The rebuild is not going so well

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The rebuild is not going so well

I am really disappointed in the "rebuild" so far. The Celtics have two picks in a very deep draft and pick up two guys that play the same positions where Boston is already set (sorta). So I am thinking ok Bradley is going to walk then Ainge pays him $2 M more than what he is worth. Wow. No free agent signings. Boston still has the same, if not worse, gaping hole in the middle that they have had since Ainge traded away Perkins for ?.  I know Jeff Green, Mr. Invisible. Vonleh was there for the taking and is from the New England area?!! How do you pass up on a guy like that when he clearly filled the Celtis biggest need in the middle and he can score. Unbelievable. So now I read that Ainge is trying to come up with a way to trade for Kevin Love. How, by trading away Rondo?! Without Rondo, you have no Love. KG would not have come to Boston if Ray Allen hadn't been brought on board. KLove won't be coming to Boston without RR. Now the Celtics have a logjam at the 1 and 2 and are still lacking at the 3 and 5, just like they were before the draft. The rebuild is turning into a huge mess in Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: The rebuild is not going so well

I haven't read anywhere that says Rondo is going anywhere if we get Love. 

I think at this point it's obvious on the plans. 

This season is up in the air. Ainge is going to fight like hell to get Love here and make the rebuild faster. And if not, we will trade Rondo and go full boat rebuild. 

Simple, continue to try for Love and if it falls through trade Rondo. This is a bridge year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This season is up in the air. Ainge is going to fight like hell to get Love here and make the rebuild faster. And if not, we will trade Rondo and go full boat rebuild. 

Simple, continue to try for Love and if it falls through trade Rondo. This is a bridge year

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree, as usual, with you.

Patience needs to be had by Celtics fans.  We are not alone, however.  As we all wait for the Melo-drama to run its' course, and we wait for The Decision, Part Deux, we are in a holding pattern.

Melo back to the Knicks

James?  I don't think this carries as much impact as the Melo decision.  There are 7 teams that can offer him a max deal, and four of them stink.

If James returns to MIA (most likely), Bosh and Wade return, end of story.

If he doesn't, Bosh leaves and this BS starts all over again.

I would hope that Flip will tell us soon that he is either trading Love, or we have no shot.

Tough to tell, because who would MN want from another team?  And why wouldn't they just deal with that team?

It will be tough for the owner to trade a franchise player to BOS again, so I think our odds of getting Love are slim.

And, for the 100th time, I think IND and HOU are the two most likely landing spots for Rondo.........esp if SAC matches Thomas lakers offer (2.7).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

hedley

Sacramento already signed Darren Collison.

They don't need Isaiah anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Guy, don't get disappointed, actually the whole NBA team did not do any major trades. This is not over, things will change......you watch. I don't speculate who is coming to the Celtics, i learned that when you like "A" player, Ainge will take the other letter "X". So sit and relax....

Celtics cannot tank another year. They will lost a lot of revenue if they do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to MajorMajor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hedley

Sacramento already signed Darren Collison.

They don't need Isaiah anymore.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, I know that.  He is an RFA.............and they said they don't want to match the offer,   Unless it's cheap:

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/07/04/sacramento-kings-can-should-match-isaiah-thomas-offer-sheets-after-landing-collison/" rel="nofollow">http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/07/04/sacramento-kings-can-should-match-isaiah-thomas-offer-sheets-after-landing-collison/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

Guy, don't get disappointed, actually the whole NBA team did not do any major trades. This is not over, things will change......you watch. I don't speculate who is coming to the Celtics, i learned that when you like "A" player, Ainge will take the other letter "X". So sit and relax....

Not true.

Celts tanked last season and they ended up among the top 5 earners of the league.

Below are the top teams ranked in order projected profitability, followed by others mentioned in Lowe’s report:

1. Los Angeles Lakers: $100.1 million
    2. Chicago Bulls: $61 million
    3. Houston Rockets: $40.7 million
    4. Boston Celtics: $33.1 million
    5. Oklahoma City: $29 million

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Pistons are said to be offering 8m per year for Isaiah.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to MajorMajor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes, I know that.  He is an RFA.............and they said they don't want to match the offer,   Unless it's cheap:

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/07/04/sacramento-kings-can-should-match-isaiah-thomas-offer-sheets-after-landing-collison/" rel="nofollow">http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/07/04/sacramento-kings-can-should-match-isaiah-thomas-offer-sheets-after-landing-collison/" rel="nofollow">http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/07/04/sacramento-kings-can-should-match-isaiah-thomas-offer-sheets-after-landing-collison/

[/QUOTE]

Pistons are said to be offering 8m per year for Isaiah.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Still mulling decision.....no offer as of yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Not true.

Celts tanked last season and they ended up among the top 5 earners of the league.

Below are the top teams ranked in order projected profitability, followed by others mentioned in Lowe’s report:

LOL: look at the drop from 100 million OF LA vs 33 million  and it's a TOP 5 EARNER?  33 million is peanut & mosquito bite for a team like boston.  One more year of tanking and it will drop to 25 million.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am really disappointed in the "rebuild" so far. The Celtics have two picks in a very deep draft and pick up two guys that play the same positions where Boston is already set (sorta). So I am thinking ok Bradley is going to walk then Ainge pays him $2 M more than what he is worth. Wow. No free agent signings. Boston still has the same, if not worse, gaping hole in the middle that they have had since Ainge traded away Perkins for ?.  I know Jeff Green, Mr. Invisible. Vonleh was there for the taking and is from the New England area?!! How do you pass up on a guy like that when he clearly filled the Celtis biggest need in the middle and he can score. Unbelievable. So now I read that Ainge is trying to come up with a way to trade for Kevin Love. How, by trading away Rondo?! Without Rondo, you have no Love. KG would not have come to Boston if Ray Allen hadn't been brought on board. KLove won't be coming to Boston without RR. Now the Celtics have a logjam at the 1 and 2 and are still lacking at the 3 and 5, just like they were before the draft. The rebuild is turning into a huge mess in Boston.

[/QUOTE]

Vonley measured out at 6'8" at the draft combines. There's not a lot of 6'8" NBA centers out there. Most are taller. Maybe he still grows a few inches.  Maybe not.  He covered his bases by drafting a PG and a SG. If Rondo bolted and Green opps out then what would they do?   The Monday morning coaches would have said why didn't Danny draft guards instead of Vonley?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Celtic fans always give Ainge a free pass and say "in Danny we trust."  This is not the case and never has been.  I went over all of Ainge's draft picks for the last 5 yrs. or so.  2008 he drafted JR Gliddens over Mario Chalmers and DeAndre Jordan.  Gliddens was a bust.  Now Bradley is a decent player, but hurt every yr and barely played half of a season since being drafted and now a contract for 8+ million per yr.?  2005 draft he pick at 18 Gerald Green when he could've drafted Monta Ellis or David Lee?  Last year drafted Melo and now he's out of the league pumping gas?  2007 draft he selected Gabe Pruitt with the 32nd pick, but Marc Gasol was still on the board and the Lakers took him at 48th in the second round and the Lakers used that pick to propel them to two championships.  Yeah I know I left out the great RR and he was a very good selection.  All in all Ainge has done a poor job drafting. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

Not true.

LOL: look at the drop from 100 million OF LA vs 33 million  and it's a TOP 5 EARNER?  33 million is peanut & mosquito bite for a team like boston.  One more year of tanking and it will drop to 25 million.

[/QUOTE]

People will come to the games to see Smart.  He and Olynyk have garnered more attention during summer league than the Celtics had at the end of last year.  Smart will fill seats. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Celtic fans always give Ainge a free pass and say "in Danny we trust."  This is not the case and never has been.  I went over all of Ainge's draft picks for the last 5 yrs. or so.  2008 he drafted JR Gliddens over Mario Chalmers and DeAndre Jordan.  Gliddens was a bust.  Now Bradley is a decent player, but hurt every yr and barely played half of a season since being drafted and now a contract for 8+ million per yr.?  2005 draft he pick at 18 Gerald Green when he could've drafted Monta Ellis or David Lee?  Last year drafted Melo and now he's out of the league pumping gas?  2007 draft he selected Gabe Pruitt with the 32nd pick, but Marc Gasol was still on the board and the Lakers took him at 48th in the second round and the Lakers used that pick to propel them to two championships.  Yeah I know I left out the great RR and he was a very good selection.  All in all Ainge has done a poor job drafting. 

[/QUOTE]

Your just naming the things that didnt work (for your convenience). Thats easy to do. Your not mentioning his trades either alot of them have been very successful. ALso, Gerald Green is right now playing better ball than both Lee and Ellis together. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That was both not funny and a lie the first time you posted it:

Rondo - Bradley - Sully - Oly - Smart - Young - Davis - Gomes - Perkins - Jefferson - Powe  -  West - Allen.  This is about guys he TOOK, moron, not about guys he passed on.  Admittedly, he passed on the players you mentioned, but  - there are 13 names up there - most of them are still in the league.  Since 2005?????  That's pretty good - what other GM can say that?  CERTAINLY not kupcake!!

Enjoy both Jacoby Parker and the Pillsbury Dough Boy!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your just naming the things that didnt work (for your convenience). Thats easy to do. Your not mentioning his trades either alot of them have been very successful. ALso, Gerald Green is right now playing better ball than both Lee and Ellis together. 

[/QUOTE]

No, I went over all drafts that Ainge has made in an earlier post several months ago and hedleylamar who has been STALKING me for months complained to mods and had my post removed immediately after it was posted.  Almost all of the players drafted are gone and for good reason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, I went over all drafts that Ainge has made in an earlier post several months ago and hedleylamar who has been STALKING me for months complained to mods and had my post removed immediately after it was posted.  Almost all of the players drafted are gone and for good reason.

[/QUOTE]

One exception would be J. Green who was traded for R. Allen - R. Allen was one of the primary reasons KG decided to come to Bean town - which as we all know resulted in banner 17!

Then of course J. Green found his way back to bean town (full circle)!

Thanks for the pleasant memory GK! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Almost all of the players drafted are gone and for good reason.

[/QUOTE]

Dont get me wrong but only franchise players (usually top picks) remain with the same team..Good role players will bounce around and only when they are veterans, they provide some sort of catapult effect for contending teams.. Chalmers will be in another team soon (maybe), Marc Gasol has been a success in Memphis but still has not won anything and mark it down that DeAndre would eventually be moved if the Clippers dont win. Is how the game goes. Chalmers won a ring but he had Lebron, Wade and bosh.. DA is not the best GM but you know what, he is among the top ones for sure. . and you have to remember the great success DA has had with second round picks which is not an easy task.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I like our draft choices but we did draft until #6, that was the problem.   We have not been able to sign a major free agent that is the problem.  Thru the draft we are headed for a so so team only , because of the draft choices we have.  We are shot in the foot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like our draft choices but we did draft until #6, that was the problem.   We have not been able to sign a major free agent that is the problem.  Thru the draft we are headed for a so so team only , because of the draft choices we have.  We are shot in the foot.

[/QUOTE]

but FA is a tricky one. I rather wait for other FA than settle for Love and ROndo..specially if Smart seems to provide something we have not had in Rondo.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think his point was that the only cap asset we have is rondo.  you could pile up jeff green and bass but nobody can even convince themselves that there is even the glimmer of fool's gold toward them contributing anything meaningful to a meaningful team.  in other words, all we have is total trash to offer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

there is more than right now. you just can't see that far. that's what separates the few from the most.

DA has earned everyone's trust and benefit of the doubt that he has a plan and will eventually succeed. 

[/QUOTE]

not my trust.  DA built TURDS of supporting casts from 2009 on.  no backup point guard, no relief for ray at the 2 even though we probably had the parts at the time to give him the relief.   posey and pj brown were barely enough in 2008.

then dummy danny goes and signs sheed to a TWO year deal that extends into new CBA and blows our mid level (that we needed!!!) to pieces for the second year that sheed retires in.  oh, and sheed showed up fat and dragged the team down for 2/3 of the year and still was not in shape by the time the playoffs rolled around and then got hurt when we needed him the most.  we never were able to trade his contract for the second year that he never showed up for.

letting tony allen go- there goes your defensive stopper and fireplug hustle guy who plagued the 1-3 spot- a perfect match for davis who hustled the 4-5 spots.  marquis daniels was no tony allen.   he couldn't even stay off the IR.

drafting mistakes- lots of them.

trading perkins for green wasn't half bad.  but still it was dumb.  even dumber yet by discarding the useful utility player nate robinson because doc rivers didn't like him.  last time i checked, the head coach doesn't have to bge CHUMS with everyone on the team- but anti-ubuntu doc became bigger than the team itself- which is a parody in and of itself because he was such a sub mediocre coach in every way.

perkins was a klutz but had a thing going with KG where he could ride KG's coattails and our style of play didn't expose perkins like he has been in OKC.  then we SIGN jeff green before he ever plays a game coming off of heart surgery and it's too bad they didnt' install any heart in him to want to play the game.  9 million, bidding against NOBODY x 4 years for mr. lazybones

EXTENDING RONDO, who still shot 60% free throws while bidding against NOBODY.  rondo became the first 10 million dollar PG who can't shoot at all.  now rondo thinks he's going to be the next "first" 15M (or more) PG who can't shoot at all.  what a joke.  all enabled by danny and doc who never sat the kid down and said, "listen, you have to do A and B before you get C (starting position) and D (consideration for an extension).  not rocket science there.

i could go on but i won't.  ainge has been a DOLT of a GM who floundered his way into assembling the big 3 thanks to mchale more than anyone else.

Sections
Shortcuts