The rebuild

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: The rebuild

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to futbal's comment:

Not really likely to replicate 2007; they went from 1 superstar to three- hence the name Big Three. Now they have one recovering from injury All Star, who is no Paul Pierce yet. Also, what team is ready to trade a KG level player? Heck, Atlanta won't even trade Al Horford, he is gritty but he carries KGs jock strap. Green and Rondo could become superstars, certainly Rondo is closer, but they may not based on the first third of their careers. If both do become Superstars then yes, they can package 2 or 3 firsts and some real talent and make an offer another team can not refuse for Cousins or another Superstar big. Then with a new big three they are contending GeForce a World Championship. The more likely route is Rondo and Green remain who they are; second tier All Stars types but not Superstars. Then tanking it his year is key so they can draft a Superstar and then like San Antonio put one Superstar, two All Stars, 2-4 very good players and good roll players out for the next 10 years.

I don't disagree with your analysis...and completely agree with you abour Green and Rondo...2nd tier AS's at BEST...the C's deliverence into victory will be brought forth by those who are not yet here...much to the chagrin of the pink clouders and members of the Rondo Youth Brigade...

I agree with you AND CaptnCrunch....get it! Come on baby!

Holy mackrelANDY...IT is YOU...LMFAO....

You got me good dude...

Now I gotta go back and change my jet troll message and take that name out...LMFAO...

BTW...Time to double team a  certain QB on the other board...LMFAO!!!

HA!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Not really likely to replicate 2007; they went from 1 superstar to three- hence the name Big Three. Now they have one recovering from injury All Star, who is no Paul Pierce yet. Also, what team is ready to trade a KG level player? Heck, Atlanta won't even trade Al Horford, he is gritty but he carries KGs jock strap. Green and Rondo could become superstars, certainly Rondo is closer, but they may not based on the first third of their careers. If both do become Superstars then yes, they can package 2 or 3 firsts and some real talent and make an offer another team can not refuse for Cousins or another Superstar big. Then with a new big three they are contending GeForce a World Championship. The more likely route is Rondo and Green remain who they are; second tier All Stars types but not Superstars. Then tanking it his year is key so they can draft a Superstar and then like San Antonio put one Superstar, two All Stars, 2-4 very good players and good roll players out for the next 10 years.

I can buy that.  They will either build around guys like RR and Green or they will parlay one or both (with draft picks as a sweetener) into better players.  DA has a chance to get a pretty good player next year in the draft (assuming they're as bad as expected -- and I believe they will be bad). DA will compile assests with the hope of grabbing a falling star in the draft with the picks he gets from LA and Brooklyn.  All part of the plan to rebuild or or to stock up on young talent to include in trades.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Thinking that you need Super Stars to win a title? Not, a good bunch of team players or so called 2nd tier players can be competitive. If everyone on the team is a team player you can win without a so called Super Star. I have no problem with this team this year and Brad Stevens is a great team coach. Big Egos come with Super Stars, if this years team can get a good team unity and chemistry some of you may be surprised.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The One Good Big will come via trade.  

I think Detroit has decided that Jennings is their man at point, and Drummand and Monroe can be complimentary, so I dont expect a Monroe to walk through the doors (nor Cousins).  

A few scenarios:

Houston needs that third (quasi) all star and they need to upgrade from Lin if they want to compete.  Danny and KM will undoutedly be talking a Rondo for Asik trade (with other pieces) once Rondo comes back in early late Nov/early Dec.  

Or perhaps Danny WILL look to the draft and pick - Cauley-Stein, D. Johnson, Embid or Okafor in 2014 or 2015, all who all have quality starting center potential after a couple years of development and settle for a second tier temporary C like Biyombo of Charlotte. 

Rondo and Bradley for

Biyombo C - Kemba Walker PG - Henderson SG

Walker, IMO is the most under-rated PG in the NBA.  Henderson is solid 6'5" SG, both young with great contracts.  

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts