The rebuild is not going so well

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

Re: The rebuild is not going so well

In response to MajorMajor's comment:

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

Guy, don't get disappointed, actually the whole NBA team did not do any major trades. This is not over, things will change......you watch. I don't speculate who is coming to the Celtics, i learned that when you like "A" player, Ainge will take the other letter "X". So sit and relax....

Celtics cannot tank another year. They will lost a lot of revenue if they do.

Not true.

Celts tanked last season and they ended up among the top 5 earners of the league.

Below are the top teams ranked in order projected profitability, followed by others mentioned in Lowe’s report:

1. Los Angeles Lakers: $100.1 million
    2. Chicago Bulls: $61 million
    3. Houston Rockets: $40.7 million
    4. Boston Celtics: $33.1 million
    5. Oklahoma City: $29 million

Nice list...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

I am really disappointed in the "rebuild" so far. The Celtics have two picks in a very deep draft and pick up two guys that play the same positions where Boston is already set (sorta). So I am thinking ok Bradley is going to walk then Ainge pays him $2 M more than what he is worth. Wow. No free agent signings. Boston still has the same, if not worse, gaping hole in the middle that they have had since Ainge traded away Perkins for ?.  I know Jeff Green, Mr. Invisible. Vonleh was there for the taking and is from the New England area?!! How do you pass up on a guy like that when he clearly filled the Celtis biggest need in the middle and he can score. Unbelievable. So now I read that Ainge is trying to come up with a way to trade for Kevin Love. How, by trading away Rondo?! Without Rondo, you have no Love. KG would not have come to Boston if Ray Allen hadn't been brought on board. KLove won't be coming to Boston without RR. Now the Celtics have a logjam at the 1 and 2 and are still lacking at the 3 and 5, just like they were before the draft. The rebuild is turning into a huge mess in Boston.

The Cs never really had a shot at love. Minnesota looked like losers in the AJ/KG trade. No GM wants to risk repeating history.

They took the best player on the board at #6. Never draft for need. Trade for need instead.

Young was a horrible pick, IMO. I knew they would fail at #17. That's most worrisome.

Rondo is not a long term answer. Smart will make Cs fans forget about him.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

The rebuild is going fine. The problem is that fans thought Danny was rebuilding a '64 GTO and when he pulled back the curtain it turned out it was actually a '41 Sherman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

The rebuild is going fine. The problem is that fans thought Danny was rebuilding a '64 GTO and when he pulled back the curtain it turned out it was actually a '41 Sherman.

Bingo!

Sections
Shortcuts