The REAL Game Thread - Celtics vs. Hawks 4.1.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: The REAL Game Thread - Celtics vs. Hawks 4.1.11

In Response to Re: The REAL Game Thread - Celtics vs. Hawks 4.1.11:
    I hate to play the card of blaming the refs, but that push-off foul on Garnett was cheap.  Players should be the ones deciding the game in the last minute.  Not zebras.  It shouldn't have even been this close, but I'm just saying...
    Posted by MsLithium21

I am not too worried about this game.  The back to back with losing a hour in the trip, getting in at 3:30 am, and down another player. I thought we fought well and played decent.  The second half we were gassed and quit running.  At the end of the game, PP should have had a continuation and one, (even Hubie said so)  PP also had a flagrant foul on him, (Hubie also agreed), and third PP should have gotten a charge call for him. Three big plays all in the last few minutes of the game that went against us.  That was the game.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: The REAL Game Thread - Celtics vs. Hawks 4.1.11 : I am not too worried about this game.  The back to back with losing a hour in the trip, getting in at 3:30 am, and down another player. I thought we fought well and played decent.  The second half we were gassed and quit running.  At the end of the game, PP should have had a continuation and one, (even Hubie said so)  PP also had a flagrant foul on him, (Hubie also agreed), and third PP should have gotten a charge call for him. Three big plays all in the last few minutes of the game that went against us.  That was the game.
    Posted by OneOnOne

I agree with all of that, but thats what happens when you give up a 12 point lead late n the third...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

I just don't get it. Celts better get their ACT together NOOOOW!! Does anyone see how the Lakers are playing?? They only lost ONE game since the break. The Lakers DESTROYED the Mavs last night. Yeah, the same team we couldn't beat this season. We don't have a chance in HELL getting to the Finals if we keep blowing leads!!! UGH!!!
    Posted by Waynestarr

The reason why we are blowing leads is because the are getting out rebounded like crazy. 3 Offensive rebounds tongiht, and 38 total. This is pathetic. I agree, Doc needs to work on getting this corrected now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Too many jup shots....how come they never realize that after missing a few in a row that its time to take it to the basket?
    Posted by jdm894g

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Its been driving me crazy seeing jump shot after jump shot, play in the paint!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: The REAL Game Thread - Celtics vs. Hawks 4.1.11 : Offensive rebounds and second chance points have been killing this team all year and again tonite... Ray should have been in front of Horford but he just stands there
    Posted by CASox

I replayed that play 5 times on my DVR and I can tell you that Ray had NO CHANCE of getting in front of a center to box him out.  The fault in that play lies with Paul and Rondo for letting the man get to the basket such that KG had to help and leave his man.  Ray started from the space between the free throw line and the dotted line jump ball circle.  From there, he had to have gotten in side a 6'10" center who was standing under the basket.  He had no chance to get there.  By the time he got there, Horford was jumping already.  

Sometimes, the help D looks bad but it all starts with the D out front.  Paul got beat, Rondo reached, KG had to help, and Ray was stuck trying to get 6 steps away to box out a 6'10" guy.  No chance at all!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Depressing, but I refuse to write this team off.  Pierce fought to the end and did his best to carry everyone else.  If he'd gotten a few (um, obvious) calls, we may have won or perhaps forced overtime.  What killed us was that hideous 1st half of the 4th quarter.  Just pathetic scoring on our part, over-relying on the jump shot that was no longer dropping.  But you know what - the rotation will be tighter in the playoffs.  There were players in tonight who - if they make the playoff rotation - won't be in much.  Our starters will be playing more minutes and we'll rarely see a whole unit of subs.  Paul Pierce was the bright spot among the starters and Delonte West was the silver lining off the bench.  I'm angry and frustrated right now, but we'll be OK.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

THis is on our bench.  Our Bench: Von Wafer       -1 (a few minutes.)  JO      -1  (Can't blame him.) Sasha Pavlovic -5  (Great foul onthe 3 point shooter.) Delonte West   -10 (I don't blame him.) Jeff Green        -8 (He's 6'9'' and can't get 1 rebound? Not one. and try defense)
    Posted by jtkl

Exactly.  This one is not on the starters.  its on the NBA schedule, the bench that's supposed to help, and on one player who played with the starters (BBD) who did NOT allow our offense to use its strengths.  BBD should NOT have been taking shots as often as he did late in the 4th quarter.  Notice in the last game, it was KG, Rondo, Paul taking those shots.  This game, BBD decided he'd be the hero and the offense went to "stagnant".  

As Doc always says - trust your teammates and do it together - no hero ball. I love BBD as a 6th man, but when he thinks he's a starter and wants to play like his shot is our first option - he hurts us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: The REAL Game Thread - Celtics vs. Hawks 4.1.11 : Exactly.  This one is not on the starters.  its on the NBA schedule, the bench that's supposed to help, and on one player who played with the starters (BBD) who did NOT allow our offense to use its strengths.  BBD should NOT have been taking shots as often as he did late in the 4th quarter.  Notice in the last game, it was KG, Rondo, Paul taking those shots.  This game, BBD decided he'd be the hero and the offense went to "stagnant".   As Doc always says - trust your teammates and do it together - no hero ball. I love BBD as a 6th man, but when he thinks he's a starter and wants to play like his shot is our first option - he hurts us.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Especially when he is already over-matched as an undersized power forward filling in at center....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Second  chance  points  have  hurt  us  all  year.   And  31  points  in  the  second  half  against  a  weak  Hawks  defense !  Maybe  it  was  b/c  it  was  a  back  to  back  on  the  road.  They've  lost  8  of  9  back  to  backs  on  the  road  this  year.   Jon  looked  liked  a  stiff  tonight - 1  rebound, 1  point.  Rondo  regressed  after  having  such  a  great  game  last  night.  Rondo  took  more  shots  than  anyone  and  had  5  assists.  Ray  is  definitely  in  a  slump.  The  Celts  can  still  turn  it  around  but  there's  a  lot  of  ifs.  First  they  need  to  get  healthy.   Jon  and  Shaq  need  to  contribute  consistently.  The  Celts  need  to  REBOUND  much  better.  Rondo  needs  to  be  aggressive  offensively  and  average  10 - 11  assists  per  game.   And  shot  selection  at  the  end  of  games  needs  to  improve.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ms Linthium is right.....wow the refs are taking a lot away from us.  We get techs, their hard fouls get nothing.  We get ticky tacky fouls, they get no call on the charge on Pierce.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Its not the refs. Its fatigue and inability to finish games. Period.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Look folks, its not like they aren't trying and giving it their all. They just are too old, too slow, and too tired to win this year. BELIEVE YOUR OWN EYES!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Second  chance  points  have  hurt  us  all  year.   And  31  points  in  the  second  half  against  a  weak  Hawks  defense !  Maybe  it  was  b/c  it  was  a  back  to  back  on  the  road.  They've  lost  8  of  9  back  to  backs  on  the  road  this  year.   Jon  looked  liked  a  stiff  tonight - 1  rebound, 1  point.  Rondo  regressed  after  having  such  a  great  game  last  night.  Rondo  took  more  shots  than  anyone  and  had  5  assists.  Ray  is  definitely  in  a  slump.  The  Celts  can  still  turn  it  around  but  there's  a  lot  of  ifs.  First  they  need  to  get  healthy.   Jon  and  Shaq  need  to  contribute  consistently.  The  Celts  need  to  REBOUND  much  better.  Rondo  needs  to  be  aggressive  offensively  and  average  10 - 11  assists  per  game.   And  shot  selection  at  the  end  of  games  needs  to  improve.
    Posted by zeitgeist49

You forgot to mention Baby

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

BBD had a disgusting game. 
    Posted by rpn313

I agree he need to stop taking so many jumpers that are not even going in

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

Didn't i tell you guys earlier today???  READ MY POST... the celts were a favor by 2 and a half points and any home dog team that is getting 3 pts or less this week had won!!!   EVERY single team this week!!!  Plus you guys already know how the Celts do on a 2nd night of a back to back...  Should have listen to me tsk tsk....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

Shaq, JO Kristic and Murphy at 75% can help?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Game over.. well, I thought they'd lose the back2back game...they did. Fight it out for 2nd seed.. no chance catching the Bulls
    Posted by Karllost

Agree with you.  The Celtics just need to end the season by winning most of their remaining games.   They need some positive momentum that will be gained by winning, instead of losing.  

Sections
Shortcuts