overall, Bass is the better player. Davis, even at LSU, has never had any lift, whereas Bass is much quicker off his feet and gets up highe, ergo, better rebounder and scores inside more easily.  

• Sections
    Shortcuts